Login

russian armor

T-34/76 - just little fix

24 Oct 2015, 14:20 PM

Those stats are in comparison to PzIV? If so, please take into account scatter values and accuracy as well, and AoE (which is what kills infantry). Also consider that in most tank engagements both tanks will be moving, therefore include the movement penalty.

The t34 also sits at the top of the tech tree, whereas the Panzer is T3.

Aoe scatter, accuracy and speed are nearly identical. Once again this unit is not a bad tank and its very cheap and cost effective for a medium tank. That the meta now revolves around dedicated TD's is not just a problem for the t-34 but for all medium tanks. ever since the soviets have gotten the su76 very few people take the p4..
24 Oct 2015, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2015, 10:05 AMZyllen
Bloody hell people. The t-34 has 30 less armour 4 less dps and 20 les penetration at long range. its far from shit.

panzer 4 avg reload is 5.5 second, and t34 76 avg reload is 6.5. a one second difference is quite bit in coh2.

4 dps is a lot. panzer4 dps is ~28 and t34 dps is around ~24. that difference is pretty big in practice.

The t34 76 also have the second lowest dps among the regular and advanced medium, being only higher than the panther.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2015, 14:20 PMZyllen

Aoe scatter, accuracy and speed are nearly identical. Once again this unit is not a bad tank and its very cheap and cost effective for a medium tank. That the meta now revolves around dedicated TD's is not just a problem for the t-34 but for all medium tanks. ever since the soviets have gotten the su76 very few people take the p4..

Aoe, scatter, and reload are all a bit worst on the t34 76. Unfortunately all those difference do add up. There's really a point where the stats alone do not tell the whole story.
24 Oct 2015, 23:16 PM

This tank is UTTER garbage.

T34 is a medium tank.

Panther is a medium tank.

Panther could sit in front of a T34, let the crew out for a quick nap, come back refreshed and find their tank has a few scratches to it's paintwork.

I know, I know, FLANK IT! Shame the Panther reverses at warp speed.
25 Oct 2015, 01:09 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2015, 14:20 PMZyllen
Once again this unit is not a bad tank and its very cheap and cost effective for a medium tank.
Wow I suppose we have all been using this unit wrong all this time, I mean the T34/76 threatens to outright dominate the meta with its cost effectiveness, here I thought the T34/76 sucked but it turns out it doesn't at all, through the power of sheer will that it be true.

Though after all this salt I will even grudgingly admit that the T34 might only SEEM crappier than it is because it is up against superiour armour and Schreck wielding infantry all the goddamn time.

Compare StuG III for something nearer to T34's pricetag than a P4 and tell me they have comparable performance.

I don't care what people say, Schrecks are such a huge source of assymetry that it isn't even funny. I am not saying they are OP or anything, I am saying they introduce a new factor into Allied armour equation that Axis just doesn't even have to worry about. The problem is, Allies are supposed to be the flanking faction against the superiour Krupp steel (at least that's how the game was designed), but any Allied flank is like 60% guaranteed to earn a warm Schreck + PaK welcome. This affects all the Allied tanks, but T34/76 has such lackluster performance against infantry that enemy squads, which should be its natural prey, just laugh at it most of the time (if it hits, it hits for good damage and occasional squadwipe, but such inconsistency and RNGesus based gameplay is just frustrating for both parties).
25 Oct 2015, 02:00 AM

Don't forget the the Pz4 can get the MG upgrade, further increasing the tank's AI potential. Does the T34/76 and Pz4 have same scatter and accuracy? seems that the T34/76 gun misses a ton of shots.

Also, Pz4 engagements are different than T34 engagements. It is pretty easy to stay at range with the Pz4, unless there are enemy Td's orr AT guns lying around. The T34 goes up against schreck-armed Volks. It takes much more finesse and awareness to engage your opponent because schrecks are a ranged AT option.
25 Oct 2015, 02:06 AM

panzer 4 avg reload is 5.5 second, and t34 76 avg reload is 6.5. a one second difference is quite bit in coh2.

4 dps is a lot. panzer4 dps is ~28 and t34 dps is around ~24. that difference is pretty big in practice.

The t34 76 also have the second lowest dps among the regular and advanced medium, being only higher than the panther.

Aoe, scatter, and reload are all a bit worst on the t34 76. Unfortunately all those difference do add up. There's really a point where the stats alone do not tell the whole story.

Thats why it is the cheapest medium tank and 45 fuel is a lot. You are correct stats dont say everything. But look on the current meta. the time of heavy callins are gone , the stug got buffed. the result is that the okw are switching to puma's and jp4's en mass and the same goes for the ostheer. the result is that all medium tanks suffer because their are a lot more counters to them then before. And not just the t-34 but cromwell and sherman as well as i rarely see them. Both p4's suffer as well.
25 Oct 2015, 02:11 AM

Wow I suppose we have all been using this unit wrong all this time, I mean the T34/76 threatens to outright dominate the meta with its cost effectiveness, here I thought the T34/76 sucked but it turns out it doesn't at all, through the power of sheer will that it be true.

Though after all this salt I will even grudgingly admit that the T34 might only SEEM crappier than it is because it is up against superiour armour and Schreck wielding infantry all the goddamn time.

Compare StuG III for something nearer to T34's pricetag than a P4 and tell me they have comparable performance.

I don't care what people say, Schrecks are such a huge source of assymetry that it isn't even funny. I am not saying they are OP or anything, I am saying they introduce a new factor into Allied armour equation that Axis just doesn't even have to worry about. The problem is, Allies are supposed to be the flanking faction against the superiour Krupp steel (at least that's how the game was designed), but any Allied flank is like 60% guaranteed to earn a warm Schreck + PaK welcome. This affects all the Allied tanks, but T34/76 has such lackluster performance against infantry that enemy squads, which should be its natural prey, just laugh at it most of the time (if it hits, it hits for good damage and occasional squadwipe, but such inconsistency and RNGesus based gameplay is just frustrating for both parties).

You are comparing a dedicated TD to a generalist medium tank. thats a rather large epic fail their. And to be honest mate you are living in the past su76's jacksons and fireflies have no problem taking heavies head on from a large distance.

@ninjaWJ the mg upgrade cost a hefty 50 ammo. and it sucks for the price anyway so i dont see it as an advantage.

25 Oct 2015, 03:02 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 02:11 AMZyllen
You are comparing a dedicated TD to a generalist medium tank.
Yes, and the StuG is a much more useful vehicle all around because the T34/76 can't hit infantry for shit. Hell, with the mounted MG upgrade the StuG will at least deal SOME consistent DPS vs infantry.
And to be honest mate you are living in the past su76's jacksons and fireflies have no problem taking heavies head on from a large distance.
Where did I mention heavy tanks in my post?

Look, it is obvious you find the T34/76 a good tank and that it shouldn't be changed, a stance which the current state of the game overwhelmingly fails to support. I see Cromwells, Shermans, and Panzers all the time, even in large team games.

Keep mudding the issue with nonexistent quotes (still waiting to see where I said anything about heavy tanks) and the Su-76, avoid talking about the T34 all you want, T34/76 is dead. It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bloody choir invisible. That is an ex medium tank. Other mediums also exist in a meta full of tank destroyers but somehow are still used in the meta. But T34 is fine.
25 Oct 2015, 03:58 AM

Yes, and the StuG is a much more useful vehicle all around because the T34/76 can't hit infantry for shit. Hell, with the mounted MG upgrade the StuG will at least deal SOME consistent DPS vs infantry. Where did I mention heavy tanks in my post?

Look, it is obvious you find the T34/76 a good tank and that it shouldn't be changed, a stance which the current state of the game overwhelmingly fails to support. I see Cromwells, Shermans, and Panzers all the time, even in large team games.

Keep mudding the issue with nonexistent quotes (still waiting to see where I said anything about heavy tanks) and the Su-76, avoid talking about the T34 all you want, T34/76 is dead. It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bloody choir invisible. That is an ex medium tank. Other mediums also exist in a meta full of tank destroyers but somehow are still used in the meta. But T34 is fine.

LOL. if you believe that the t-34 sucks against infantry then so does the p4 as both have nearly identical scatter and aoe. And no you dont see cromwells and panzers. why would anybody buy those units? the only medium tank i buy these days is the sherman and thats because it has HE and i basically use it as an AI tank.

if you referring to flanking you are talking about heavies because thats the only way medium tanks can win vs heavies.

But to be honest what would you like to buff about the t-34?
25 Oct 2015, 05:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 03:58 AMZyllen
LOL. if you believe that the t-34 sucks against infantry then so does the p4 as both have nearly identical scatter and aoe.

The Panzer IV has slightly superior AoE and Scatter, and slightly better Machine Guns.
25 Oct 2015, 07:24 AM

The Panzer IV has slightly superior AoE and Scatter, and slightly better Machine Guns.

Actually, P4 has a bit less AOE, much better scatter (distance object hit min = 10) and overwhelmingly better MGs due to pintle upgrade. Suppose you compared an upgraded M4C's DPS against infantry to T-34's. That's how bad it is.
25 Oct 2015, 07:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 02:06 AMZyllen

Thats why it is the cheapest medium tank and 45 fuel is a lot. You are correct stats dont say everything. But look on the current meta. the time of heavy callins are gone , the stug got buffed. the result is that the okw are switching to puma's and jp4's en mass and the same goes for the ostheer. the result is that all medium tanks suffer because their are a lot more counters to them then before. And not just the t-34 but cromwell and sherman as well as i rarely see them. Both p4's suffer as well.

there's more to unit and faction balance than just matching the unit performance to its price. Right now the t34-76 is so insignificant it's just plain not worth buying.

and reload as well. the panzer4 is significantly better against infantry.
25 Oct 2015, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 07:24 AMMuxsus

Actually, P4 has a bit less AOE, much better scatter (distance object hit min = 10) and overwhelmingly better MGs due to pintle upgrade. Suppose you compared an upgraded M4C's DPS against infantry to T-34's. That's how bad it is.

0.5 more scatter is is insignificant espeically if you consider that AI tanks generally have nearly 1/3 of the scatter of the generalist tank. and the mg upgrade is not included in my balance ebcause its a seperate upgrade and cost quite a bit of ammo.
25 Oct 2015, 11:41 AM

there's more to unit and faction balance than just matching the unit performance to its price. Right now the t34-76 is so insignificant it's just plain not worth buying.

Yes and i already explained it to you that current meta is not in favour of medium tanks in general. even if you buff the t-34 to match the p4 with same price you will still not see it often as the stugs and jp's are still going to just as easily wreck it. If you move it to tier 3 stugs and jp's are still going to wreck it. if you make it cheaper stugs and jp's are still going to wreck it.

Seeing a pattern here?
25 Oct 2015, 11:49 AM

The only thing the t34/76 needs is slightly better machine guns.
25 Oct 2015, 11:59 AM

T34/76 is shitty, which it's price represents
25 Oct 2015, 12:29 PM

T34/76 is shitty, which it's price represents

I think it should be more spammable. 300 mp is still somewhat expensive
25 Oct 2015, 12:49 PM

The only thing the t34/76 needs is slightly better machine guns.

I'd like this as well.

It would be then cheap, still not enough to fight armor without heavy support and be different to other tanks with its own flavor and MGs being main killing source for inf.
25 Oct 2015, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 11:41 AMZyllen

Yes and i already explained it to you that current meta is not in favour of medium tanks in general.

And, changes are aimed at changing the current meta, at least in one respect. It's not carved in stone. That's the point of the discussion.

25 Oct 2015, 16:22 PM

Its anti-infantry is tied to its vet 2, which is contrary to its doctrine of spammability because you have to babysit a tank until it reaches vet 2 when you should be able to do well with multiple vet 0 tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★