Login

russian armor

Those stupid leiG spam

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
21 Sep 2015, 23:31 PM

I'd have to say that artillery is definitely "king of the battlefield" in the game right now. I've found that if you are outgunned in that department, however, rushing at the crews in an attempt to kill or at least displace them will allow your own to get in position and take some shots, hopefully evening the scales. The problem then means that you will have to perform a highly micro-intensive attack and remain as mobile as possible whilst all he has to do is move his stuff away and try to minimize casualties, but that may be exaggerating. At any rate, I do find it "counter-able" but it is still kind of difficult I guess.
21 Sep 2015, 23:37 PM

Permanently Banned
the problem is not the suppression ( just kick the insta red pinn )

It's the accuracy ....
21 Sep 2015, 23:42 PM

Why is everyone just talking about the leig? Both it and the howie need its suppression and accuracy looked at with the intent to improve their role. Their role as a more powerful, longer range mortar, not a sniper/mg grenade.

Because the number of allied fanboys on these forums outnumbers the axis ones. Hence the current state of the game :P

heaven forbid an axis mirror unit be on par with it...

Until the difference is as baltent as the Centaur vs ostwind the bias of these posts wont stop.

Back on topic... The Lieg and pak howi are both really good at the moment, perhaps too good... But both the USF and OKW need an alternate indirect fire weapon if they are nerfed. (without heavy fuel cost).
21 Sep 2015, 23:46 PM

Why is everyone just talking about the leig? Both it and the howie need its suppression and accuracy looked at with the intent to improve their role. Their role as a more powerful, longer range mortar, not a sniper/mg grenade.

Double leig is the OKW meta right now. Shows up every team game featuring OKW. Pack Howi is built from Captain tier (i.e. later than med truck which you can get more or less straight away). Pack Howi is more expensive. Pack Howi does not get the synergy of protection via Schwer HQ as you tech up. Pack Howi is built by a faction that is highly manpower constrained, whereas ISG is built from a faction that tends to float manpower and be fuel constrained instead.

Essentially, the stats on the units are similar, and if you put pack howi in OKW instead of ISG it would still be overperforming like all buggery right now. It's just that soft and secondary factors are causing the LeiG to be a bigger balance problem right now. I'm not opposed to toning down pack howi too, but the reality is that whether or not you debuff it, it's still never going to be a problem in the same way that LeiG currently is.

LeiG is "annoying" and very likely overperforming when you play USF and Sov, but it's blatantly OP when you're playing as British on account of tiny squad sizes and emplacements being hardcountered by ISG. ISGs were already highly effective vs them last patch, now with Brace nerf the meagre chance you once had against them is now destroyed. Emplacements are irrelevant, only the mortar pit is situationally useful now.
21 Sep 2015, 23:47 PM

Axis endured years over years of the russian 120mm Powermortar.

I dont mind the current situation at all

even as allies

justice has to come some day
22 Sep 2015, 00:41 AM

Stop taking it out of proportion. Those buffs were required to counter SOV/USF, which still sucks against them.

It's only the brits which are hopeless against it.

NO

Axis endured years over years of the russian 120mm Powermortar.

I dont mind the current situation at all

even as allies

justice has to come some day

And fking NO

120mm was OP but still didn't have 95% accurucy and red supressive pin in every shot.
22 Sep 2015, 00:57 AM
Benefactor 392

I've never had any trouble fighting the ISG as any allied faction. idk what you guys are going on about O_o?
22 Sep 2015, 01:23 AM

"Let's bring back the old scott and give it the ability to pin, shall we" *heads nod*
22 Sep 2015, 01:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Stop taking it out of proportion. Those buffs were required to counter SOV/USF, which still sucks against them.

First: The OP technically spoke of leiG spam, so what's shown there doesn't apply to their topic.

Two: It's a picture of what is loosely an entire army vs. half said other army, which also kinda makes it irrelevant to the point you were making. Of course one ISG won't win a game against double the army.

"Let's bring back the old scott and give it the ability to pin, shall we" *heads nod*

"We'll not make it a vehicle though, that'd be overpowered! But of course then, we'll have to make it cost no fuel."
22 Sep 2015, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 01:30 AMVuther

First: The OP technically spoke of leiG spam, so what's shown there doesn't apply to their topic.

Two: It's a picture of what is loosely an entire army vs. half said other army, which also kinda makes it irrelevant to the point you were making. Of course one ISG won't win a game against double the army.

"We'll not make it a vehicle though, that'd be overpowered! But of course then, we'll have to make it cost no fuel."

This.
22 Sep 2015, 02:08 AM

So instead of moaning about it, what do you suppose we... they... us... whomever should do about them? And I open this up to both ISG's, what role should they perform? In my opinion the idea of immediate close support, essentially directly behind infantry, makes sense. Give them a fixed firing cone like an MG42, and decrease the range a tad, remove the pinning, and make players utilize them as an anti-infantry field gun hybrid. That's my interpretation of the unit
22 Sep 2015, 02:44 AM

So instead of moaning about it, what do you suppose we... they... us... whomever should do about them? And I open this up to both ISG's, what role should they perform? In my opinion the idea of immediate close support, essentially directly behind infantry, makes sense. Give them a fixed firing cone like an MG42, and decrease the range a tad, remove the pinning, and make players utilize them as an anti-infantry field gun hybrid. That's my interpretation of the unit

Just make it another mortar, is it that difficult?
22 Sep 2015, 02:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 02:44 AMPorygon

Just make it another mortar, is it that difficult?

That isn't their role, and imo, one of the issues with these ridiculous things is that you can place one behind 40 shot blockers or next to an emplacement/other defensive position, schewerer whatever, and have it rain death with negligible risk. Mortars don't muddle around with the dynamics of the factions that they are attached to.
22 Sep 2015, 04:35 AM

yeah it is really strong and accurate
22 Sep 2015, 05:29 AM

+1
22 Sep 2015, 06:13 AM

the problem is not the suppression ( just kick the insta red pinn )

It's the accuracy ....

The suppression without the accuracy just makes it light RNG Bombs. Dodge 5 shots but suddenly PINNED.

Remove suppression from both LeIG and Pack Howitzer, make them more like the Heavy Mortar. Replace LeIG Vet 1 with a Direct Fire Barrage.
22 Sep 2015, 06:39 AM

All team games are unplayable, if you play against OKW and Ost VS Brits and USF. You are fucked, sniper and leig in hands of the good player will tear your force.

Someone sad Soviets had 120mm Mortar. I agree, but this is complete fanboy answer. Now when it is fixed we got Leig, that is no doctrinal and spammable. With OKW army composition (forward bases) is almost impossible to counter it.

We are talking about balance rather then "We suffered for years now it is time for you too suffer", this will bring nothing to the
22 Sep 2015, 09:24 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 15:26 PMPorygon
Holycrap it is cancerous, why did they overbuffed it so much, it is like a suppressive round drop into every seconds and you can't do anything.

Either increase its cost again or remove the stupid suppression. :foreveralone:

I know the feel bro, I pushed the OKW player back to his base from the start until he got 2 leiG and pushed me back :guyokay: Ended up loosing because of those heatseeking OpOppie suppression wannabe mortars :gimpy:
22 Sep 2015, 09:27 AM
Donator 11

Along with the changes that brought us to the current LEIG and Pack Howi suppression values, did either of them get more accurate? Either support gun now misses maybe only 1 out of 4 shots and I don't remember them being this inhumanly precise ever before.
22 Sep 2015, 09:32 AM

Would you rather have a cheaper stuka?
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment