Emplacement Brace ability

Should Relic implement this suggestion?
Option Distribution Votes
20%
80%
Total votes: 10
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
21 Sep 2015, 12:49 PM

I have one suggestion with British Brace ability. I think it would fix most of current emplacement problems.

Change Brace ability to toggle ability.

When Brace is ON:
30 seconds cooldown before turn OFF.
+ Reduce greatly explosive damage from artillery, mortar, tank gun.
- Weapon cannot fire
- Emplacement become vulnerable to small fire arm and infantry handheld. This vulnerable can be depicted as the same as OKW building when deploying.

When Brace is OFF:
30 seconds cooldown before turn ON.
+ Become current emplacement, which invulnerable to small fire arm.
+ Weapon can fire
- Emplacement become vulnerable to explosive damage.

In short, British player has to choose: defend against either explosive damage or small arm fire. If enemy can attack the emplacement with both types of weapon, then British player deserve to lose that emplacement.

What do you think?
21 Sep 2015, 12:57 PM

Tank with pintle MG drives closer and your solution is broken as it uses both ballistic and small arms weapon, just like many other units.
21 Sep 2015, 13:06 PM

Emplacements should just be decrewed by big bombs or hits under half health, and Brace would be a toggle that protects the crew.
21 Sep 2015, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 12:57 PMKatitof
Tank with pintle MG drives closer and your solution is broken as it uses both ballistic and small arms weapon, just like many other units.

The pintle MG actually do damage? Even so, I would count it as tank gun as well.
21 Sep 2015, 13:07 PM

In my opinion emplacements were in good state before brace nerf.

1 Leig / mortar could force them to brace all the time which means they were already countered.

Sure, your leig/mortar did not get any kills, but on the other hand, emplacements were on brace all the time so no kills for them as well.
Perfect solution.

Currenlty it's pointless to go for them.
Once brace is off, they are going to die. Even "Stand fast" cannot help you when out of brace.

I find funny how 2 heavy mortars, covered by sandbags, hidden in a digged down position can lose to 1-2 leigs/mortars standing on the open field without any special cover.

In other words, emplacement should be very, very strong against light fire like leigs, medicore against AT Guns and tanks weak agasint infantry small arms from close range, and very weak agasint heavy fire like railway or dive bomb.
21 Sep 2015, 13:11 PM

The pintle MG actually do damage? Even so, I would count it as tank gun as well.

They do, quite considerable.

And no, it doesn't count as tank gun, it counts as small arms, because it is small arms.
21 Sep 2015, 14:13 PM

I think instead of Brace, emplacement should be given ability to buy armour with muni like IG's vehicle in DOW II. The armour will give it another HP bar that will give it resistence to explosive and flame , small arms can still drain the HP of emplacement (without Brace emplacements should gain a HP buff too). Then emplacements can actually be tough without being OP.
21 Sep 2015, 14:37 PM

Relic accidentally the emplacements, and now we're gonna have to wait a couple of months before they are ready to admit it. Untill then, spam Crocodiles and make Crocoblob.
21 Sep 2015, 14:38 PM

Emplacements should just be decrewed by big bombs or hits under half health, and Brace would be a toggle that protects the crew.

This is what I agree with, make emplacements much harder to outright destroy, but easier to decrew. Meaning they have a MP drain due to reinforcements rather than having to pay a huge cost again; like all other support weapons in the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 54
Poland 12
Sweden 8
United States 14
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L