Login

russian armor

King Tiger

5 Dec 2015, 19:53 PM

Don't allow resources to be picked by anyone except the player & enemies.
By this change these kind of cheese strats won't work.
As Jadame said the only thing that would change is that you face multiple types of other units instead. I personally rather deal with one KT than with 3x P4s.
In addition I have a problem to put CP requirements on core units. Should you be punished if your strategy worked out well and you managed to hold both fuels? - I don't think so. With the armour nerf back then 420->375 a KT can be handled well with At Guns & Mines.
5 Dec 2015, 19:55 PM

By this change these kind of cheese strats won't work.

As Jadame said the only thing that would change is that you face multiple types of other units instead. I personally rather deal with one KT than with 3x P4s.
In addition I have a problem to put CP requirements on core units. Should you be punished if your strategy worked out well and you managed to hold both fuels? - I don't think so. With the armour nerf back then 420->375 a KT can be handled well with At Guns & Mines.

Did you see that my teammate was OKW player?
No supply drops in this game.

If you manage to hold both fuels, your award should be second P4, not KT.
Why won't we make IS2 non-doc as well? Or Pershing? Just make Lt, Cpt, Mjr and call Pershing.
Amount of whine would out of scale.
5 Dec 2015, 19:57 PM

a KT can be handled well with At Guns & Mines.

5 Dec 2015, 20:00 PM

Revert resources to 80% and call it a day.
5 Dec 2015, 20:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2015, 19:28 PMtenid

It would have been over much sooner if you didn't throw the luchs away too.

Before the patch the KT was a rarity. Players had to choose to spend the fuel to tech up for it, and to risk not having much or any armour out while waiting for the resources to get it on the field.

Now it's pretty much a certainty in every 2v2 game.

Didn't expected that mine there :foreveralone:

But yea, KT was supposed to be rarity, now 100% of games its possible to have JT(which is CHEAPER then ele because relic) and KT combo.
7 Dec 2015, 19:11 PM

Haven't had much of a chance to play the new patch. What is the OKW strategy that allows them a 11 minute KT and what weaknesses are associated with that strategy? Surely they have to give up some early initiative to call that thing in.
7 Dec 2015, 20:33 PM
Donator 33

I don't believe the 11 minute KT strat is actually possible if playing against players of equal or greater skill. The issue is more so that in games where allies aren't holding more than 50% map control, a KT is all but guaranteed around 18 minute mark from any/all OKW players.

Pretty simple really, if OKW players haven't fielded any armor before 15 minutes, get ready for a KT.
7 Dec 2015, 20:40 PM

Needs 12 CP requirement.
7 Dec 2015, 20:47 PM

Permanently Banned
Revert resources to 80% and call it a day.

I can agree with that.
7 Dec 2015, 20:52 PM

Thing is, by changing KT to a Call-in with a Limit of 1 Relic is more or less implicitly saying that KT is a Heavy Tank like IS2 or Tiger and is thus subject to the same pacing goals and limitations.

If the current patch is blatently breaking this pacing then something needs to be done to fix it and IMO a 12-13 CP limit would be the most straightforward and least potentially balance breaking. It's either that or having Relic fiddle with SWS/Truck Teching costs and I"m not sure most people really trust them to do that as this point.
7 Dec 2015, 21:02 PM

7 Dec 2015, 21:39 PM

Are you implying that Relic did half a job, or that Relic are incapable to complete a job? (subtle difference)

Well according to Stormless, this isn't even the OKW rework that was talked about. Supposedly the real stuff is coming after Christmas.
7 Dec 2015, 21:48 PM

I don't believe the 11 minute KT strat is actually possible if playing against players of equal or greater skill. The issue is more so that in games where allies aren't holding more than 50% map control, a KT is all but guaranteed around 18 minute mark from any/all OKW players.

Pretty simple really, if OKW players haven't fielded any armor before 15 minutes, get ready for a KT.

The issue here is that even if you could get enough AT to deal with a KT by 15 min you have given up all initiative. He now has a choice, since you are heavily invested in AT, and he should know that, he can still go KT or he can forgo it and go for more infantry.

The KT arrived later because it allowed both sides to beat on each other for a while, and the advantage it offered was mitigated by arriving later when units were fewer, AT units more numerous, and units had more vet. Now it arrives, even when facing large numbers of AT units, when they have relatively lower amounts of vet, and numerous infantry are scampering around to pick off anything that tries to touch the KT.

I also like the idea of delaying its appearance even if you have trucks unlocked. Possibly a CP limit, or something else. KT's should never be the first tank you see fielded.
8 Dec 2015, 09:04 AM

Prove it.

45min game.
Let's assume average 28F income for 40min.

1120F to spent.

Teching - 240.
2 KTs - 520.
ST - 160.
Stuka - 100.
Puma - 80.
Luchs - 65

Total - 1165F.

What does it mean? It means it's possible.
8 Dec 2015, 09:19 AM

Well according to Stormless, this isn't even the OKW rework that was talked about. Supposedly the real stuff is coming after Christmas.

Is this for real? Who the hell fucks everything up "before" Christmas to fix them after? Dear god.
8 Dec 2015, 09:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2015, 09:19 AMRMMLz

Is this for real? Who the hell fucks everything up "before" Christmas to fix them after? Dear god.

Its not the first time you know...
8 Dec 2015, 09:46 AM

Its not the first time you know...

Unfortunately no... but it's the first time with this scale.
8 Dec 2015, 09:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2015, 09:46 AMRMMLz

Unfortunately no... but it's the first time with this scale.

Not really.
First year, industry and 2500hp 320dmg TA.
8 Dec 2015, 10:18 AM

Not really.
First year, industry and 2500hp 320dmg TA.

Now that you mentioned that...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 40
Germany 708
Netherlands 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %