Login

russian armor

Brits and Ost late game tech comparison

29 Sep 2015, 11:26 AM

What a quite obvious rage post.
Before complaining about the OP brits just play a decent amounts of time against them or even better: play as brits (if you own them unlike me).

Most of the stuff you have written is just nonesense. You compare apples and oranges. The Comet is as good because it costs 185 fuel. The sniper is in T2 and so on. The only thing that is op is the centaur atm.
29 Sep 2015, 13:30 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 09:26 AMKatitof

Because they have just 2 tiers with T4 level tanks locked behind side tech.
You can't really do anything about it at this point.

I think tahy can add new tier or do somthing to pay for unlock tanks like sherman FF, church and comet. I think 5 tanks in 1 tier and 50 fuel to go comet/church its to sheap vs Ostheer and OKW.
29 Sep 2015, 13:41 PM
Donator 11

the advantages of t4 over t3 are kind of minor. the panzer4, stug, and ostwind are good enough against most allies tank and it's hard justifying the extreme cost to go into t4.

The brummbar, and panther are both hard hitting units but the t3 units are just as efficient.panzerwerfer is really the only reason I would feel compel to go into t4.

to quote the OP, centaur=ostwind,cromwell=pz4,stug=firefly. (and I would rate the stug>firefly atm) 200mp and 50 fuel is a decent research cost for the comet/churchill. it's just the ost t4 being overpriced.

The only reason I rate the firefly higher than the Stug is that if caught unaware for 3 seconds the firefly has the ability to one shot any medium tank for an initial cost of 140 munitions.

Otherwise the cromwell is better than the PIV due to cost and speed and the centaur is, well if you think the ostwind is better than the centaur then I don't know what to tell you. :foreveralone:

Also for those saying the brit sniper is in T2, it is but T2 usually comes at 2 minutes, giving you the option to countersnipe at around 3 minutes. I wouldn't say that 1.5 minutes of ostheer sniper field time is enough to win the game...
29 Sep 2015, 14:59 PM

I think tahy can add new tier or do somthing to pay for unlock tanks like sherman FF, church and comet. I think 5 tanks in 1 tier and 50 fuel to go comet/church its to sheap vs Ostheer and OKW.

5 tanks in one tier?
Which tier you're talking about?

Because all I can see is cromwell, centaur and firefly.
I wasn't best in school from math, but t me that seems like three instead of 5 with 4th being unlocked by side tech which costs as much as tier.

And no, OKW can get panther well before brits will even think about comet.
Ost T3 and brit T3 arrive at about same time and are equal to each other with the centaur>ostwind exception.
Going for anything above that requires brit field domination, which isn't really possible against either axis faction.

Besides, how many comets or anvil churchills have we seen during the OCF?

Brits don't really have it easier because of the side costs and the attrition, which is by far highest among all armies.
29 Sep 2015, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 09:43 AMCptEend

Brits don't have a start sniper, it's in T2.

Except the firefly is way costlier and probably less effective.

It's easily the worst handheld in the game, it always misses against a decent player.

The only thing about Brits that I find really OP right now is how stupid strong the centaur is (and the croc perhaps, but that one comes quite late). But after OCF I'm sure that it'll see a nerf soon.

Yes I know the sniper is in T2, the start units, well, I mean the T1 + T2 units.

Firefly can wipe out a Pz4 or JP4 with one shot + tulips.

29 Sep 2015, 16:44 PM

What a quite obvious rage post.
Before complaining about the OP brits just play a decent amounts of time against them or even better: play as brits (if you own them unlike me).

Most of the stuff you have written is just nonesense. You compare apples and oranges. The Comet is as good because it costs 185 fuel. The sniper is in T2 and so on. The only thing that is op is the centaur atm.

You completely dunno what I talked about.

I'm talking about the tech cost for late games between the 2 fations. The huge difference between them. Yes I know the centaur is OP, I own the brits and I play this faction.
29 Sep 2015, 16:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 14:59 PMKatitof

5 tanks in one tier?

I wasn't best in school from math, but t me that seems like three instead of 5 with 4th being unlocked by side tech which costs as much as tier.

Ost T3 and brit T3 arrive at about same time and are equal to each other with the centaur>ostwind exception.
Going for anything above that requires brit field domination, which isn't really possible against either axis faction.

Brits don't really have it easier because of the side costs and the attrition, which is by far highest among all armies.

They should buff the early game of Brits, then bring their late tech cost in line with other factions.
29 Sep 2015, 19:08 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 14:59 PMKatitof

5 tanks in one tier?

Comet requires 185+110+10+50= 355 fuel for a comet rush
Panther requires 80+175= 255 fuel for panther rush.

In the time it takes OKW enough fuel to get a Panther, the brits will have accumulated 380ish fuel.

Also, to get the first Ostwind requires 40+45+75+100= 260 fuel (assuming you don't build T2)
To get the first Centaur you need 10+110+100= 220 fuel. 40 fuel is easily a 2 minute difference.

Most of the time I agree with you, but the numbers don't lie. And while axis typically retains a little more of the map, it isn't common enough to seriously effect the timing of the brit T3.

Watching high level play, the attrition just doesn't seem to be as big of a factor as people are making it out to be.
29 Sep 2015, 19:30 PM

Also, to get the first Ostwind requires 40+45+75+100= 260 fuel (assuming you don't build T2)
To get the first Centaur you need 10+110+100= 220 fuel. 40 fuel is easily a 2 minute difference.

Not really a fair comparison. A ostheer player who rushes a ostwind will have grenades and LMGs for his grens. A brit doing the same won't have grenades or upgrades.
29 Sep 2015, 19:37 PM
Donator 11

Not really a fair comparison. A ostheer player who rushes a ostwind will have grenades and LMGs for his grens. A brit doing the same won't have grenades or upgrades.

Considering brit meta is rush out a centaur with no upgrades...I think it is a perfectly fair comparison.
29 Sep 2015, 20:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 09:08 AMKatitof

However not a single axis player is accustomed to facing tanks that don't instantly blow up to 2 paks or 3-4 shreckvolks. Fighting against brit armor feels pretty much the same as fighting againt ost armor

Yeah because no axis player has come against any IS or KV8 (before it was bad) or anything similar. I will admit there are similarities but when a tank can run into a pak wall + elephant take hits, survive that then survive a follow up push with a panther, it gets to a point where it seems pretty stupid that heavy AT does not counter tanks.

I feel like the biggest problem with Brits at the moment is that they are often like Magicarp, you can beat them as Magicarp but if you don't and they evolve to Gyarados, you can often just pretty much be screwed against them.

This being said, one of the biggest problems that isn't actually balance is the bug with mines randomly not working on Brit tanks, that can actually be pretty game changing.

29 Sep 2015, 20:40 PM

Yeah but an ostwind even with grens with lmgs is nothing in comparison to centaur.
29 Sep 2015, 21:01 PM

In the time it takes OKW enough fuel to get a Panther, the brits will have accumulated 380ish fuel.

Most of the time I agree with you, but the numbers don't lie. And while axis typically retains a little more of the map, it isn't common enough to seriously effect the timing of the brit T3.

Watching high level play, the attrition just doesn't seem to be as big of a factor as people are making it out to be.

a big difference between the OKW and Brit is the fact the OKW get their schreck and grenade as top of the package. The british have to skip all their infantry upgrade in order to rush comet.

The okw merely have to skip one of their truck, and they get the extremely useful incendiary and schreck upgrade as part of the deal.
29 Sep 2015, 21:04 PM

Permanently Banned

Yeah but an ostwind even with grens with lmgs is nothing in comparison to centaur.
29 Sep 2015, 22:46 PM

a big difference between the OKW and Brit is the fact the OKW get their schreck and grenade as top of the package. The british have to skip all their infantry upgrade in order to rush comet.

The okw merely have to skip one of their truck, and they get the extremely useful incendiary and schreck upgrade as part of the deal.

Why would you ever get Shreks versus Brits? Volks have little to no use at all versus IS, you need Pfuss or elite infantry to handle them. You just get 2 Volks to throw incendiary nades at buildings or cover.
29 Sep 2015, 23:55 PM
Donator 11

Even then, with the fuel exchange rate thats more than enough to make up for the 30 fuel required for upgrades.

Not to mention I really don't see many people use the upgrades on brits...
30 Sep 2015, 03:50 AM

Actually Panther rush would require 295 fuel, as you have to deploy either Battlegroup or Mechanized Hq before the Schwerer.
And it's 115 fuel for a Brit to tech T3, not 110.

So it's actually 360 fuel for Brit Comet rush, and 295 fuel for OKW Panther rush. Which, taking the fuel penalty into account, is... about even I should think.
30 Sep 2015, 04:12 AM
Donator 11

Actually Panther rush would require 295 fuel, as you have to deploy either Battlegroup or Mechanized Hq before the Schwerer.
And it's 115 fuel for a Brit to tech T3, not 110.

So it's actually 360 fuel for Brit Comet rush, and 295 fuel for OKW Panther rush. Which, taking the fuel penalty into account, is... about even I should think.

I was factoring out starting fuel, since OKW opens with 40 fuel...

And no, the fuel penalty is nowhere near close.

Okw gets 2 fuel for every 3 that brits get.

So lets assume you get 2 fuel every second (for ease). It would take the OKW player rougly 128 seconds (255 fuel divided by 2 fuel per second) to get the fuel for a panther.

Over that same 128 seconds The brit player could accumulate 128X3= 384 fuel, or about 134 fuel more, so they aren't even in the same league. You could leisurely buy a comet, centaur, and brit infantry upgrades for the same price as a panther (assuming split map control)
30 Sep 2015, 05:11 AM

I know the brits has a much more difficult early game than the ost,maybe relic will buff it next patch since there are so many complaints.But as I said,also they should pay attention to their cheap late tech. It's 200MP + 50 fuel not 60 fuel previously I was wrong.It's too easy and no risky to tech to the heavies tier after making a medium tank for the brits.Absolutely no fairness when the ost must spend 360MP + 120fuel to tech to their heavies tier in the same situation.Not to mention the ost upgrade will take more than 1 minute and gain nothing reward while the brits can gain several special skills.And is it fair that the 800HP Brumbar cost 10 more fuel than 1600HP Churchill?If you guys admit this is balanced Relic pls bring the Brumbar in line with the Churchill,the Brumbar needs to have 1600HP too...Seriously!

It makes no sense releasing a new faction lead to unfairness to play the old ones.Buff their early games.Then delay their late tech.
30 Sep 2015, 06:10 AM

I think the teching for both is fine, Maybe brit tank tech could use a slight fuel increase (from 115 to 140) but some units like the Centaur need toning down so theyre not game winning as soon as they arrive.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★