Login

russian armor

Overall Balance

22 Sep 2015, 17:39 PM

Now that the brits stats are out, only recent but you can still use other methods to see their performance the last few weeks, it is a bit easier to see overall balance. Balance topics are often very subjective but stats while they do have their flaws can also be useful tools.

Both axis factions currently have lower win ratios than all 3 allied factions in all brackets. They even have lower win ratios than the Brits in 1v1. At first I thought this was weird considering the amount of crying about Brits in 1v1, but then watching streamers and looking at the ladders, its clear they are not actually doing that bad. Often hearing 'unplayable' but then thats kind of stupid when brits are clearly winning 1v1 games.

I mean all this crying about the Brits and Leigs, but OKW have almost always been the weakest faction in 1v1 but were strong in team games, but even in team games they get torn apart.

There are still endless axis OP threads, but if they are so OP why do allies have better win ratios across the board?

Also even look at OCF, multiple 2:1 wins where the only wins were when the players were playing allies, I mean even sprice playing like a bit of a fool almost won a game just playing dreadful and blobbing and spamming and pretty much played like such a fool he lost himself the game (arty on his own troops).

I generally play all factions but the leaderboards, the statistics and even OCF show axis suffering and yet the forums still want axis nerfed and allies buffed, I don't get it.

22 Sep 2015, 18:01 PM

(...) brits are clearly winning 1v1 games.

That couldn't be further from the truth. I mean yes, in a leteral sense good players will always win their majority of 1v1 games, but brits do really struggle in a competetive 1v1 scenario.

(...) sprice playing like a bit of a fool almost won a game just playing dreadful

Sprice style of gameplay may look noobish and cheap to a lot of observers, but he is an excellent player and played really well in the mentioned tourney.
22 Sep 2015, 18:10 PM

Brits and OKW are the weakest 1v1 factions while USF and SOV still keep abusing 1v1 players.
22 Sep 2015, 22:21 PM

and cheap to a lot of observers, but he is an excellent player and played really well in the mentioned tourney.

While it may not be noobish it absolutely is cheap. He basically finds something in the game that is broken and abuses it until it's fixed. Now this doesn't make him stupid, quite the opposite really, but it does make him kind of a dick for abusing things that are obviously not intended.

Cheese is nothing new in RTS, but in CoH2 generally the higher level you go the more cheese you encounter, when it's normally the opposite in most other modern RTS games.
22 Sep 2015, 22:30 PM

At present, Ostheer is pretty much trash tier vs meta play from any faction, with the possible exception of brits. There are simply US/Sov builds OH has no answer to given a parity in skill levels, be that flamer blob, or Partisans, or what have you. Its gotten quite frustrating really. In fact, I think OKW right now might be the stronger of the axis factions.
22 Sep 2015, 22:38 PM

Average effectiveness in all game modes, best to worst.

Ostheer
Soviets
OKW
USF
Brits

22 Sep 2015, 22:39 PM

Now that the brits stats are out, only recent but you can still use other methods to see their performance the last few weeks, it is a bit easier to see overall balance. Balance topics are often very subjective but stats while they do have their flaws can also be useful tools.

Both axis factions currently have lower win ratios than all 3 allied factions in all brackets. They even have lower win ratios than the Brits in 1v1. At first I thought this was weird considering the amount of crying about Brits in 1v1, but then watching streamers and looking at the ladders, its clear they are not actually doing that bad. Often hearing 'unplayable' but then thats kind of stupid when brits are clearly winning 1v1 games.

I mean all this crying about the Brits and Leigs, but OKW have almost always been the weakest faction in 1v1 but were strong in team games, but even in team games they get torn apart.

There are still endless axis OP threads, but if they are so OP why do allies have better win ratios across the board?

Also even look at OCF, multiple 2:1 wins where the only wins were when the players were playing allies, I mean even sprice playing like a bit of a fool almost won a game just playing dreadful and blobbing and spamming and pretty much played like such a fool he lost himself the game (arty on his own troops).

I generally play all factions but the leaderboards, the statistics and even OCF show axis suffering and yet the forums still want axis nerfed and allies buffed, I don't get it.

+1
23 Sep 2015, 00:07 AM

OKW has major faction-design problems. Not going to comment on them.

Ostheer's in a bad place right now because they're forced to play defensively against Soviet and US light vehicles until they get T3 out. Only then are you on equal footing with the Allied factions.
23 Sep 2015, 00:11 AM
Donator 11

I'm pretty sure Sprice doesn't abuse.

If the USF pop cap thing was abusive then relic would have fixed it by now. But I always here that they confirmed it was intended...

On a side note, after this "hot"fix comes "soon" I suspect balance will be in one of the better states it has been in.

OpieOP
23 Sep 2015, 00:15 AM

The balance is pretty good except for some glaring issues they've just introduced, and many parts of the UKF which are comparable to release OKW.
23 Sep 2015, 00:17 AM

OKW has major faction-design problems. Not going to comment on them.

Ostheer's in a bad place right now because they're forced to play defensively against Soviet and US light vehicles until they get T3 out. Only then are you on equal footing with the Allied factions.

You're not remotely on equal footing with Sovs or US because A: Soviet meta can either go mass SU 76 with the odd Zis which completely negates OH T3, or transition into lend-lease Shermans or IS-2, and US will just spam Easy-8s or M10s both of which...you guessed it...hardcounter OH T3.
Not to mention that with the recent changes, Grens don't trade effectively anymore in the lategame vs Allied inf.
23 Sep 2015, 00:18 AM

If the USF pop cap thing was abusive then relic would have fixed it by now. But I always here that they confirmed it was intended...

If it was intended, then US Tanks would have 4 popcap and USF would have no limit. But it's something that exploits unintended game mechanics to get you free resources from nothing. It's abuse.
23 Sep 2015, 00:22 AM
Donator 11

If it was intended, then US Tanks would have 4 popcap and USF would have no limit. But it's something that exploits unintended game mechanics to get you free resources from nothing. It's abuse.

I mean, I doubt relic has gone almost 1.5 years since the start of WFA Alpha and it has never even come across their mind.

I guess the easiest fix would be something to implement that no faction can go over its pop cap ever, so like if you were at 99 you couldn't crew a team weapon or take a vehicle.
23 Sep 2015, 00:25 AM

Or they could make the vehicle crew use the same amount of pop-cap as the vehicle they ride around in.
23 Sep 2015, 00:27 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Average effectiveness in all game modes, best to worst.

Ostheer
Soviets
OKW
USF
Brits

This overall generalisation of things just hurts.
aaa
23 Sep 2015, 00:28 AM

i reaally think they must forbid questioning balance Whatsosever. Cuz its 90% of the time its just a noob whine (or relative to better players whine) and not a balance issue at all.
So all 4 factions are equal overall. And questioning that is not allowed.
23 Sep 2015, 00:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 00:28 AMaaa
i reaally think they must forbid questioning balance Whatsosever. Cuz its 90% of the time its just a noob whine (or relative to better players whine) and not a balance issue at all.
So all 4 factions are equal overall. And questioning that is not allowed.

Nice self-description there.

@ the OP... Brits lack early game, and are too good endgame. Good players will always have good win/loss ratios even with the under-dog factions.
23 Sep 2015, 01:06 AM

On a side note, after this "hot"fix comes "soon" I suspect balance will be in one of the better states it has been in.

OpieOP

Sprice does in fact abuse, maybe sometimes not in the literal sense but he does what can easily be called "cheese" (cheese being defined as a strat that unless the enemy is 100% prepared will net a win, but be totally ineffective if the enemy is prepared). This isn't calling him a bad player, rather, just kinda a dick sometimes.

And the USF popcap bug was never fixed because Relic couldn't figure out how to fix it so it essentially just entered the land of "not intended but never going to actually be fixed". Really the biggest effect this has is making Priests very easy to accumulate because you can keep them decrewed until you need a barrage.

hardcounter OH T3

This wouldn't be such an issue if Ostheer had reasonable access to all it's tiers, which it currently doesn't.
23 Sep 2015, 01:07 AM

This isn't calling him a bad player, rather, just kinda a dick sometimes.
:lol::lol::lol:
23 Sep 2015, 01:09 AM

I love how ignorant here everyone here is concerning coh2chart.com which states clearly both axis factions are UP in 1vs1 & 2vs2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★