Login

russian armor

Time for Statistics

PAGES (8)down
8 Dec 2015, 14:02 PM

Yes, it's actually pretty easy to follow if you're not retarded, asshole.

Sentence 1:
"If 1000 games are played with axis and 500 are played with allies in the top 150 players, that means that axis played 500 games against players who are outside that skill bracket."

1000-500 = 500. pretty easy to understand. I kept it extremely simple and clarified in detail in another post.

Your numbers are simply wrong. There are still more games played by the top 150 as allies than as axis. You're disregarding the stats because they show that the faction you like is really broken.
8 Dec 2015, 14:36 PM

Axis fanboy logic

4V4 winrate - complete 50/50 split
1v1 winrate -allied winrate 70%, axis winrate 55-60%

NERF ALLIES NOAWWW!!!

4V4 Winrate - 80/20 in favor of axis
1v1 winrate, 70% axis winrate, 50% allied winrate

It's fine guys, L2P.

Meanwhile, brits have 30% winrate in 1v1s, 20% winrate in 2v2s, and 40% in 4v4s :snfPeter:
8 Dec 2015, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2015, 14:36 PMBurts
Meanwhile, brits have 30% winrate in 1v1s, 20% winrate in 2v2s, and 40% in 4v4s :snfPeter:

The faction introduced to the game to balance axis domination in 4v4 while being usable in 1v1 and 2v2 as well :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:
8 Dec 2015, 15:21 PM

Axis fanboy logic

NERF ALLIES NOAWWW!!!

It's fine guys, L2P.

before the patch it was completely the other way around. fanboys of either side don't want balance. question is, do YOU want balance? if so, why didnt you complain about allies being too strong last patch?
8 Dec 2015, 15:22 PM

before the patch it was completely the other way around. fanboys of either side don't want balance. question is, do YOU want balance? if so, why didnt you complain about allies being too strong last patch?

Because they werent... :facepalm:

It was OKW which was UP. Now it's OP.
8 Dec 2015, 16:29 PM

It was OKW which was UP. Now it's OP.

i guess that must be why usf had 70+% winrate, UKF close behind... both axis factions barely over 50% (around 55% iirc)... yep, totally balanced ^^
8 Dec 2015, 16:52 PM

First time I see a faction below 50% winrate in a (actually 2) mod in those charts. Not only OKW is OP but UKF completely UP this patch.
8 Dec 2015, 21:02 PM

The latest December 2015 edition of the Axis uniforms are so in right now, look how the changes have made axis cool again. :thumbsup:

I'm going to add to the problem by playing OKW exclusively for now... I advise everyone to do the same, if not for the simple fact you might come up with counters to their current state by understanding how they play now. Plus it will make it really hard to get a game which will annoy everyone.
8 Dec 2015, 23:53 PM

Just reposting some relevant stuff brad posted in the shoutbox

"were putting all infantry to 1 pop then adding the difference into the squad pop so the pop values will go to what they were prepatch"

"looking at the metrics most of the issues we are seeing are in the form of heavy vehicles in the late game not the early game."
8 Dec 2015, 23:54 PM

The magic metrics which we will never see, nor even be entrusted with even in a survey. This is a bit insulting :/
9 Dec 2015, 02:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2015, 14:02 PMGrumpy

Your numbers are simply wrong. There are still more games played by the top 150 as allies than as axis. You're disregarding the stats because they show that the faction you like is really broken.

I'm using made up numbers to explain the logic. The numbers of games varies wildly day to day due to the small sample size. December 6th OKW played 200 games and Brits only played 30 for example. 30 games isn't even enough to have a decent statistical representation of british players in the top 150.

I also fucking hate the new OKW design and have been quite vocal about that, so don't accuse me of bias. I play everything pretty equally. I said the exact same thing when allies Op was all the rage.

9 Dec 2015, 02:34 AM

People wanted OKW resource income removed and teching changed. But most people also wanted a Volks redesign, side upgrades for nades and AA etc, and changes to the army that promote quality over quantity and aggressive combined arms.

IMO most OKW units should have been reworked:

ISGs sole purpose now is countering emplacement and other light arty. But flame nades, Stuka, and fast attacks already do this. ISGs are low risk high reward unit that encourages defensive play.

IR Halftrack is cool but kind of also a joke unit.

Flak track is nice but super niche and overlaps with Luches, and also MG34. Munitions Halftrack or Vampyr Halftrack would have been better.

PzIV shouldn't be in same building as Panther and JP4. It should be anti-infantry tank now.

Obers lmg should be pricier, gas grenade is just stupid. Sprint or zeal or Faust would be better. Vet 4 suppression= ability.

It goes on. This "redesign" is a joke.
9 Dec 2015, 02:55 AM

Just reposting some relevant stuff brad posted in the shoutbox

"were putting all infantry to 1 pop then adding the difference into the squad pop so the pop values will go to what they were prepatch"

"looking at the metrics most of the issues we are seeing are in the form of heavy vehicles in the late game not the early game."

Interesting... although you have to wonder what conclusion he draws from late game heavies. You would assume it would be pricing related as unit performance wasn't an issue prepatch.

Hope this means pop-up will be notified soon
9 Dec 2015, 03:28 AM

People wanted OKW resource income removed and teching changed. But most people also wanted a Volks redesign, side upgrades for nades and AA etc, and changes to the army that promote quality over quantity and aggressive combined arms.

ISGs sole purpose now is countering emplacement and other light arty. But flame nades, Stuka, and fast attacks already do this. ISGs are low risk high reward unit that encourages defensive play.

Flak track is nice but super niche and overlaps with Luches, and also MG34. Munitions Halftrack or Vampyr Halftrack would have been better.

PzIV shouldn't be in same building as Panther and JP4. It should be anti-infantry tank now.

Obers lmg should be pricier, gas grenade is just stupid. Sprint or zeal or Faust would be better. Vet 4 suppression= ability.

I also think that they half-assed this a bit. OKW's ''overhaul'' basically meant ''let's remove the ressource penalty and buff Volks in exchange for some altogether minor veterancy nerfs''. The faction did need to be looked at, but now the feel of an elite army is completely gone since they can spam infantry and tanks as much as anyone else, tanks that often outperform everyone else's because they were balanced with the ressource penalty in mind. How they did not foresee the KT's effective price going from 390 fuel to 260 (and no build time!) being a potential problem I have no idea, among other things.

So OKW now is just a juggernaut of a faction with really powerful units and few weaknesses comparative to their vast strengths. They're far from invincible or anything, but I do feel Relic dropped the ball on this one.
9 Dec 2015, 03:47 AM

I'm using made up numbers to explain the logic. The numbers of games varies wildly day to day due to the small sample size. December 6th OKW played 200 games and Brits only played 30 for example. 30 games isn't even enough to have a decent statistical representation of british players in the top 150.

I also fucking hate the new OKW design and have been quite vocal about that, so don't accuse me of bias. I play everything pretty equally. I said the exact same thing when allies Op was all the rage.

You didn't have to make up the numbers, they were there and don't support what you were trying to say.

It looks like you used the 4v4 numbers for December 6 so I'll use those. The numbers of games played were: OKW 216, OST 133, SOV 144, USF 94 and UKF 30. That's 349 axis to 268 allied.

If you assume that the game is balanced, then the top 150 should more or less split the 268 games. Assume then that the other 81 games were all won by the "better" axis players. That would have the axis wining 215 games of the 349 that they play, for a wining percentage of 62%. Instead, the percentage was around 89%.

I'm not trying to make this personal and don't know you or anything about you.
9 Dec 2015, 04:01 AM

Agree with all but the bold. Can't have LMG-wielding infantry suppressing, it's an insta-win in most infantry battles. Remember hit the dirt for Riflemen in Infantry Company?

Imagine the blob vs. blob scenario in 4v4 with two Obers supressing and Sturms / Volks / Falls swarming forward in an unstoppable surge of skill, slaughtering the suppressed Allied infantry and any armor that happens to be nearby.
9 Dec 2015, 06:13 AM

Axis fanboy logic

NERF ALLIES NOAWWW!!!

It's fine guys, L2P.

It's also like this:

4v4 winrate 80/20 Axis favored

"People just prefer Axis"

4v4 winrate 60/40 Allied favored

"YOU NOOBS JUST WANT EASY WINS AS ALLIES"
"NERF BRITS neRF BRITS!!!!"
9 Dec 2015, 06:42 AM
Patrion 28

Interesting... although you have to wonder what conclusion he draws from late game heavies. You would assume it would be pricing related as unit performance wasn't an issue prepatch.

Hope this means pop-up will be notified soon

and timing. the VI B in particular is quite early since OKW's costs generally weren't adjusted.
9 Dec 2015, 08:00 AM

This is rubbish. Statistics said otherwise.:romeoMug:
9 Dec 2015, 12:28 PM

This is rubbish. Statistics said otherwise.:romeoMug:

Stats show that there were better than axis but not because they were OP.
It was a fault of OKW being UP.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 33
unknown 20
Mexico 18
Germany 819
New Zealand 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias