Login

russian armor

OKW Revamp Review

20 Nov 2015, 00:43 AM
Patrion 28

unless they buffed the kubel's damage maxims still counter it. the armour buff might make a difference but right now maxims thrash kubels hard and i doubt a small armour increase is going to change that.
20 Nov 2015, 02:23 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 20:59 PMZyllen

a single script squad will kill the kubel quite easily.

Yeah, if you micro like an autist
20 Nov 2015, 03:24 AM

Kubel-spam is akin to suicide for the OKW player.
20 Nov 2015, 06:09 AM

I think OKW plays how it was intended now.
20 Nov 2015, 06:24 AM

The Volksgrenadier K98K shouldn't get buffed this patch. Maybe next time around if it's still needed.
20 Nov 2015, 06:33 AM

I agree ^

20 Nov 2015, 06:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 15:37 PMShanka

Scout car and AC can be taken off by shrecks, luchs is an other beast, you need a shitload of at nades to kill it

The fact you are forced to go for an at solution to live is a joke

Oh and :snfPeter:

You're supposed to get AT.....
20 Nov 2015, 08:06 AM

"The fact you are forced to go for an at solution to live is a joke"
--- EXACTLY! This is what axis have to deal with.

OKW are forced to go for raketens to handle the allied light vehicles. That's Manpower tied up in AT when you REALLY need AI to handle the rifles and cons. Is that not also a joke?

It's also brainpower tied up in macro and micro trying to catch the damn vehicle that'll be sent round the map where your raketen isn't. The focus and resources required to destroy these vehicles is considerably less than the focus and resources required to use them. I think that's disbalance.

Until now Allies haven't had to deal with such an early squad-wipe vehicle. I'd prefer it if neither side had to, I think it's no fun to end the infantry stage so quickly. So now allied players will have to deal with the same frustrating issues.

Play brits you'll understand the pain of the 222, now that brits got "no" snare it double the fun :snfPeter:

While allies get light vehicules sooner than axis, Axis got medium faster, isn't it fun to see a JPIV before your first medium hit the fied ? :snfPeter:
20 Nov 2015, 08:15 AM

You're supposed to get AT.....

I was talking about AT guns

Yea you have to choose from AT nades and AT guns or both

While your cons are getting rekt by new volks, you get MP bleed, Kubel capping points behind lines GL to get solid AT response to the luchs without dying in the process

By forced to get AT i mean make the luchs fear the cons and poushing him back to repair, but with new volks tearing cons, you'll suffer too much

USF got more chance to survive, but you are forced to go captain which is balsphemy due to the fact you need 50.HMG

Brits get snowballed to death not even funny
20 Nov 2015, 08:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 08:15 AMShanka

I was talking about AT guns

Yea you have to choose from AT nades and AT guns or both

While your cons are getting rekt by new volks, you get MP bleed, Kubel capping points behind lines GL to get solid AT response to the luchs without dying in the process

By forced to get AT i mean make the luchs fear the cons and poushing him back to repair, but with new volks tearing cons, you'll suffer too much

USF got more chance to survive, but you are forced to go captain which is balsphemy due to the fact you need 50.HMG

Brits get snowballed to death not even funny

Volks are not frigging obers. if you played the patch you would know that and the allied starting infantry still have the advantage.
20 Nov 2015, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 08:30 AMZyllen

Volks are not frigging obers. if you played the patch you would know that and the allied starting infantry still have the advantage.

I played the patch and they are more than capable to put you on the backfoot now even vs rifles.

Now if you only rely on them to win the game, yes you're going to lose. But if you use all the tools at your disposal, you simply overwhelm the USF which can't respond to any kind of threat this soon in the game.
20 Nov 2015, 08:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 08:30 AMZyllen

I played it, you just need to not be blind to see the problem :snfPeter:
20 Nov 2015, 08:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 08:37 AMEsxile

I played the patch and they are more than capable to put you on the backfoot now even vs rifles.

Now if you only rely on them to win the game, yes you're going to lose. But if you use all the tools at your disposal, you simply overwhelm the USF which can't respond to any kind of threat this soon in the game.

The only thing that was changed is that the luchs will arrive faster but its stil counterd by a quick stuart.
20 Nov 2015, 10:08 AM

I think OKW plays how it was intended now.

You mean walking over more expensive infantry units in early game, cheapest teching while reaping the benefits of perks that have no right NOT to be side upgrades now(medics, repair crew, AA gun) and most powerful and now spammable late game armor?

If so, then you're right.
20 Nov 2015, 11:09 AM

I understand that relic is trying to buff Volksgrenadier's AI capabilities, so that they will not be complete pushovers in the early game. However, I feel that this unit now packs quite a lot of utility:

- Best handheld AT in the game, by far
- Garrison cleaning grenade
- Normal grenade

How about this as a suggestion:

Volksgrenadiers arrive in the battlefield as a 4-man squad, but have two mutually-exclusive upgrades available
- One of the upgrades costs X munitions and gives them access to the shreck (no access to grenades)
- The other upgrade is completely free and gives them a 5-man squad with both grenades available (the new model is reinforced for free)
(The player still pays the full price/reinforcement cost for a 5-man squad)

What this achieves:
- If Volks want AT utility, they become a lot less durable, with less AI capability (+ more likely to drop shrecks). They are also not that expendable, since their manpower cost will reflect a 5-member profile
- If Volks want AI utility, they get it in spades (grenades, larger squad size), but they forgo any sort AT utility

In the bigger picture:
- OKW players get to make a few more choices: squishy AT, or decent AI?)
- This limits the availability of garrison-clearing resources (now you know which units to focus fire on)

(the cost of the Shreck could also decrease accordingly, if desired)
20 Nov 2015, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 10:08 AMKatitof

You mean walking over more expensive infantry units in early game, cheapest teching while reaping the benefits of perks that have no right NOT to be side upgrades now(medics, repair crew, AA gun) and most powerful and now spammable late game armor?

hahaha it is so obvious it just hurts lol
20 Nov 2015, 12:49 PM

I used to like playing the current OKW, only feeling at a loss for having such crappy troops as volks. I think that, without the shrek upgrade, volks could have the old vet5 with increased rec acc modifiers, representing sturdy troops, battleproven. Give pfausts, I don't care.

I didn't play OKW with the proposed changes, but just reading them made me a little sad. Having the fuel and muni income decreased was something good for careful planning and execution. I used conversion a lot, and to good effect.

Now it's some troops with some disadvantage that I can't really put the finger on. Honestly, it kinda sucks. No surprise, I'm playing Skyrim and Jagged Alliance more nowadays.
20 Nov 2015, 13:22 PM

Yes, but Raketwerfer does not force the player into a certain tech tree. Soviet however, have to forgo Maxims just to counter Kubel spam in the next patch.

They moved Maxim to T1 next patch? Maxim and ATG are in the same structure?

T1 has the other counter for Kubels - the Scout car.

I'll bet you 20$ there is no problem with Kubel spam next patch. I could be wrong but I'm 20$ sure I'm not.

Do you not want to comment on my points about Axis having to tie up MP in AT early game?
20 Nov 2015, 14:04 PM

They moved Maxim to T1 next patch? Maxim and ATG are in the same structure?

T1 has the other counter for Kubels - the Scout car.

I'll bet you 20$ there is no problem with Kubel spam next patch. I could be wrong but I'm 20$ sure I'm not.

Do you not want to comment on my points about Axis having to tie up MP in AT early game?

Why on Earth would someone chose to kubel spam? Is that a real concern or a joke?!?
20 Nov 2015, 14:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 10:08 AMKatitof

Scary early game segways into tech
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight