Login

russian armor

Those stupid leiG spam

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
22 Sep 2015, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 01:30 AMVuther

First: The OP technically spoke of leiG spam, so what's shown there doesn't apply to their topic.

The OKW wasn't floating MP unlike the SU, orr needed to spend his MP on AT. It's explaining why the leIG buffs were needed and why the whining needs to end.
22 Sep 2015, 09:39 AM
Donator 11

At this point I actually would trade the removal of the LEIG for a cheaper stuka because a LEIG shuts down infantry movement constantly; the stuka is comparatively easy to dodge and infrequent. Even this sentiment comes from someone who never liked the stuka's magical perfect line shot.
22 Sep 2015, 09:53 AM

Brits are completely unplayable vs OKW now. Unless your opponent is terrible.

• Emplacements are completely useless now. The 400 manpower 'mortar' and Bofors structure is countered by 1 ISGun.
  • WASP is a completely pointless upgrade. It barely tickles enemy units and is only good to scare your opponent out of structures for the 30 second window this unit is useful. The vickers does more damage, is more accurate and more effective at everything. WASP cannot kill anything. It gives you 0 leverage in the early game, which was the only springboard Brits had to actually get anything done in the mid.
  • Snipers, while useful, are also countered by the mighty ISGun - just bombard the general location the shot came from and you'll have a high chance of hitting it. You will at least completely scare the sniper out of the general area because those SNIPERGuns are deadly.
  • If OKW manages to secure a defensive position with these guns you have no way of pushing until T3 or until you can requisition the 4CP 500Manpower commandos, which, you guessed it, also lose to ISGuns if one lands within a 100m radius of them. Gee i wonder why there's so many OKW players on ladder right now?
  • Brace is a completely redundant ability for a redundant set of structures. I mean really, what is the point in it? To delay the inevitable and not make us feel completely helpless while observing its slow destruction?
  • You are not a defensive faction vs OKW, you are a hopeless pushing faction that has no way to punish defensive positions until T3.
  • Now that the smoke has settled, (you know, like a week after Brits release) players actually know how to play against Brits (turns out if you give it some time, people manage to find counters) - and due to Relics absolutely window-lickingingly retarded, knee jerkingly derp Balance team, its been made 100x easier regardless. Is anyone even playing Brits in the tournament?

I guess I'm supposed to go and buy Vanguard now, to have a chance to win or something? After all i just bought Rifle company, which seemed like the only way to win with USF too. Thank you Relic, instead of trying to balance your bank account, try balancing the game first.

P.S I feel sorry for anyone playing for real money in COH2. It's a disaster and always will be.
22 Sep 2015, 10:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 09:53 AMdTox
-snip-

+100000

When Relic decides to buff/nerf something it either becomes OP or useless. Hopefully more hotfixes will come.
22 Sep 2015, 10:55 AM

Naaaaaaah, all you wrong.....jhonnyb is the only one to know the truth:

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 12:48 PMJohnnyB

My build order as OKW includes currently at least one of them and I don't get what the fuck are you talking about. Yes, it's performing slightly better than in the past, but it's certainly not a "wow!" case. On the field, pack howie it's still better, stats or no stats.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 12:41 PMJohnnyB
Stop with this nerfing nonsense about ISG. It barely worth it's price and to feel the difference you have to build 2. You won't notice it's existence if it's just one on the field.

If ISG is to good than how should we call the pack howie? OP like fuck? :loco:
Wtf you will complain about next? Ostruppen?
22 Sep 2015, 15:14 PM

JohnnyB, ever the voice of unbias and equality between factions..
22 Sep 2015, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 15:14 PMsamich
JohnnyB, ever the voice of unbias and equality between factions..
22 Sep 2015, 16:59 PM

Complain all you want about johnny he does have a point. im getting some very subpar arguments why the leigh is op and basically it can be summed up as that being simply effective and not a waste of space makes it op. it still has no where near the one shot potential as other mortars or the pak howie
22 Sep 2015, 17:11 PM

I think the LeiG is WAY too efficient for the low amount of micro a OKW player has to invest into this unit.

In my oppinion the LeiG (and Pak Howie) would be way more balanced, if their accuracy depended on the amount of shotblockers in their way.

This would reward the OKW player for microing his LeiG into and out of dangerous zones.

Also it would give the allied player a higher chance to take the LeiG out, since it had to be closer to the fighting areas to be efficient.
22 Sep 2015, 17:28 PM

If Leig spam is so bad then why do all allies factions have a higher win ratio in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 than OKW?

Even the brits have a higher win ratio in 1v1 than okw.

Leigs are god damn annoying to play against I will admit, but nerfing a faction that is doing worse than all allied factions seems stupid.
22 Sep 2015, 17:47 PM

If Leig spam is so bad then why do all allies factions have a higher win ratio in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 than OKW?

Even the brits have a higher win ratio in 1v1 than okw.

Leigs are god damn annoying to play against I will admit, but nerfing a faction that is doing worse than all allied factions seems stupid.

using the data from UKF opening weeks is retarded
22 Sep 2015, 17:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 17:47 PMArclyte

What about the data for OCF? Allies have a 2:1 win ratio so far.
22 Sep 2015, 17:56 PM

Ok then, if Leig spam is this dreadful then why in OCF are allies dominating?

Or is using that as a point also retarded? Is the fact allies are winning more games in general than OKW despite these super OP leigs retarded?

I bet if stats said okw were top you would say leig so op look at stats.

Also funny seeing people in these threads saying how OP leigs are but also saying they won that game vs them.

22 Sep 2015, 18:14 PM

Because OCF is a joke 1v1 tournament? How much shit is banned due to terrible balance decisions and crippling bugs? You can't use data with so many ridiculous variables up in the air.

Leigs constantly fire from relative safety and suppress/pin infantry way too easily. Every OKW player makes 2 of them, and they are a constant and major threat.

I've been playing OKW recently, and I just sit them next to a truck and let them AFK-fire laser guided bombs that lets me win nearly every engagement. Get vision with Volks -> let leigs suppress -> charge with sturms. It's obnoxious and easy.
22 Sep 2015, 18:31 PM

Hes not using data from UKF opening weeks
http://coh2chart.com/
22 Sep 2015, 21:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 18:14 PMArclyte
Because OCF is a joke 1v1 tournament? How much shit is banned due to terrible balance decisions and crippling bugs? You can't use data with so many ridiculous variables up in the air.

Leigs constantly fire from relative safety and suppress/pin infantry way too easily. Every OKW player makes 2 of them, and they are a constant and major threat.

I've been playing OKW recently, and I just sit them next to a truck and let them AFK-fire laser guided bombs that lets me win nearly every engagement. Get vision with Volks -> let leigs suppress -> charge with sturms. It's obnoxious and easy.
Plus you have to take into consideration barely anyone is using Brits in OCF. Can't use Vickers mg, can't use croc, have to worry about gliders hiting an unseen OKW structure causing you a boot from the tourney. I would have postponed the tournament until after the hotfix and given it a couple days to reevaluate the ban list.
22 Sep 2015, 22:16 PM

Because OCF is a joke 1v1 tournament? How much shit is banned due to terrible balance decisions and crippling bugs? You can't use data with so many ridiculous variables up in the air

The fact so many broken things are banned actually makes the tournament a good indicator of general faction balance because it's operating in an environment were extremes are excluded. The high win rate of Allies in the tournament is also nothing new; the past 5 tournaments were all won by Allied armies it's just a lot more pronounced now.

I would this this is caused by several nerfs to Axis early game (sniper, Flack Track, mortar) along with several early game buffs for Allies on top of a lot of late game buffs as well. The old dynamic of Allies > Axis early game Axis = Allies mid game and Axis > Allies late game as been replaced with Allies >> Axis early game Allies > Axis mid game and Axis = Allies late game.

This creates a scenario were the Axis factions can't capitalize on their late game powerful units because they will always be on the back foot and down map control throughout most of the game. So by the time late game does come around they are to behind to make up the difference.

I'm speaking in general here of course, each individual map up has it's own quirks.
23 Sep 2015, 02:03 AM

Yeah most of the stuff that got banned are allied units and they are still winning even without the blatantly op units. and what you describe is something the usf player can also do and a lot better with pak howies.
23 Sep 2015, 02:27 AM

So your argument for everything is 'doesn't count'.

Think about it for a second, most of the banned stuff is ally related. In a tournament where most of the OP ally stuff is banned, allies are still dominating, auto match doesn't even have the luxury of being able to ban all the OP ally stuff.

So again how is Leig OP if allies are dominating so hard?
23 Sep 2015, 02:50 AM

So your argument for everything is 'doesn't count'.

Think about it for a second, most of the banned stuff is ally related. In a tournament where most of the OP ally stuff is banned, allies are still dominating, auto match doesn't even have the luxury of being able to ban all the OP ally stuff.

So again how is Leig OP if allies are dominating so hard?

That's a good point about who got banned mainly. And yess allies continued to dominate this tournament. If k have time this week I'm going to look at all seeded games and calculate win loss ratio per faction. Maybe this is because allies are only better when your micro is at the top end of the bell curve but the trend in the upper levels of play is for them to win a large majority of games. Doesn't mean certain axis units might not need a nerd though just that there are more allies units needing nerf
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS