Login

russian armor

Current State of Balance

28 Sep 2015, 05:30 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I am curious as to what everyone perceives the current state of balance.

Is any faction really OP? Or are there just a few OP units in a faction?

How about recent changes to con/rifle vet 3 and the flame weapon changes?

Are all of the insta-wipe units been nerfed to prevent said wipes (ex. M8 Greyhound canister shot)?

In general, what needs to be changed (whether it be balance, faction design, maps, DLC system) in order for coh2 to be ESL ready? :clap: (I smiled writing that... lol, ESL ready... it's been 2.25 years and we're still not).

Thanks everyone :)
28 Sep 2015, 06:19 AM

I think things are pretty good at the moment. British Infantry could use toning down in exchange for less bleed, Heavy Engineers are kinda retarded, Centaur needs toned down, 17 Pounder is useless. As for other factions, Easy Eight is too cheap for its new stats, Ost Panzer IV is too expensive for its stats, USF MG still needs fixed, and nobody likes the T-34/76.
28 Sep 2015, 06:28 AM

I think things are pretty good at the moment. British Infantry could use toning down in exchange for less bleed, Heavy Engineers are kinda retarded, Centaur needs toned down, 17 Pounder is useless. As for other factions, Easy Eight is too cheap for its new stats, Ost Panzer IV is too expensive for its stats, USF MG still needs fixed, and nobody likes the T-34/76.

Heavy Engineers retarded WutFace
28 Sep 2015, 06:36 AM

Commandos are a bit too good in my experience. (Maybe reduce their DPS and give them a bit more durability? I find it hard to react at how fast they kill squads.)

Brits need some sort of light and mobile artillery as a basic unit imo. (The mortar emplacement, while powerfull it is expensive and prone to get quite easely killed by Leigs, although if Leigs and Pack howies get nerfed to a degree where people dont build 4 of them per team then a new light arty unit for the UK is probably unnnecesary.)

Trenches shouldn't be able to build outside your own territory, much like US fighting postions (imagine if those could be built anywhere.)

The Leig and the Pack howtizer are both absurd by how they supress units so easely, either remove the supression effect or give them a huge supression nerf.

Centaur should maybe have a slight DPS nerf and a bit more mobility.

Mechanized company needs a buff :foreveralone:

28 Sep 2015, 06:37 AM

I think the game is slightly weighted in the Allies favor at the moment...

Every game as axis seems to be a struggle, rushing to the counters as fast as possible.

While every game as allies seems to be trollololol with the current meta units.

Allies seem to command the direction a game is going to take, and the axis tries to counter the path the allies set.
28 Sep 2015, 06:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 06:37 AMCorsin
I think the game is slightly weighted in the Allies favor at the moment...

Every game as axis seems to be a struggle, rushing to the counters as fast as possible.

While every game as allies seems to be trollololol with the current meta units.

Allies seem to command the direction a game is going to take, and the axis tries to counter the path the allies set.

Allies are more powerfull in the early game, but Axis in the late game.

This "struggle" kinda rapidly switches side.

Also, have you tried bunkering down with 2x/2x Leigs in 2v2s? Its a ludicrous strategy that doesnt have any real counter other than building the US pack howie.
28 Sep 2015, 06:42 AM

The E8 is worse than the Panther in almost everyway and costs marginally less, i think its fine that way.
28 Sep 2015, 06:46 AM

Allies are more powerfull in the early game, but Axis in the late game.

This "struggle" kinda rapidly switches side.

The Early game often decides the late game, and what you say about axis late game is not true since the arrival of Brits. Or the buffs to flame weaponry (KV8) Or the buffs to allied infantry scaling (rifles particularly).

Also, have you tried bunkering down with 2x/2x Leigs in 2v2s? Its a ludicrous strategy that doesnt have any real counter other than building the US pack howie.

Yep. Theyre annoying and overperforming. However the allies dont really have much issue countering it. (or at least shouldn't).

+ Balance should be centered around 1v1. Not 2v2.

28 Sep 2015, 06:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 06:46 AMCorsin

The Early game often decides the late game, and what you say about axis late game is not true since the arrival of Brits.

Yep. Theyre annoying and overperforming. However the allies dont really have much issue countering it. (or at least shouldn't).

+ Balance should be centered around 1v1. Not 2v2.

There is no counter to the Leig other than building your own light howies which means that you must play US or your mortars will get supressed into submission if you are Soviet, and playing like that is just a onesided artillery battle that involves no skill or tactics.

And i sincerely disagree about that the game should be balanced around 1v1s, since some starts that are relevant in 1v1s are not in 2v2s, and the other way around.

You gotta look both ways to atleast some degree, otherwise your view will get pretty one sided.
28 Sep 2015, 06:53 AM

Permanently Banned
Centaur needs the nerfhammer hard.

Infantry sections needs their dps scaled down at vet and their mp reinforcement cost decreased, they are way to expensive.
28 Sep 2015, 06:53 AM

There is no counter to the Leig other than building your own light howies, and playing like that is just a onesided artillery battle that involves no skill or tactics.

Ofc there is, its called a tank.

And i sincerely disagree about that the game should be balanced around 1v1s, since some starts that are relevant in 1v1s are not in 2v2s, and the other way around.

Thats true, but its impossible to balance both when you have 5 factions in the mix with "asymmetrical balance". Id rather see 1v1s balanced before any other game mode.

You gotta look both ways to atleast some degree, otherwise your view will get pretty one sided.

I play both sides alot, ive been fighting leig spammers all week.
28 Sep 2015, 06:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 06:53 AMCorsin

Ofc there is, its called a tank.

Ofc there is, but its impossible to balance both when you have 5 factions in the mix with "asymmetrical balance". Id rather see 1v1s balanced before any other game mode.

I play both sides alot, ive been fighting leig spammers all week.

You can get up 4x Leigs and bunkerdown waaay before a tank arrives, and then the OKW most likely already dominated most of the map (depending on which map it is of course, leig spam aint that relevant on all of them.) But of course you can do pretty much the same with 2x USF, but thats a really uninteresting way to play the game. So yeah, a tank comes to late to be a proper counter to a bunch of artillery pieces guarded by shreks and raketenwerfers at that.

Anyways, lets just agree that both the Pack howitzer and the Leig should be nerfed.

28 Sep 2015, 07:05 AM

You can get up 4x Leigs and bunkerdown waaay before a tank arrives, and then the OKW most likely already dominated most of the map (depending on which map it is of course, leig spam aint that relevant on all of them.) But of course you can do pretty much the same with 2x USF, but thats a really uninteresting way to play the game. So yeah, a tank comes to late to be a proper counter to a bunch of artillery pieces guarded by shreks and raketenwerfers at that.

Anyways, lets just agree that both the Pack howitzer and the Leig should be nerfed.

I said that 4 posts ago lol.

Keep in mind tho if the OKW player is spending MP on 4 liegs in the early game... One would question what your 1280mp was doing in the meantime.
28 Sep 2015, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 07:05 AMCorsin

I said that 4 posts ago lol.

Keep in mind tho if the OKW player is spending MP on 4 liegs in the early game... One would question what your 1280mp was doing in the meantime.

Laying on the ground with a red triangle above them :foreveralone:
28 Sep 2015, 07:24 AM

Heavy Engineers retarded WutFace

Free LMG and 2 Armour, which is more than Shocks. Combine that with their Vet 3 -33% Received Accuracy and 13MP reinforce, it's kind of retarded. The reinforce alone is the cheapest in the game, lower than Osttruppen (16) and Soviet Weapon Teams (15).

The E8 is worse than the Panther in almost everyway and costs marginally less, i think its fine that way.

35 fuel difference is a bit more than marginal, the difference between the E8 and Panzer IV is only 15 and yet the E8 beats the P4 in a slug-fest 100% of the time.
28 Sep 2015, 07:36 AM

Free LMG and 2 Armour, which is more than Shocks. Combine that with their Vet 3 -33% Received Accuracy and 13MP reinforce, it's kind of retarded. The reinforce alone is the cheapest in the game, lower than Osttruppen (16) and Soviet Weapon Teams (15).

35 fuel difference is a bit more than marginal, the difference between the E8 and Panzer IV is only 15 and yet the E8 beats the P4 in a slug-fest 100% of the time.

True, kick it up with 10-15 fuel and call it a day then.
28 Sep 2015, 07:43 AM

In my opinion Axis didn't get any buffs, where as the allies only got buffed. Axis currently is underperfoming. Even with the same amount of tanks brits punch through it. Allies got strong early game, strong mid game and even late game. Where as axis has to try to defend and keep it's spot to hope to make a spearhead.
28 Sep 2015, 07:44 AM

True on the Ez8 vs Pz4. Except when you're going OKW Pz4, then it's pretty easy, since the Ez8 got some more trouble to penetrare the armour.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★