Login

russian armor

Brit Sniper shouldn't be able to Crit 222's engine

26 Oct 2015, 12:22 PM

Till the brit sniper can solo blobs of infantry whilst recamouflaging before players can counter snipe, calling the brit sniper OP seems a bit ridiculous. I would suggest supporting your 222 with infantry or a sniper. The solution isn't making the anti vehicle sniper rifle do nothing against vehicles, that's just silly.
26 Oct 2015, 12:29 PM

"Since Maskman ability is the only Brit counter to 222, I want to take it away so I can dominate Brit early with 222."
26 Oct 2015, 12:42 PM

Who know the stats of brits sniper? Is that a clone of OH sniper except it can AT? What about the reload time and cooldown ?
26 Oct 2015, 12:51 PM

A sniper shouldn't have a snare, that it can damage light vehicles ok but a snare is just wrong imo. A light vehicle should be a hardcounter to a sniper! If you buy a sniper you should be prepaired to counter a light vehicle with mines and stuff not with the sniper it self.

That the other infantry units dont have a snare is not a reason to give it to a sniper.
Remove the snare from the sniper and find another solution (if needed) for the brits not having a snare.
26 Oct 2015, 13:11 PM

I don't know what you people are thinking. If his crit shot is removed, the scout car can just drive through the whole royal guard and kill the sniper on retreat. That's not possible with Ost and Sov because of AT snares. You don't just attack move the scout car and expect it to couner the sniper, flanking is the way to do it. And a critted engine won't stop the sniper from dying on retreat if you just stand still, same as Sov sniper.
26 Oct 2015, 13:22 PM
Patrion 14

The main problem is that light vehicles are not a counter to the UKF sniper. So you have to counter snipe him.

The problem with this logic is that OKW has no sniper.

That means you gotta rely on falls/JLI or walking stuka/lucky leig shots to kill him. Otherwise, a properly micro'd and screened sniper is nigh impossible to kill with OKW. Short of puma aimed shot sniping him back that is.

The snare needs to turn into a stun or a temporary damaged engine. UKF already has an AT gun right off the bat with bonus accuracy to counter light vehicle play. The sniper long range snare + AT gun combo is just overkill against light vehicles(add to that engy mines).
26 Oct 2015, 13:26 PM

The main problem is that light vehicles are not a counter to the UKF sniper. So you have to counter snipe him.

The problem with this logic is that OKW has no sniper.

That means you gotta rely on falls/JLI or walking stuka/lucky leig shots to kill him. Otherwise, a properly micro'd and screened sniper is nigh impossible to kill with OKW. Short of puma aimed shot sniping him back that is.

The snare needs to turn into a stun or a temporary damaged engine. UKF already has an AT gun right off the bat with bonus accuracy to counter light vehicle play. The sniper long range snare + AT gun combo is just overkill against light vehicles(add to that engy mines).

Yes OKW has a counter to the british sniper. Just because you don't know what the counter is doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

It's called the puma. The vet 1 puma aimed shot ability one shots the british sniper 100% of the time. Oh, and before you cry that the puma can never get the shot off a british sniper , the puma outranges the british sniper and also has better SIGHT range than it.

Puma hardcounters brit sniper.
26 Oct 2015, 13:33 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 13:26 PMBurts

Yes OKW has a counter to the british sniper. Just because you don't know what the counter is doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Short of puma aimed shot sniping him back that is.

Depends on puma positioning; it's not like you can just run up your puma and find the sniper not in cover and poof he's dead or something.

Plus, rushing mechanized to get a puma to vet 1 to counter a sniper is not an efficient strategy. Add to that, the UKF sniper doesn't need vet to snare the puma; while the puma is trying to get vet 1 for the counter snipe. That means smart players already know what you are trying to do with the puma and will keep it behind forward spotters.

Besides, that's 70 fuel and 320 manpower that could be used to prepare for centaur rush that I wasted on a unit costing 360 manpower.

26 Oct 2015, 13:39 PM

Depends on puma positioning; it's not like you can just run up your puma and find the sniper not in cover and poof he's dead or something.

Plus, rushing mechanized to get a puma to vet 1 to counter a sniper is not an efficient strategy. Add to that, the UKF sniper doesn't need vet to snare the puma; while the puma is trying to get vet 1 for the counter snipe. That means smart players already know what you are trying to do with the puma and will keep it behind forward spotters.

Besides, that's 70 fuel and 320 manpower that could be used to prepare for centaur rush that I wasted on a unit costing 360 manpower.

No you dont. The puma OUTRANGES and outsights the british sniper. It is a hardcounter. You don't need to rush the british sniper.

First you complain that light vehicles aren't a counter to british sniper . Then i show that infact they are a counter. Then you complain that they are too expensive.

It seems that you are complaining just because you don't want to build the intended counter to a unit.

If you don't want to counter units with the units that counter said units, then go use JLI whatever.

26 Oct 2015, 13:42 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 13:39 PMBurts

No you dont.

No I don't what?

I literally just said the puma aimed shot can counter a sniper. Great, how many times has that worked out for you in practice though?
26 Oct 2015, 13:44 PM

No I don't what?

I literally just said the puma aimed shot can counter a sniper. Great, how many times has that worked out for you in practice though?

You just said that rushing a puma for OKW to counter brit sniper is not an efficent strategy. So now it is an efficent strategy? I don't see why this strategy wouldn't work and the british sniper is the least of OKWs problems vs the british faction.

And regarding the 222. I seriously don't understand what people expect from a 15 fuel and 210mp unit. Ever tried to get 2 222s to counter a sniper?

Like seriously, the brits and USF or the soviets dont have good counters to the ost sniper either. The M3 and M20 are very fragile and valnuarable to fausts. UC even more so. But nobody complains about ost sniper because theres a thing called flanking. OKW players even get to spawn troops behind buildings to make flanking a sniper easier.

Anyways, somebody suggested removing the snare from the sniper and adding snaers to the IS.

Yes, do that. That would increase the power of the brit sniper by a huge amount againts infantry because snares would now be everywhere and overall sniper would be alot harder to counter.

Somebody even suggested mirroring the ost sniper to the brit sniper, i don't think they knew that that would mean massive buffs to the brit sniper because the ost sniper outperforms the british one in practically every way except snare and againts vehicles.
26 Oct 2015, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 12:42 PMatouba
Who know the stats of brits sniper? Is that a clone of OH sniper except it can AT? What about the reload time and cooldown ?

Pretty much every single stat related to RoF is lower.
Aim times are also incomparably longer for brit sniper.
26 Oct 2015, 13:54 PM

Put a scoped lee on the brit sniper and put AT grenades on brits engineers and we're good, brits don't have faust/ATnades they need a soft counter to light armor
26 Oct 2015, 14:08 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 13:44 PMBurts

You just said that rushing a puma for OKW to counter brit sniper is not an efficent strategy. So now it is an efficent strategy? I don't see why this strategy wouldn't work and the british sniper is the least of OKWs problems vs the british faction.

If we are talking about 2v2 and up games. There is no need for an OKW to counter the UKF sniper if they have an ostheer player. They have to use the synergy of the factions in those games with the ost player countersniping the sniper and the OKW player countering whatever else is on the field.

1v1's are different in that most of the time, you're just better off finding the UKF sniper out of position and killing him with your sturmpios. Or popping a JLI squad near a building he's besides and getting him that way.

I never said that getting a puma is an efficient strategy to counter a sniper. If you can find where I said that, please do; as I will correct myself. The reason I do not tell people to go get a puma to counter the UKF sniper is because I do not get a chance to counter the UKF sniper with it. And even when I do it is because the puma will later on be an inefficient counter against the centaur.

In the same vein, if I told you building an army of sturmpios to counter conscripts is not an efficient strategy I am not saying that sturmpios are terrible against conscripts. Most of the time they should come out on top and the OKW will bleed like crazy but it will get the job done. I'm saying I needed that manpower for volks with shrecks or raketens to counter the early light vehicle play the soviet will do later on.

The difference being I am using fuel to kill a manpower unit as a fuel starved faction. Now if all things go according to plan and I manage to use aimed shot(cost 45 munitions I think) to kill a sniper that's great! But if I had things go according to plan I already know how to counter the UKF sniper much more easily than using a puma.

Like seriously, the brits and USF or the soviets dont have good counters to the ost sniper either. The M3 and M20 are very fragile and valnuarable to fausts. UC even more so. But nobody complains about ost sniper because theres a thing called flanking. OKW players even get to spawn troops behind buildings to make flanking a sniper easier.

This is exactly what I do every game to counter the UKF sniper. But it's always nice when you see clumped up UKF snipers picking off troops and see walking stuka rockets just land right on top of them as well.

So the only time I would ever tell anyone to go counter a sniper with a puma is when they are playing team games with no ostheer players on their side as OKW.
26 Oct 2015, 14:14 PM

hmm, I think you have to position the scout right in order to take down sniper. I had no problem what so ever using 222 against British sniper. You need the element of surprise and close in the distance. I don't think the crit shot always do damage engine either.
26 Oct 2015, 14:24 PM

If we are talking about 2v2 and up games. There is no need for an OKW to counter the UKF sniper if they have an ostheer player. They have to use the synergy of the factions in those games with the ost player countersniping the sniper and the OKW player countering whatever else is on the field.

1v1's are different in that most of the time, you're just better off finding the UKF sniper out of position and killing him with your sturmpios. Or popping a JLI squad near a building he's besides and getting him that way.

I never said that getting a puma is an efficient strategy to counter a sniper. If you can find where I said that, please do; as I will correct myself. The reason I do not tell people to go get a puma to counter the UKF sniper is because I do not get a chance to counter the UKF sniper with it. And even when I do it is because the puma will later on be an inefficient counter against the centaur.

In the same vein, if I told you building an army of sturmpios to counter conscripts is not an efficient strategy I am not saying that sturmpios are terrible against conscripts. Most of the time they should come out on top and the OKW will bleed like crazy but it will get the job done. I'm saying I needed that manpower for volks with shrecks or raketens to counter the early light vehicle play the soviet will do later on.

The difference being I am using fuel to kill a manpower unit as a fuel starved faction. Now if all things go according to plan and I manage to use aimed shot(cost 45 munitions I think) to kill a sniper that's great! But if I had things go according to plan I already know how to counter the UKF sniper much more easily than using a puma.

This is exactly what I do every game to counter the UKF sniper. But it's always nice when you see clumped up UKF snipers picking off troops and see walking stuka rockets just land right on top of them as well.

So the only time I would ever tell anyone to go counter a sniper with a puma is when they are playing team games with no ostheer players on their side as OKW.

So i don't see whats the problem then. ;)

I mean, the main reason OKW struggles in 1s is due to the lack of an early game infantry counter, not snipers ;)
26 Oct 2015, 14:45 PM

A sniper shouldn't have a snare, that it can damage light vehicles ok but a snare is just wrong imo. A light vehicle should be a hardcounter to a sniper! If you buy a sniper you should be prepaired to counter a light vehicle with mines and stuff not with the sniper it self.

That the other infantry units dont have a snare is not a reason to give it to a sniper.
Remove the snare from the sniper and find another solution (if needed) for the brits not having a snare.
He carries an anti-tank rifle. A weapon designed against Scout and Armored cars. It makes total sense.
26 Oct 2015, 14:48 PM

And regarding the 222. I seriously don't understand what people expect from a 15 fuel and 210mp unit. Ever tried to get 2 222s to counter a sniper?

Anyways, somebody suggested removing the snare from the sniper and adding snaers to the IS.

Yes, do that. That would increase the power of the brit sniper by a huge amount againts infantry because snares would now be everywhere and overall sniper would be alot harder to counter.

Somebody even suggested mirroring the ost sniper to the brit sniper, i don't think they knew that that would mean massive buffs to the brit sniper because the ost sniper outperforms the british one in practically every way except snare and againts vehicles.

if vet 1 puma is the legit counter to brit sniper i would say that a vet 3 sexton is the legit counter to leig spam. hurr durrbut you cant be serious that a light to medium vehicle with a vet 1 ability is the "efficent" strategy. especially against someone with brain because u will spend several minutes vetting up puma. he would be stupid not to play very safe with his sniper then.

but hey again, brits are super fine, funny since they are getting nerfed every patch like they are overperforming :^)
26 Oct 2015, 15:40 PM

if vet 1 puma is the legit counter to brit sniper i would say that a vet 3 sexton is the legit counter to leig spam. hurr durrbut you cant be serious that a light to medium vehicle with a vet 1 ability is the "efficent" strategy. especially against someone with brain because u will spend several minutes vetting up puma. he would be stupid not to play very safe with his sniper then.

but hey again, brits are super fine, funny since they are getting nerfed every patch like they are overperforming :^)

It takes two engagements vs tommies to vet puma to vet1.

Tommies grant a lot of exp.
I did it myself.
You can ask FaHu :megusta:
Vet1 Puma is legit brit sniper hardcounter despite it being primarly AT vehicle and AT sniper in theory its natural hardcounter.
26 Oct 2015, 15:44 PM

I respond to this, piece by piece, starting with the 222.

A dedicated sniper hunter (according to patchnotes) requires 2 of them to even deal with a single sniper.
Diving in with said 222's will mostly result in the demise of atleast 1 of them, if not both, due to the presence of the 280 at gun, whislt the sniper has a good chance of escaping due to reteat, sight range and ofc, the crit.

222 is a joke as a sniper counter vs brits.

USF lacks a good sniper counter, i won't argue there, but UKF can get their own sniper out, thus negating the need for another sniper counter (tho i agree, the UC is a joke aswell).

As for flanking and using buildings to spawn troops behind the sniper: A. its map depandent and B. more often then not the sniper see's you coming (45 sight range yee) and retreats, leaving all your effort in the dust (seen this on both ends far too many times).

But really, 70 fuel and 320 mp for OkW, in a 1vs1, spend solely to try and counter the brit sniper (you need vet 1 first, good luck getting that killing inf) whilst all the brit player has to do is spend 280 mp on his at gun and laugh at your efforts?
Not gonna work in any half-competitve 1vs1 match.

I don't see OkW having anything near a good sniper counter (nor USF for that matter).

Personally, i see snipers in this game as unneeded and quite frankly bad, since a well-supported sniper is far, far too hard to counter for any faction, with the sole exception of countersniping but that's more for another topic.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★