Login

russian armor

The AEC needs a buff

PAGES (7)down
6 Dec 2015, 00:54 AM

you mean other than the 6pdr, the sniper, AT IS, mines...

Good luck getting more than 1 shot off with the 6 pounder vs the fast Luchs against anyone who's not asleep at their keyboard.

Sniper can't reliably counter light vehicles until it hits vet 1, which is not a guarantee. If it gets compromised, it is toast because you have no other snare.

AT IS are not only doctrinal, but mostly suck. And like the AEC, they are useless against anything but light vehicles.

Mines? Really? That's a coin flip. Mines are not a reliable counter to anything, especially against good players.

I'm not sure you even play brits if you think those are counters to a properly used Luchs.
6 Dec 2015, 01:00 AM

so basically what you're saying is, you want the AEC to win a straight up 1v1 against medium tanks. alright, i want the 222 to take on an M36 in a 1v1, so pls buff :-(

btw, despite clearly not being an anti infantry vehicle, i think you underestimate the AECs capabilties against infantry (it's not a whole lot worse than a 222, i did some testing of AEC/222 AI last patch). It also is very capable of finishing off any retreating tank that is sufficiently damaged.

The puma will win in a 1v1 fight against medium tank. that extra range and acceleration makes a big difference.

The sad fact is that the OKW have one of the best light tank hunter in the game but rarely use it because they just spam schreck. Meanwhile, the british have one of the worst light tank hunter in the game combined with the PIAT that can't hit light vehicle.

"it's not a whole lot worse than a 222" is pretty faint praise. We are talking about one of the cheapest vehicle in the game.
6 Dec 2015, 01:02 AM

Then why arent pgrens as strong as commandos? Mandos can be dropped everywhere with a free reinforce bunker... they can cloak, throw nades and smoke and on retreat pop smoke as well. All my pgrens get is a 120 ammo double schreck upgrade. :-(

In case it isnt obvious, i am mimicing your aec/puma rant.

Mandos got nerfed 1 patch ago man, and the glider cost 150mp and commando does not get shreck upgrade and their long range dps is shit so they're pretty much equal.
6 Dec 2015, 01:02 AM

Good luck getting more than 1 shot off with the 6 pounder vs the fast Luchs against anyone who's not asleep at their keyboard.

Sniper can't reliably counter light vehicles until it hits vet 1, which is not a guarantee. If it gets compromised, it is toast because you have no other snare.

AT IS are not only doctrinal, but mostly suck. And like the AEC, they are useless against anything but light vehicles.

Mines? Really? That's a coin flip. Mines are not a reliable counter to anything, especially against good players.

I'm not sure you even play brits if you think those are counters to a properly used Luchs.

i'm just regurgitating everything i was told how to counter a rushed pre-nerf centaur :-) it is very funny to see people react once the shoe's on the other foot...

also: explain to me how it is a bad thing that you have to build an AEC to counter a luchs, or how having a 2nd AT gun is impossible. or why you never fought perceived imbalance when it was the brits that were ridiculously overpowered.
6 Dec 2015, 01:08 AM

Mandos got nerfed 1 patch ago man, and the glider cost 150mp and commando does not get shreck upgrade and their long range dps is shit so they're pretty much equal.

are you SERIOUSLY trying to justify a cloaked squad that can be deployed anywhere, that even can throw nades and smoke (vet1) as completely comparable to pgrens just because they can get schrecks? ahhh, this forum is better than any comedy :-D
6 Dec 2015, 01:38 AM

are you SERIOUSLY trying to justify a cloaked squad that can be deployed anywhere, that even can throw nades and smoke (vet1) as completely comparable to pgrens just because they can get schrecks? ahhh, this forum is better than any comedy :-D

That everywhere deployment cost a tons of mp and mandos can't do jack besides ambushing so yeah they are comparable, oh and vetted PzG beats vetted mando without breaking a sweat.
6 Dec 2015, 01:47 AM

That everywhere deployment cost a tons of mp and mandos can't do jack besides ambushing so yeah they are comparable, oh and vetted PzG beats vetted mando without breaking a sweat.

:rofl:
6 Dec 2015, 02:20 AM

i'm just regurgitating everything i was told how to counter a rushed pre-nerf centaur :-) it is very funny to see people react once the shoe's on the other foot...

also: explain to me how it is a bad thing that you have to build an AEC to counter a luchs, or how having a 2nd AT gun is impossible. or why you never fought perceived imbalance when it was the brits that were ridiculously overpowered.

Nice set of baseless assumptions here. Check my playercard, I play Ostheer as much as I play Soviet.

I actually fought the Centaur, Chruchill and Tommies when they were OP. I also thought the sniper should lose its AT shot, IF it was replaced by another viable snare. Now the Centaur is useless, the Churchill (especially Croc) is nothing but an overly expensive meatshield, and the Tommies are almost worse than Volks despite costing more and needing fuel/muni investment to compete. The Brits used to be OP, now they have been nerfed to the ground and must hang on for dear life against the overbuffed OKW. Even Ostheer is now better than them in many ways.

You know what else is funny? The Centaur was nerfed precisely because it came too early and was hard to counter. I'll follow your logic, and say Luchs deserves a nerf then.

If all you're interested in is dubious comparisons, I'm not sure any further discussion is of any interest here. The AEC is the only unit from Brits that can counter the Luchs in a timely fashion, and it is either too expensive or not good enough for this role. Play Brits and you might find that out yourself.
6 Dec 2015, 02:35 AM

Nice set of baseless assumptions here. Check my playercard, I play Ostheer as much as I play Soviet.

I actually fought the Centaur, Chruchill and Tommies when they were OP. I also thought the sniper should lose its AT shot, IF it was replaced by another viable snare. Now the Centaur is useless, the Churchill (especially Croc) is nothing but an overly expensive meatshield, and the Tommies are almost worse than Volks despite costing more and needing fuel/muni investment to compete. The Brits used to be OP, now they have been nerfed to the ground and must hang on for dear life against the overbuffed OKW. Even Ostheer is now better than them in many ways.

You know what else is funny? The Centaur was nerfed precisely because it came too early and was hard to counter. I'll follow your logic, and say Luchs deserves a nerf then.

If all you're interested in is dubious comparisons, I'm not sure any further discussion is of any interest here. The AEC is the only unit from Brits that can counter the Luchs in a timely fashion, and it is either too expensive or not good enough for this role. Play Brits and you might find that out yourself.

i still don't see how the AEC is the only unit capable of countering the luchs and how that means the AEC needs a buff if it actually does its job. also the centaur is far from worthless, just like the churchills. just because the brits are not blatantly OP anymore, like they were for MONTHS, doesn't mean they should get buffed in case OKW is too strong, potentially messing up the Ost/Brit matchup.

and please, in case you REALLY want to be a voice of reason, read all those hilarious threads and posts that this board gets plastered with right now and try getting those guys to be reasonable as well. once you start doing that i might believe you when you say that you actually want a balanced game.
6 Dec 2015, 06:37 AM

i still don't see how the AEC is the only unit capable of countering the luchs and how that means the AEC needs a buff if it actually does its job. also the centaur is far from worthless, just like the churchills. just because the brits are not blatantly OP anymore, like they were for MONTHS, doesn't mean they should get buffed in case OKW is too strong, potentially messing up the Ost/Brit matchup.

Well the problem is, brits get 440 MP/65 FU vehicle that can counter a light tank, and okw gets 340 MP/70 FU vehicle that can 1v1 anything short of a heavy tank.

No-no-no, you're not getting it right. Being on the receiving end of this looks like Ost having a Zis3 clone for 400 manpower instead of the Pak. I wonder how some people would react to this.

You seem to be percieving everything as "buff to allies" or "buff to axis". We are not talking about this here, the topic is the AEC which is obviously underperforming. It doesn't have anything to do with allies/axis balance, I can name a few underperforming units on axis side too (251 flamer HT, brummbar are examples), but it does not concern this thread.
6 Dec 2015, 10:01 AM

PAK40 feels the pain against all allied light vehicles.

MOST undervalued weapon of the game. "Free riflenade" kill grens ín green cover. Lobs shells over shotblocker on top of tanks and bunkers. I could swear that it nearly always "rearhit" when it connects.

Best players use them always when available so they must be really bad.
6 Dec 2015, 11:08 AM

Doesn't the AEC cost 50 fuel? Why players always add the tech cost to the unit cost? The 15 fuel is the tech cost to unlock the AEC but not the unit cost.Because the second AEC costs 50 fuel but not 65 fuel.
6 Dec 2015, 11:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2015, 11:08 AMatouba
Doesn't the AEC cost 50 fuel? Why players always add the tech cost to the unit cost? The 15 fuel is the tech cost to unlock the AEC but not the unit cost.Because the second AEC costs 50 fuel but not 65 fuel.

Because you never get more then one and it unlocks just AEC and is a side tech, therefore its logical to add tech costs and it costs 60 or more, not sure.
6 Dec 2015, 11:59 AM

Because you never get more then one and it unlocks just AEC and is a side tech, therefore its logical to add tech costs and it costs 60 or more, not sure.

Not really. The tech cost is for timing. Maybe relic think the AEC needs the T2+side upgrade to make this unit not come out too early because that will cause 222/251 has little time space.

So the tech cost should not be add to the unit cost. Another example, will you add the 200/50 to the comet cost? The comet will be 700/235 then. It's even more expensive than a tiger/IS2. But no, the 200/50 is just tech cost to make the comet not come out too early.
6 Dec 2015, 12:07 PM

You are however likely to build more than one comet.

Part of the problem with the AEC is that it's a reactive play. As it stands it exists to kill light vehicles - and is pretty pointless outside of that. If you build it in anticipation of light vehicles, and the opponent doesn't build any you've just delayed your own tech significantly for very little gain. If you build it in response to light vehicles - by the time the research is done and the unit built you'll likely have suffered severe damage from the enemy because you have nothing to stop or slow their light vehicles.

I've never found it to be much use once medium armour hits the field (other than a body to stick command vehicle on). Its snare is also quite poor - 2 shots, 8s snare if one hits, 22-25 seconds if both hit and it can (and will) miss.
6 Dec 2015, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2015, 06:37 AMMuxsus

Well the problem is, brits get 440 MP/65 FU vehicle that can counter a light tank, and okw gets 340 MP/70 FU vehicle that can 1v1 anything short of a heavy tank.

And ostheer gets a ~800Mp 250fuel medium tank that is worse than the cromwell in quite a few ways by the same logic.

The AEC does its job. Not a whole lot more than that, but if you use it right, its still useful. A whole slew of units fit that same category as a niche unit. The REAL problem is that brits pretty much never had to react to anything, and now people are butthurt because they cant just do whatever and win.

No-no-no, you're not getting it right. Being on the receiving end of this looks like Ost having a Zis3 clone for 400 manpower instead of the Pak. I wonder how some people would react to this.

You seem to be percieving everything as "buff to allies" or "buff to axis". We are not talking about this here, the topic is the AEC which is obviously underperforming. It doesn't have anything to do with allies/axis balance, I can name a few underperforming units on axis side too (251 flamer HT, brummbar are examples), but it does not concern this thread.

So why would a zis clone be bad? Worse pen? You how it can barrage and is pretty decent vs infantry? I think if you actually did this there'd be more allied fanbois complaining in here :-)

Also, you admitted that the AEC does its job in countering light vehicles... so how is it underperforming? I still havent seen a single argument other than "its not a puma" and "not good enough versus infantry" both of which are not its job.
If you feel the Aec is worthless, get 6pdrs instead and play around them until you get a cromwell or sth. similar (which doesnt come too much later).
6 Dec 2015, 15:17 PM
Patrion 14

AEC is just pretty useless vs OKW because the amount of schrecks they can have in a very small amount of time...
6 Dec 2015, 15:20 PM

The puma will win in a 1v1 fight against medium tank. that extra range and acceleration makes a big difference.

The sad fact is that the OKW have one of the best light tank hunter in the game but rarely use it because they just spam schreck. Meanwhile, the british have one of the worst light tank hunter in the game combined with the PIAT that can't hit light vehicle.

"it's not a whole lot worse than a 222" is pretty faint praise. We are talking about one of the cheapest vehicle in the game.

what a load of bull. both units are basically flankers when it comes to medium tanks, their is no fucking way a puma can win against a t-34 even when kiting.
6 Dec 2015, 15:20 PM

AEC is just pretty useless vs OKW because the amount of schrecks they can have in a very small amount of time...

dont walk into fucking shreks then
6 Dec 2015, 15:24 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2015, 15:20 PMZyllen

dont walk into fucking shreks then

*schrecks

Kinda hard to do against a unit that can easily be spammed with their super low popcap :guyokay:
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 89
South Africa 0
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %