Does AEC need a buff?
Option Distribution Votes
39%
44%
18%
Total votes: 85
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
4 Dec 2015, 06:33 AM

The AEC's horrible performance and high cost were somewhat mitigated by a cheap 6pounder and the AT sniper, however the patch is nerfing them. I think it's time to address the AEC and bring it in line with the Puma:
-Reduce the unit's cost by 100 MP and 15 FU (compensating for the tech upgrade)
-Increase range to 50
-Fix the vet ability so that it can reliably fire when the AEC is still at least.
4 Dec 2015, 06:37 AM

The AEC is basically a inferior Puma clone with less range. The only buff the AEC really need is those 10 meter of range.
4 Dec 2015, 07:14 AM

Permanently Banned
I don't think giving it a range buff is a good idea. Giving it 50 range is so huge considering it can hurt infantry.
4 Dec 2015, 07:20 AM

I don't think giving it a range buff is a good idea. Giving it 50 range is so huge considering it can hurt infantry.

I laugh at the notion that AEC is anti-infantry. Even a jackson get lucky sometime and hit infantry, but that by no matter make them anti-infantry.
4 Dec 2015, 07:23 AM

Why make it a Puma clone? Why can't it be something unique?

The Brit support weapons are already copypastas of Ostheer.
4 Dec 2015, 07:23 AM

Permanently Banned

I laugh at the notion that AEC is anti-infantry. Even a jackson get lucky sometime and hit infantry, but that by no matter make them anti-infantry.
I wouldn't be opposed to it if they just cloned the pumas gun. That way it can't hurt infantry aside from lucky snipes.

But to be honest aside from cost whats so bad about it? It comes around same time as a luchs, and beats a luchs while also costing the same? 50+15 = 65
4 Dec 2015, 07:35 AM
Patrion 28

AEC is actually quite solid against infantry; little bit above the level of the 222.
4 Dec 2015, 07:46 AM

unique how? people always say that unit need to be unique, yet can't make them unique beside uniquely bad.

AEC is actually quite solid against infantry; little bit above the level of the 222.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LOYMDi_XR7rILsk6HbAZqGihsk22t-45C_6NbQEP-m0/edit#gid=1675306803&vpid=A1

the coaxial on the 222 is more than twice as good as the coaxial on the AEC. With the AEC you're really dependent on rng to get a model snipe
4 Dec 2015, 07:57 AM

The Brit support weapons are already copypastas of Ostheer.

It is a puma clone right now, except it is significantly more expensive and has 10 less range.

I specifically tested the AEC against infantry when brits came out... Turns out it kills infantry even slower than the puma due to a less powerful coaxial MG.
4 Dec 2015, 08:01 AM

I wouldn't be opposed to it if they just cloned the pumas gun. That way it can't hurt infantry aside from lucky snipes.

But to be honest aside from cost whats so bad about it? It comes around same time as a luchs, and beats a luchs while also costing the same? 50+15 = 65

Because AEC can only counter Luch and not even doing a good job at that, it is too expensive for its performance, at the same cost Puma and SU-76 do everything better, heck 65 fuel is nearly the same cost as prepatch Wolverine.
4 Dec 2015, 08:16 AM

Did the AC get nerfed?!
It was in a fucking right place, squishy but ok strong..

4 Dec 2015, 09:24 AM

unique how? people always say that unit need to be unique, yet can't make them unique beside uniquely bad.
jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 07:57 AMMuxsus
It is a puma clone right now, except it is significantly more expensive and has 10 less range.

Well the AEC Mk III was designed to fire stronger HE rounds, so why not good accuracy and area of effect offset by low damage and low penetration?
4 Dec 2015, 09:30 AM

So can puma, yet it have 50 range.
4 Dec 2015, 09:40 AM

Well the AEC Mk III was designed to fire stronger HE rounds, so why not good accuracy and area of effect offset by low damage and low penetration?

Yeah maybe give it AP/HE switch so you got yourself a mini Sherman. Brit is now very vulnerable to 222/Luch rush.
4 Dec 2015, 09:42 AM
Patrion 28

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LOYMDi_XR7rILsk6HbAZqGihsk22t-45C_6NbQEP-m0/edit#gid=1675306803&vpid=A1

the coaxial on the 222 is more than twice as good as the coaxial on the AEC. With the AEC you're really dependent on rng to get a model snipe

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 07:57 AMMuxsus

I specifically tested the AEC against infantry when brits came out... Turns out it kills infantry even slower than the puma due to a less powerful coaxial MG.

i've had a couple of games in the past month or so where the AEC was sniping of models pretty hard with the main gun. just about every other shot got someone. could have been RNG i guess and/or the puma could do the same thing but i haven't seen a puma in ages.
4 Dec 2015, 09:43 AM
Patrion 14

What's the point of the bofors if the AEC is a mobile anti-infantry platform? 90% of the time I would then take the AEC instead of the bofors. Since then I'd have guarantees that it will be useful regardless of map situation.

It only needs a range buff for it to be an enticing choice, anything more would be too much.
4 Dec 2015, 09:49 AM
Patrion 28

What's the point of the bofors if the AEC is a mobile anti-infantry platform? 90% of the time I would then take the AEC instead of the bofors. Since then I'd have guarantees that it will be useful regardless of map situation.

It only needs a range buff for it to be an enticing choice, anything more would be too much.

the bofors has range, suppression, damage, and toughness over the AEC
4 Dec 2015, 11:15 AM

Problem is that this unit has no real purpose. The Axis don't field many light vehicles - maybe that'll change with the new OKW design - and the Brits have better things to spend fuel on. Plus the Brits have the 6lbr AT-gun for dealing with vehicles.
4 Dec 2015, 11:23 AM

which create the problem where wehr have to worry about facing what's essentially another stuart from the british player. There's also the matter of redundancy with the wasp carrier as well. The AEC should be handling vehicle while the wasp carrier handle infantry.

Remember the British lack infantry snare or accurate atw. The bofor/AEC is basically their mobile answer to vehicle rush.

Problem is that this unit has no real purpose. The Axis don't field many light vehicles - maybe that'll change with the new OKW design

the puma is a straight up better original of the aec. The 20mm on the luch is also suprisingly effective against the AEC's armor, plus the fact volks are sure to be packing schreck.
4 Dec 2015, 11:30 AM

the puma is a straight up better original of the aec. The 20mm on the luch is also suprisingly effective against the AEC's armor, plus the fact volks are sure to be packing schreck.
Nobody buys Pumas against Brits. Luchs is a new threat and we'll need to see how it performs now that it's available at the Mech Truck. Shrecks are their own problem.

Even if the AEC were equal or slightly better than the Puma, it's not going to change anything. The Brits just don't need a Puma clone.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS