Login

russian armor

PG being incapable of anti-inf with the double shrek upgrade

17 Oct 2015, 17:06 PM

I think their costs only seem expensive when compared to their other shrekked counterparts: volksgrenadiers.

For 235 manpower and albeit only one shrek for 90 munitions, those volks retain a great deal of their AI. Then they start acquiring vet (up to two extra levels!!11) and scale wonderfully and durably.

Panzergrenadiers are not the same kinds of unit, and I can see how people who are used to volksgrenadiers' AT package might get frustrated/confused. They are best used defensively, as they are flimsy, don't get sniper level accuracy with extra levels of vet, and drop their shreks on retreat like crazy. Even though it is only 120 munitions for two shreks, a four man squad having two shreks is a recipe for allied shrek usage.

They are best kept in cover to protect your flank and/or your paks from armored rushes.

Are there more expansive weapon upgrades than PzGrens shrek? I never realized they cost 1-2-0 munitions
17 Oct 2015, 17:21 PM

Well, it is 120, but you get two of them. Volks spend 90 for just one.
17 Oct 2015, 18:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Price could be adjusted to 100muni due to cost opportunity but i don't think it's neccesary.

They are fine.
17 Oct 2015, 18:27 PM

These are the best AT infantry in the game by a long shot. I make 1-2 squads with shreks almost every game, it totally shuts out light vehicles and they remain super useful late game. Late game they counter units like, Su85, Jackson's, su76, any medium tank (less so then the others, but they still hurt them bad); so you know, pretty much everything allies use to threaten your German heavy tanks.
17 Oct 2015, 18:57 PM
Patrion 27

Well that's strange... Johnny seems to have disappeared from the thread as soon as you showed screenshots to prove your point. :snfBarton:

I agree more units should have to make choices with their upgrades. So -1 to toggle.
18 Oct 2015, 08:36 AM

I can prove everything I say. Im not biased. But it would nice if someone like you, so actice in balance section, finally upload a good replay ;)

Oh, and it's not preview with nerfed stens. It's current version with insane DPS.
So with the nerf, PzGrens will be able to win against approaching Commandos even without cover, I belive.

Hm. If we are going to make fun and moke each other, it's not the place here. This is not a video. These are 2 pictures. A video would show that that last commando didn't arrive there after the commando squad being stopped several times in order to be gunned down better, for instance.

Making things up just to prove a point and show people are mistaken because they disagree to you, it's the way to go it seems. Nice. What these pictures actualy "prove"? We are not ALL stupid , you know. Anyway this is going to far. I let you here with your "proofs" and your extremely biased attitude.
nee
18 Oct 2015, 11:30 AM

...or you can just get a Grenadier/ second Panzergrenadier squad, like literally everyone else has been doing without fuss for the past two years.

/thread
18 Oct 2015, 11:34 AM

I think the issue isnt Pgrens.... but a lack of shock infantry on the Axis side...

Pgrens and Sturmpio's are good ect... (mid rage)

But still get butchered by Shocks/Commandos/Thompsons. The axis doesn't really have any equivalent to the point black bum rape units that the allies do and its only gonna become more obvious when the rangers get here.
18 Oct 2015, 11:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 08:36 AMJohnnyB

Hm. If we are going to make fun and moke each other, it's not the place here. This is not a video. These are 2 pictures. A video would show that that last commando didn't arrive there after the commando squad being stopped several times in order to be gunned down better, for instance.

Making things up just to prove a point and show people are mistaken because they disagree to you, it's the way to go it seems. Nice. What these pictures actualy "prove"? We are not ALL stupid , you know. Anyway this is going to far. I let you here with your "proofs" and your extremely biased attitude.

:lol::lol::lol:

Let me put it this way. In your world, I probably stopped commandos 20 times, in real word I did not even once but Im not going to convince you at all. No need to spend time.
Once I showed pics with vet 4 SP killing vet 3 LMG Paras on mid range.
One guy was laughing, because "there was ISG shooting at paras". So I showed him full screen with icon list. He never quoted me again.

But I just want to see you without any reasonable argument, that I will show you pic with timer on. So, tell me, how many times I could stoped them during 11sec? :clap::clap:

Oh, wait, I probably learned how to use photoshop, just to tweak numbers on timer :loco:
And if I stopped them, why all bodies are around the sandbags and not on the way through open field? :luvDerp:

18 Oct 2015, 11:52 AM

It's ok Johnny, he can't actually be telling the truth. He probably used hold fire to make them lose, what a biased guy he is.

:snfPeter:
18 Oct 2015, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 11:52 AMMuxsus
It's ok Johnny, he can't actually be telling the truth. He probably used hold fire to make them lose, what a biased guy he is.

:snfPeter:

I hope, this is troll post, but in case if Johnny is going to catch your thought I can already warn him that if he looks closely, he will see that Commandos are aiming :luvDerp:
18 Oct 2015, 12:16 PM

Let's play nicely, please, it's a game not the house of commons.
18 Oct 2015, 14:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You just put invincible mode on those PG or even worse, you just made a whole new mod just to prove you are right :banana:

18 Oct 2015, 14:32 PM

Price could be adjusted to 100muni due to cost opportunity but i don't think it's neccesary.

They are fine.
They already have a cheaper opportunity cost. The real cost of a schrek is 75 munitions.
18 Oct 2015, 15:22 PM

They are fine.
Not too sure about that one. The price needs to be high or it will be too easy to spam.

Also the synergy with the "fuel to ammo" conversion would be too good at only 100 mun.
18 Oct 2015, 16:00 PM

PGren are working fine right now.
18 Oct 2015, 16:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 09:00 AMluvnest
Lol wut? In fact there should be more decision making like this. Either you have a dedicated anti infantry squad or you upgrade them to be anti tank. No to toggle.
18 Oct 2015, 16:26 PM

Imagine if you drive a couple tanks into a blob of Pgrens and they all simultaneously toggle schrecks and your tanks disappear in 2 secs, pgrens get insta vet3 for killing tanks, untoggle the schrecks and after that keep killing all your infantry with their vet3 bonuses. :snfPeter: balans
18 Oct 2015, 21:20 PM

pgs are more than fine , if anything they should give the schreck the same scatter or damage as the zook and make it cost a bit less
19 Oct 2015, 01:13 AM

Price could be adjusted but i don't think it's neccesary.

He is fine.

:ot:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight