Login

russian armor

Haven't seen a single bofors or 17lber since patch

21 Sep 2015, 21:38 PM

As predicted, relic over nerfed brace, so bofors and 17lber are made unviable due to their cost and low HP. The mortar pit is still useful if placed conservatively and the enemy doesn't focus it down

You may as well remove emplacements and re-balance the faction without them.

Take a cue from blizzard and make small adjustments. ~5% buff or nerf to nudge units into balance. Multiple sweeping changes to a large portion of the games units is probably the worst way to do things.
21 Sep 2015, 21:53 PM

totaly agree about the 5% change
21 Sep 2015, 21:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 21:38 PMArclyte

You may as well remove emplacements and re-balance the faction without them.

please yes

YES!!!!

21 Sep 2015, 22:01 PM

I'd say its 50% overnerf 50% players still adjusting on how to use them correctly with the new Brace. I've seen a few Bofors used well myself but at same times I've see many more Brit teammates have emplacements get rekt and then have our side unravel shortly thereafter. Doesn't help that ISG is overperforming at the moment either.

17 Pounder is definitely overpriced Fuel and Popcap wise though IMO- that I don't expect to see often at all aside from Arranged Teams who have the Brit player use them specifically.
21 Sep 2015, 22:06 PM
Donator 11

I saw a bofors since patch...

It was used to guard the cutoff on Langres south and never fired :foreveralone:
21 Sep 2015, 22:06 PM

21 Sep 2015, 22:10 PM

Take a cue from blizzard and make small adjustments. ~5% buff or nerf to nudge units into balance. Multiple sweeping changes to a large portion of the games units is probably the worst way to do things.

In computer science there is something called a binary search. Essentially you find two extremes and take the mid point and keep dividing the search space by two with the direction depending on buff or nerf. Changing by 5% each time is the much slower and less efficient alternative. Smaller linear changes are fine once you've had years of testing and know almost precisely where the balance is. I believe the heavy-handedness lies somewhat in this; for example they changed T34 pop from 12->8 (note 8 is an extreme; less and infantry squads could cost more pop), then increased it to 10 (the midpoint) when they decided it needed to be increased.
21 Sep 2015, 22:13 PM

I prefer this over the cancerous state from the previous patch. It was ridiculous that an emplacement took about 20 Pak hits when caught without support. More so it was plain stupid that you could toggle the emplacement to fire a salvo, annihilate the attacking squad and then switch back to brace.

Brace is a dumb concept to begin with and does not deserve a place in this game.
21 Sep 2015, 22:18 PM

I put bofors yesterday in 1v1 on the retreat path of my enemy

No need to say more :megusta:

But yea, they are useless right now 8/10 cases.

Remember that emplacement is countered not when killed but when braced, that's why previous state was quite good. Constat fore from leig/mortar forced to constant brace which was perfect solution.

Your leig is not killing anything but on the other hand emplacement is on brace all the time so it's not killing as well.
22 Sep 2015, 01:46 AM

I don't like the way emplacements are anyway, I would have rather had them like the Pak 43 with a crew, instead of the MG Bunker with invincible man. The all-or-nothing existence of these emplacements makes it really hard to balance them, because there are only 3 options: overpowered and destructible, underpowered and indestructible, or not worth it.

I mean, maybe they could base the rate-of-fire on their health or something, and increase the risk of abandonment when health goes under 50%, and increase to 100% when health is under 20%. Then make Brace a toggle that disables abandonment. That might work.
22 Sep 2015, 01:57 AM
Patrion 28

In computer science there is something called a binary search. Essentially you find two extremes and take the mid point and keep dividing the search space by two with the direction depending on buff or nerf. Changing by 5% each time is the much slower and less efficient alternative. Smaller linear changes are fine once you've had years of testing and know almost precisely where the balance is. I believe the heavy-handedness lies somewhat in this; for example they changed T34 pop from 12->8 (note 8 is an extreme; less and infantry squads could cost more pop), then increased it to 10 (the midpoint) when they decided it needed to be increased.

relic's other issue is that they tend to go from one extreme to the other and then forget they were working on it and never touch it again.
22 Sep 2015, 02:02 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I put bofors yesterday in 1v1 on the retreat path of my enemy

No need to say more :megusta:

S-Mines took all of the performance-enhancing drugs.
22 Sep 2015, 06:10 AM

I use them as defensive structures protecting my lines or cut offs and not stupidly overextended parked on an enemy cut offs or VPs like it was used before.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★