Login

russian armor

Fallschirmjager FG-42 poll

25 Sep 2015, 12:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 12:39 PMrejfor

When I play 3v3 and 4v4 it happens pretty often.

Also it's absurdly easily to kill poor BM-13 with'em on some maps - first click to spawn, second click to faust it, FG-42 will quickly end it. Yes, it'd be good either to remove their house spawn ability (why they cannot paradrop on targeted location? they're FALLSCHIRMjagers after all) or make FG-42 an upgrade (it worked fine in COH1, why it cannot be in COH2?)

thats the issue, you expect proper balance in large teamgames.
25 Sep 2015, 12:54 PM

Found your problem. Just accept 3vs3+ games as they are. Balance is based upon 1vs1 & 2vs2 (and that is good!)

Also think about your bias. If Falls need to pay for their DPS, so should Commandos & Shocks - that's simple justice.

I personally don't even use Falls in 2vs2+ games because their cost for their performance is too high in my opinion. That's why I exclusively lose them in 1vs1 and only in the case when I can't go Schwere Panzer HQ for whatever reason, because Obers are still better than Falls.
25 Sep 2015, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 12:30 PMrejfor
plus they can't appear behind mgs and at-guns IN FOG OF WAR.

Partisans are saying "hi". Oh, and they appear in early - early game too, behind you newly built mortar, hmg etc.
25 Sep 2015, 12:56 PM

relich should not name the unit fallshicmjager because its a disgrace to the unit that fighted in world war 2 this unit dont do justice to the name....they suck hard in this game along with obers especailly after the allied late game infy buffs and brits of course.Okw Elite My ASS

Fallschirmjäger in late 1944 early 1945 were just glorified Infantrymen. There were a lot of new recruits, they didn't drop from planes, and they fought as Infantry. They pretty much kept the title simply because they were managed by the Luftwaffe instead of the Wehrmacht.

Not to mention the FG 42 was a squad support weapon like the BAR, if we were to be realistic only 1 man would have an FG 42 and the rest would have Kar or MP 40.
25 Sep 2015, 12:57 PM

Theres nothing wrong with Falls, at all....

Fairly good, super expensive.

If youre struggling vs them in team games... get a centaur, or KV8 and melt them.

Also putting mines infront of doorways, is a good way to 1 shot them, i even use flares sometimes....

10 ammo for a 440 mp squad wipe, pretty damn worth it lol.
25 Sep 2015, 13:01 PM

OT

25 Sep 2015, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 13:01 PMRMMLz
As far as I know, STG44 was the first assault rifle and FG-42 was the first Battle Rifle, and it was meant to be used as a personal weapon for infantry man.

FG 42 was basically used as a lighter alternative to the Machine Gun, since weight is a concern when you're jumping out of airplanes.
25 Sep 2015, 13:08 PM

FG 42 was basically used as a lighter alternative to the Machine Gun, since weight is a concern when you're jumping out of airplanes.

I'm gonna have to research that, but thanks.
25 Sep 2015, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 10:31 AMrejfor
I think it's pretty unfair that Fallschirmjagers appear on battlefield with pretty strong weapons ready.

That remark suggests to me you haven't actually played much with them have you? (I can't view your player card to reveal).

Hey I'm only a OKW puppy myself, but in playing them so far I've learned this.

They aren't the Fallschirmjägers of COH.

Apart from being doctrinal and meaning that they require that sacrifice, as someone else pointed out, Fallschirmjägers are absurdly expensive infantry at 440MP, not cheap to reinforce either which is a double whammy because despite their FG42, they are fragile and not especially fast at killing at any range, especially up close where Soviet Shock troops will rape them. If you want to have a whinge about insta appearing insta kill everything inf, whinge about Commandos with Stens.

Blobbing Falls is asking to lose IMV. 440MP ea, one 'nade or mortar round. ÜberOUCH!

OKW has a great MP income.

That's true, of advantage early, but with equal significant disadvantage on most maps because of a complete lack of immediate access in opening game to pinning weapons such as an MG.

It's really "low risk-high reward" unit

Use them a little 1v1 auto and you will change your opinion of them as a Wunderwaffe I suspect. I seldom ever deploy them when choosing Luftwaffe now because of their relative cost vs effiacy. Yes, they can be useful, but are highly situational. Usually, there are simply more effective options. As for blobbing them, I don't do it nor recommend it.

That said, admittedly OKW is my weakest play. Even when I am utterly dominating map control and attritionally with them to end game which without boasting is actually 75% of the time as a conservative guesstimate, I find my end game with them then all too frequently fails due their lack of all roundedness, especially that they are forcibly a generally infantry heavy faction because of that ridiculous crippled 66% resource model (fuel starvation) whilst versing plentiful Allied ÜberOP onboard and call in artillery and air strikes = insta wipe of many models offering them inf IMBA for quick map domination map domination, lots of fuel & MP they don't need to spend replacing lost to press button arty = + lots of armour = DEFEAT.

Fallschirmjägers are fine as they are, if anything underwhelming for cost and deserving of a buff.
25 Sep 2015, 13:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 11:26 AMl4hti
CoH2 version sounds like low velocity carbine or something

I think your comment applies to all the sounds in COH2. Lazy arsed studio artificial sampling. All the vehicles sound like the same Chevvy truck driven by either Mongoose or Snakebite, but sampled at different volume levels. Lots of marketing hype unmatched by the underwhelming game experience.

Maybe I just need to drop a meagre <NOT> $1k on a GPU, but arty in COH2 is underwhelming in comparison with arty in COH, esp Brit arty and creeping barrage or Victor Target! Just wow!
25 Sep 2015, 19:18 PM

if even Katitof says that a German unit is clearly not OP then it is CLEARLY NOT OP.
25 Sep 2015, 19:35 PM

Fg42 are fine. If nerfed, Then that doctrine is next to useless. Not to mention one ability is 100 muni, the other ability is 250. So you expect to use their special infantry to have amother ammo upgrade? Naaa I need mines and pshrecks and nades too buddy
25 Sep 2015, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 13:40 PMWerw0lf

I think your comment applies to all the sounds in COH2. Lazy arsed studio artificial sampling. All the vehicles sound like the same Chevvy truck driven by either Mongoose or Snakebite, but sampled at different volume levels. Lots of marketing hype unmatched by the underwhelming game experience.

Maybe I just need to drop a meagre <NOT> $1k on a GPU, but arty in COH2 is underwhelming in comparison with arty in COH, esp Brit arty and creeping barrage or Victor Target! Just wow!

You do know that almost all sounds in CoH2 are recorded and are not synthesized in studio, like they did in vCoH. You can even find videos.

Sorry, OT.
26 Sep 2015, 04:18 AM

I think they're ok. I like team games, so im happy to see falls, because that means no ridiculous jagdtiger super unit to deal with later
26 Sep 2015, 06:29 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Indeed, from what I can tell, it's a BAR in many ways - both fired full-powered rifle rounds automatically, both were intended to be mobile automatic rifles, both used 20-round magazines (:p), both suffered from control issues when fired fully-automatically that ultimately had them fail to achieve their intended purposes. Just the difference was one was heavier, giving it a weight problem but alleviating the control issues when fired from a static position, while the other had no weight issues but left its fully-automatic capabilities just plain poor.
26 Sep 2015, 07:00 AM

Only nerf I would like to see, but for all units popping from ambient building is to only pop from building in enemy fog of war. Popping a unit right on the top of enemy lines just because there is a building is zero-skill level.
26 Sep 2015, 07:39 AM

I am totally agree if you give falls their coh1 fg42 stats and their coh1 vet back.

But then better prepare templates for qq threads about 3 defensive vet3 fj terminators raping poor infantry.

On a serious note, WTF? OKW elite infantry sucks hard already. Fj doubly so. And you want to nerf them more? Oh lol.
26 Sep 2015, 07:59 AM

They were pretty badass when WFA got released but after everyone was like "OMG Stahp dis bullshit!!°!" they got nerfted to what I like to call a Manpowersink.
26 Sep 2015, 12:00 PM

Stop reading this thread after OP post
26 Sep 2015, 12:34 PM

Okay guys, I understand everything. Thanks for your opinions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★