Login

russian armor

Volk throw their incendiary grenade too quickly

DeC
18 Sep 2015, 20:32 PM

Volks can't oorah either, though an on-foot based blitz would be interesting.
18 Sep 2015, 20:38 PM

Volks are completely fine.
18 Sep 2015, 21:15 PM
Patrion 28

Volks grenade needs a timer, otherwise it seems ok.
18 Sep 2015, 23:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 08:32 AMUGBEAR
Meanwhile you needs to spend money to teach conscript to throw their molotov......

Perfect balance, BTW, non-doc T-34/85 for real?

UKF, USF, and SU all have to buy the grenade upgrade separately which obviously means delayed teching.

OKW gets SU super molotovs on steorids as a... reward for teching?

I honestly don't know how this gets in the game.

"They need help clearing buildings."

OK, Americans need help clearing MGs without a mortar so we're forced to... you guessed it... BUY GRENADES.

But hey, let's give these super duper murderous flame nades to OKW for free, and make them OP as shit and broken while we're at it.
18 Sep 2015, 23:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 20:32 PMDeC
Volks can't oorah either, though an on-foot based blitz would be interesting.

And cons can't have self regenerating flesh and best infantry AT weapon in game.

Your point again?
19 Sep 2015, 00:27 AM

The only issue with volk incendiary nades is how quickly they arrive. The nades use a very fast grenade throw animation and have 0 fuse timer when they hit. If incendiary nades had the same fuse timer as the volk nade did they would be fine.
19 Sep 2015, 00:30 AM

Not saying that Volks are in a perfect balance state, but the previous grenade also had a insanely fast throw animation compared to everything else.

Volks pre patch: bad early game, purchase Shreks and become super soldiers with easymode powerful veterancy
Volks now: decent early game, purchase Shreks and....
19 Sep 2015, 11:36 AM

Not saying that Volks are in a perfect balance state, but the previous grenade also had a insanely fast throw animation compared to everything else.

Volks pre patch: bad early game, purchase Shreks and become super soldiers with easymode powerful veterancy

lol wut? after they took away the vet 5 received accuracy bonus this statement really is not holding up any more
19 Sep 2015, 23:42 PM

The throwing animation is fine so long as it is also paired with a fuse. I don't know why incend grenades apparently can't have fuses!
20 Sep 2015, 07:13 AM

Ask and you shall receive, read the upcoming patch notes. More like, rant and receive though,
20 Sep 2015, 11:20 AM

It does 20 initial, which people were unhappy about the Molotov doing so it was Nerfed to 10, which means it does a lot of damage upon landing.

The idea is that the role of volks' grenades simply changed in this patch. They are now to be used on stationary unit types like team crews and ATguns + buildings. And they do a good job against emplacements. I rather feel that was a clever and appropriate change so I don't really think anyone should have reasons to whine about them.
21 Sep 2015, 09:34 AM

the change in the volks grenade should actualy be reverted cause the basic idea was to give volks an early building clear
but relic actualy buffed 2 direct buildings counters the isg ( kinda absurd right now ) and the flak ht ( check the 17 ninjas for the details ), both those units unlock at the same time as the volks flamenade - to me its like relic balance team doesnt keep track of their changes/ has sev people not comunicating at all about those changes lol and we end with an op skill again that needs to be hotfixed
21 Sep 2015, 09:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 21:15 PMBarrier
Volks grenade needs a timer

I kinda doubt that because the real damage the grenade makes results from flames which do damage over time. So timer + damage over time => in no damage at all, if your opponent that you throw the grenade at doesn't sleep or is not AFK.
21 Sep 2015, 14:51 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 09:40 AMJohnnyB

I kinda doubt that because the real damage the grenade makes results from flames which do damage over time. So timer + damage over time => in no damage at all, if your opponent that you throw the grenade at doesn't sleep or is not AFK.

Then shall we reduce the animation on molotov and buff it to 20 damage again so it could be balanced?

21 Sep 2015, 15:13 PM
Donator 22

how about the commandos grenade btw? They can throw the grenade with light speed. :P
21 Sep 2015, 16:17 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 09:40 AMJohnnyB

Right now the real damage is from explosion on impact, it deals way too much damage. That's why it's getting a hotfix today or tomorrow. But my post was made before that was announced.
21 Sep 2015, 20:22 PM

how about the commandos grenade btw? They can throw the grenade with light speed. :P

lower damage to 80, done.

let's keep from going off topic.
21 Sep 2015, 20:38 PM

Did they fix the retarded thing where Maxim crews have to go back to pick up the gun when the gunner dies on retreat?

My mean beef with the Volks grenades is that team weapons don't seem to have a chance against them due to the Maxim hot potato problem. Hoping the hotfix fixes this to a degree since models don't die as fast...
21 Sep 2015, 20:58 PM

Indeed the volks' nade is more expensive per use, but comes without upgrade cost. Whereas, as mentioned before, all other mainline infantry pay to upgrade their grenades.

There should be a 1s timer when the grenade lands. Possibly reduce damage to 10 on impact and reduce cost to use to 20 or 25.

Weapon team not being able to retreat when burning to death because they keep picking up the gun should be solved in the same way as the German MG's which teleport guns to nearest entity. Really not sure why this was not already done in all cases yet.
21 Sep 2015, 21:20 PM

in this patch most things need to changes
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight