Login

russian armor

Soviet barbed wire fields

Should Relic reconsider barbed wire fields?
Option Distribution Votes
53%
47%
Total votes: 34
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
1 Nov 2015, 20:28 PM

I've found myself missing the barbed wire fields from the alpha. In case you may not remember, they were just grids of barbed wire like below that slowed infantry down rather than blocking their passage entirely. I know Relic said they were removed due to technical issues, but hey, I'm going to bring it up again anyway because they were awesome. Does anyone else think it would be cool if they tried again?

1 Nov 2015, 20:45 PM
Donator 33

No thanks, since people complained that it was OP since you could build a huge field of them in a nanosecond and back then vehicles could not crush barbed wire, so pripyat back then consisted of massive stacks of wire everywhere. that was hard to remove

(This wire could potentially block OKW trucks from setting up, adding another abuse mechanic to the game)
1 Nov 2015, 20:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2015, 20:45 PMATCF
No thanks, since people complained that it was OP since you could build a huge field of them in a nanosecond and back then vehicles could not crush barbed wire, so pripyat back then consisted of massive stacks of wire everywhere. that was hard to remove
To be fair, that could be easily fixed by just letting all vehicles crush barbed wire fields and/or tweaking the build time.

I'll admit I wasn't a huge fan of it either though.
1 Nov 2015, 22:05 PM
Donator 11

add it back in as a seperate wire type. The issue was that Wher had the normal wire while Ruskis had wire fields making it hard to make any real blockers.
1 Nov 2015, 22:29 PM

This has come up multiple times. The issue is that retreating units passing through fields of wire slow down and it can easily be spammed in retreat paths. The idea was interesting but I am glad it never came to be.
1 Nov 2015, 23:54 PM

These were my favourite thing. I'd always put them on strat points to make my opponent just a little more vulnerable while capping.

imo the way to balance them is limit you to 3 max like pathfinder beacons. Maybe increase the build time a little bit too and let them be crushed by vehicles.

2 Nov 2015, 00:50 AM

was so funny and different, but yes was so op...
2 Nov 2015, 01:05 AM
Donator 33

It was the unique Soviet trick, like the Smine for Wher. I like the limit to three as they were everywhere. But with Muni convert now Smines are everywhere arnt they lol.
Hat
2 Nov 2015, 04:03 AM

imo the way to balance them is limit you to 3 max like pathfinder beacons. Maybe increase the build time a little bit too and let them be crushed by vehicles.

Just have it so that vehicles crush them.
2 Nov 2015, 04:17 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

This is what defensive community commanders need.
2 Nov 2015, 04:20 AM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
Peru 15
United Kingdom 44
unknown 9
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias