LeIG is too effective

PAGES (10)down
11 Sep 2015, 11:47 AM

L2P and flank.

Also, smoke.

Kappa
11 Sep 2015, 12:20 PM

isn't it like this with all mortars?

one of the biggest reason why the 81mm mortar got a rate of fire nerf.

Yeah, 40 MP more expensive because it takes 4 deaths to decrew opposed to the ISG's 3. And the Pack Howi has larger AoE (meaning more reliable suppression) and it's vet is light years ahead of the ISG's.

the pack howitzer might have bigger AOE, but it's also got shorter range and less mobility. The gunshield on the LeIG also dramatically increase its survivability compared to the pack.

A big factor in gun survivability is keeping the current gunners alive. If one of the active gunner died, the gun stop moving as one of the spare crew take his place. The pack howitzer gunners are unprotected and will usually die first. this lead to the crew getting stunned lock as the spare take his place and try to move again.

LeIG gunners are much better protected doesn't have the same problem. The better range and mobility also allow it to keep up with your troops troops. Meanwhile the pack howitzer have trouble keeping up with the US rifleman.

11 Sep 2015, 12:28 PM

dat comparison with the Pak Howitzer:foreveralone:

but yea the LeIG needs a price increase cause it outperforms the pack howitzer that costs 40 more mp and is utter trash at anything WHILE the LeIG can also damage tanks and light vehicles so yea....
11 Sep 2015, 12:36 PM

LeIG is a pain in the ass, but the pack howie is probably better. Survivability wise the LeIG is better
11 Sep 2015, 12:37 PM

That stupid kraut gun keeps killing my Brit infantry, please nerf it into the ground.
11 Sep 2015, 12:41 PM

Stop with this nerfing nonsense about ISG. It barely worth it's price and to feel the difference you have to build 2. You won't notice it's existence if it's just one on the field.

If ISG is to good than how should we call the pack howie? OP like fuck? :loco:
Wtf you will complain about next? Ostruppen?
11 Sep 2015, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 12:41 PMJohnnyB
Stop with this nerfing nonsense about ISG. It barely worth it's price and to feel the difference you have to build 2. You won't notice it's existence if it's just one on the field.

If ISG is to good than how should we call the pack howie? OP like fuck? :loco:
Wtf you will complain about next? Ostruppen?

It was barely worth is price 100 mp ago.
Its one of the most effective and efficient units of this kind and post patch, with turbomortar nerf there won't be a better one.
11 Sep 2015, 12:45 PM

This unit is too mindless. Its long range allows it to be dropped in place by the player and left. There it can rack up kills without any input from player. The unit needs nerfs in some form.
11 Sep 2015, 12:46 PM

Not commenting on Le-IG stats here, but could it possibly be because of 4 man instead of 5 man squads? (brit compared to okw volks)
11 Sep 2015, 12:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 12:45 PMKatitof

It was barely worth is price 100 mp ago.
Its one of the most effective and efficient units of this kind and post patch, with turbomortar nerf there won't be a better one.

My build order as OKW includes currently at least one of them and I don't get what the fuck are you talking about. Yes, it's performing slightly better than in the past, but it's certainly not a "wow!" case. On the field, pack howie it's still better, stats or no stats.
11 Sep 2015, 12:56 PM

This unit is too mindless. Its long range allows it to be dropped in place by the player and left. There it can rack up kills without any input from player. The unit needs nerfs in some form.

It's essentially a mortar with a longer reload and less AoE, what exactly in your mind makes the small 1 shot capability of the ISG not okay compared to that of the Pack Howis (which got buffed as well) and all the other light artillery such as mortars in the game?

The reason why you let it "sit there" is because it's barrage is shite.

EDIT: Again I should impress that this is the only MP only indirect available to OKW and a nerf to it would be a huge kick in the balls for OKW in 1v1 and 2v2 were you can't rely on your Ost friends turbo mortar to save you.
11 Sep 2015, 13:51 PM

5 games played tonight as Brit, lost em all. Axis players are catching onto how fucking vulnerable double brit is and working out their weaknesses. 2 of them were sniper cheese via Ostheer, 3 were Turbomortar / LeiG based. Wracking my brain trying to work out how you're supposed to counter double LeiG, since they're so damned effective at suppressing your mortar pits and attacking the positions usually ends up with numerous model snipes (i.e. instant retreat).

I want a fucking time machine to go back 8 months and punch the living crap out of whomever thought it would be fun to bring back emplacements. Please delete all emplacements and give the brits a regular mortar.
11 Sep 2015, 14:20 PM

5 games played tonight as Brit, lost em all. Axis players are catching onto how fucking vulnerable double brit is and working out their weaknesses. 2 of them were sniper cheese via Ostheer, 3 were Turbomortar / LeiG based. Wracking my brain trying to work out how you're supposed to counter double LeiG, since they're so damned effective at suppressing your mortar pits and attacking the positions usually ends up with numerous model snipes (i.e. instant retreat).

I want a fucking time machine to go back 8 months and punch the living crap out of whomever thought it would be fun to bring back emplacements. Please delete all emplacements and give the brits a regular mortar.
Stall for a tank. Brits really don't have any other answer, because they're a poorly designed faction. That doesn't mean the Leig is overpowered.
11 Sep 2015, 14:37 PM

Stall for a tank. Brits really don't have any other answer, because they're a poorly designed faction. That doesn't mean the Leig is overpowered.

They are designed correctly, they are just poorly balanced.
AEC for example used to be cheaper then now fuel-wise so you could get a pair quickly and early, which gave you the ability to stand on your own in mid game, but you still had to rush tech in early game.
11 Sep 2015, 14:47 PM

Problem is not isg but British lack of possibilities to kill or even pressure isg. 400 mp mortar pit which dies to single isg and would be nerfed in next patch as bad of a counter to isg as infantry section which deals no damage out of cover.

Bofors can suppress and deal some damage to isg with it barrage ability, but that ability cooldown soooooo long that putting one isg out of action for couple of seconds would hardly change a thing.

But as being sad, problem is not isg, british vulnerability to any form of indirect fire is. Wehr turbo mortars and mortarHTcs wreck brits even harder for cheaper price. IMO, british infantry should take less damage from indirect fire in general.

p.s. I love how relic nerfed german mortar but not german mortatHT in preview patch. More meta for meta god!
11 Sep 2015, 15:05 PM

LeIG is a pain in the ass, but the pack howie is probably better. Survivability wise the LeIG is better

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 12:48 PMJohnnyB

My build order as OKW includes currently at least one of them and I don't get what the fuck are you talking about. Yes, it's performing slightly better than in the past, but it's certainly not a "wow!" case. On the field, pack howie it's still better, stats or no stats.

This is the truth and i also agree with Alexandar.
I think the LEIG should be better than the Soviet Mortars and the USHowitzer becouse the allies have bigger squadsizes and have better scaling indirect fire.

I would say either buff the LEIG or reduce its cost by 1/3 maybe

11 Sep 2015, 15:07 PM

Buff LeIG more?
11 Sep 2015, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 14:47 PMJadame!
I love how relic nerfed german mortar but not german mortatHT in preview patch. More meta for meta god!

They nerfed the Mortar's rate of fire. The Mortar Half-Track already had a slower rate of fire.
11 Sep 2015, 15:28 PM

Can't say it is OP. There is much bigger issues with OP ostheer T1 currently.
11 Sep 2015, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 22:15 PMbC_
AOE Damage Profile was change from 1 /0.35 / 0.05 to 1/0.5/0.25

But its radius was reduced from 4 to 3.

Just throwing out some numbers

This unit is too good with it's improved range, reduce range a bit so it become more balanced.
It's now a must build unit...

Thanks you !
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment