Login

russian armor

Blobbing is back

18 Sep 2015, 01:34 AM

So far every game I played so far as included hard core blobbing. Senseless one command per 6 unit blobbing. The vet 1 rifles with the bars. Then soon it becomes vet 3 rifles with bars. I'm pretty good with weapon teams and snipers, but today after patch it's extremely difficult to utilize them effectively. The bars melt MGs. Double American. Blah... what are yall experiencing.

Maybe the riflemen got over buffed?
18 Sep 2015, 02:02 AM

Whoever though giving basic 5 and 6 man infantry absurd levels Rec Acc should be put in a home. Every game now is literally nothing but "Wait until critical mass of Cons and Rifles is Achieved then sweep the map".

It's like the old days of Vet 5 Volks.
18 Sep 2015, 02:50 AM

Whoever though giving basic 5 and 6 man infantry absurd levels Rec Acc should be put in a home. Every game now is literally nothing but "Wait until critical mass of Cons and Rifles is Achieved then sweep the map".

It's like the old days of Vet 5 Volks.
They needed SOME buff, because both units were useless late, but this...

Grenadiers have gone from amazing to cannon fodder.
18 Sep 2015, 03:03 AM
Patrion 14

I've been hearing about this alot, but my rank haven't gone up at all for USF, which means that other people aren't getting their ELO past mine.

Can I please see a replay? I want to see exactly where the issues are.
18 Sep 2015, 03:20 AM

So far every game I played so far as included hard core blobbing. Senseless one command per 6 unit blobbing. The vet 1 rifles with the bars. Then soon it becomes vet 3 rifles with bars. I'm pretty good with weapon teams and snipers, but today after patch it's extremely difficult to utilize them effectively. The bars melt MGs. Double American. Blah... what are yall experiencing.

Maybe the riflemen got over buffed?

Oh man have I been waiting to do this.

Maybe you should play Allies a bit more before talking about their balance. Hmm?

I mean if I get attacked for talking about German balance, so will Axis players who talk about Allied balance.

Turnabout is fair play, and by god this is fair.

No Kappa
No MVGame
No Bait

100% Truth.

Edit: Stat page too strong, Lelic nerf plz
18 Sep 2015, 03:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 03:20 AMRemo

Oh man have I been waiting to do this.

Maybe you should play Allies a bit more before talking about their balance. Hmm?

Same goes for Alexzandvar, you both have a combined 1 game as Allies. I mean if I get attacked for talking about German balance, so will Axis players who talk about Allied balance.

Turnabout is fair play, and by god this is fair.

No Kappa
No MVGame
No Bait

100% Truth.
You are seriously starting to worry me.

Alex has 55 games as US and 426 as Soviets. He's plenty qualified to talk about Allied balance. I mean, where do you get your numbers?

And I agree with them as well that Rifles were slightly overbuffed. Would've been better to drop their base reinforce and give them an accuracy or RoF boost at Vet 3.
18 Sep 2015, 03:27 AM

You are seriously starting to worry me.

Alex has 55 games as US and 426 as Soviets. He's plenty qualified to talk about Allied balance. I mean, where do you get your numbers?

And I agree with them as well that Rifles were slightly overbuffed. Would've been better to drop their base reinforce and give them an accuracy or RoF boost at Vet 3.

Nah that one is my bad, the stats was giving me hell when I was loading it. As for my earlier thread, get a grip dude it was fairly obvious what was going on, you're just slow. Kappa

I have plenty of games as allies and I say he's wrong.
18 Sep 2015, 03:45 AM

If you watched the Q&A stream the other day they mentioned that the BAR change is actually rather minimal (just means its slightly more effective on the move so I don't really think the issue is BARs.) I can see Vet 3 Rifle blob potentially being bad - but that's late game and requires the American Player time/opportunity to accumulate several Vet 3s. It also doesn't affect explosions and all those other ways to counter Riflemen.

I think its too early to say really- can't draw too many conclusions from a handful of matches. Part of it is that I'm sure people have gotten used to the accidentally over-buffed Grens which makes the Vet 3 changes seem more drastic.
18 Sep 2015, 04:00 AM

I've been hearing about this alot, but my rank haven't gone up at all for USF, which means that other people aren't getting their ELO past mine.

Can I please see a replay? I want to see exactly where the issues are.

It doesn't really take a replay to show that giving 5 men squad like Riflemen with good offensive capabilities as well as a large amount of utility .564 received accuracy is uh, not a good idea. Cons are also now crazy durable at Vet 3 with .65 received accuracy and 6 men, but well at least they aren't packing a huge a punch as Rifles do.

To put this in perspective Grens only have .7 received accuracy at vet 3 and they are a 4 man squad.

List of squads that have lower members but less received accuracy at Vet 3 than Rifles current do:

Sturms
Fallsch
Pgrens and JLI (they get .568)

List of squads that have the same amount of members but less received accuracy:

Volks
Pfuss

Like if you merged a Vet 3 con model into a guard squad it will actually become easier to kill than when it was a member of the conscript squad.
18 Sep 2015, 04:03 AM
Patrion 14

It doesn't really take a replay to show that giving 5 men squad like Riflemen with good offensive capabilities as well as a large amount of utility .564 received accuracy is uh, not a good idea. Cons are also now crazy durable at Vet 3 with .65 received accuracy and 6 men, but well at least they aren't packing a huge a punch as Rifles do.

To put this in perspective Grens only have .7 received accuracy at vet 3 and they are a 4 man squad.

List of squads that have lower members but less received accuracy at Vet 3 than Rifles current do:

Sturms
Fallsch
Pgrens and JLI (they get .568)

List of squads that have the same amount of members but less received accuracy:

Volks
Pfuss

Like if you merged a Vet 3 con model into a guard squad it will actually become easier to kill than when it was a member of the conscript squad.

It does take a replay. You know why? Because the only change to riflemen has been their lategame (and on the move BAR firepower), so I want to see why MG42s, Ostwinds, etc., are suddenly shit. Gren lmgs no longer work, as they shouldn't, since rifles cost more base and have more fuel and muni costing upgrades on them.

Riflemen need to be good because they are USFs only stock infantry, they are in fact the elite infantry of USF as well. They may have been overbuffed, but I feel like this current whining is people just not used to actually fighting good infantry lategame.
18 Sep 2015, 04:13 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It does take a replay. You know why? Because the only change to riflemen has been their lategame (and on the move BAR firepower), so I want to see why MG42s, Ostwinds, etc., are suddenly shit. Gren lmgs no longer work, as they shouldn't, since rifles cost more base and have more fuel and muni costing upgrades on them.

Riflemen need to be good because they are USFs only stock infantry, they are in fact the elite infantry of USF as well. They may have been overbuffed, but I feel like this current whining is people just not used to actually fighting good infantry lategame.

dont reply. Be Strong. You can do this.
18 Sep 2015, 04:17 AM

Or maybe it's because the game is almost unplayable because mainline infantry should not have excellent received accuracy on top of being a 5 man squad and having multiple diverse weapon upgrades, nades of AT and AI variety and smoke. Do you really think it's perfectly fine for Ostheer (who has no elite call in infantry worth a damn) to have it's basic line infantry which has 1 less member have much less survibility at vet 3. Pgrens also cost 40 more MP then rifles do and at vet 3 have exactly the same received accuracy but 1 less squad member.

If USF needs elite infantry then maybe Relic should have given them elite infantry instead of making their baseline infantry that vet's up quickly (like all basic mainline infantry do) have god tier vet that clowns out the vet of a faction literally designed to have the best vet.

so I want to see why MG42s, Ostwinds, etc., are suddenly shit.

Uh, you know USF has counters to those things right? The problem is that you have ultra-durable riflemen backing up those counters so it's almost impossible to hold back the tide mid game. Speaking from a 2v2 setting here.

Gren lmgs no longer work

As accuracy is a direct variable in the DPS formula the 25% less received accuracy basically translates to takes 25% less damage from all small arms. This is kinda problematic as hell to when the low ROF but high damage rifles Axis units use become dependent on good RNG to work because if you miss a bunch of shots it's game over.

but I feel like this current whining is people just not used to actually fighting good infantry lategame.

Why do you feel the need to accuse people with legitimate complaints of being fan boys all the time?
18 Sep 2015, 04:24 AM

18 Sep 2015, 04:38 AM

lol, look ya'll. im a reasonable guy, only complained about the isu152 a year ago, and the brits emplacements before the patch. so im not a QQ axis fanboy blah type shit. My point is, is that with the riflemen changes has promoted blobbing again. Bars is an LMG, thats able to fire on the MOVE. so add two bars to a squad that is able to now have more survivablity, now just puts the mindset of the player to blobb again. the payoff is too good with it. MGs, get smoked out and such. ya know. stuff like that.
18 Sep 2015, 04:44 AM

Alex the solution here is to buff PzGrens scaling ability, problem solved.

Hate to break it you but Volks and Grens don't have to be the anti-infantry core of Axis armies, they're designed differently.

18 Sep 2015, 04:48 AM

lol, look ya'll. im a reasonable guy, only complained about the isu152 a year ago, and the brits emplacements before the patch. so im not a QQ axis fanboy blah type shit. My point is, is that with the riflemen changes has promoted blobbing again. Bars is an LMG, thats able to fire on the MOVE. so add two bars to a squad that is able to now have more survivablity, now just puts the mindset of the player to blobb again. the payoff is too good with it. MGs, get smoked out and such. ya know. stuff like that.

Just on the topic of BARs - they are considered assault rifles in the game. The only buff they received is that they are a bit more accurate on the move, but otherwise perform the same as before. Most likely a placebo effect - people saw the BAR buff, and started using BARs again, even though they perform very similarly as they did before and most likely the previous buffs to blob counters reduced their use - and people are remembering that they are actually potent (i never complained about them ever since their much older buff when they were actually pretty sappy). And people kind of need to remember how to push that back as the enemy vs them.

However, vet 3 and flamer buff (and random ability for all flamer type weapons to roast anything in cover super fast) is definitely not placebo and is the leading issue in the matter of current rifle blobs.
18 Sep 2015, 04:55 AM

Alex the solution here is to buff PzGrens scaling ability, problem solved.

Hate to break it you but Volks and Grens don't have to be the anti-infantry core of Axis armies, they're designed differently.

And buff Sturm, Fallsch to? How about instead of just buffing literally every axis unit just give Rifles something else at Vet 3 or give USF some elite infantry instead of making them one of the most durable squads in the game.
18 Sep 2015, 04:58 AM

Riflemen, LMG or Assault rifles, it performs as both. LMG due to range, but assault rifle due to move while firing. Maybe the light accuracy buff was too much with the received accuracy, meaning one or the other is fine but not both. Both of them used in a blob is devastating. The flamethrower i dont really have a problem because they have to stop to use it, so you dont have 6 models all firing while on the move.
18 Sep 2015, 04:59 AM

Rifles at Vet 3 could have just gotten a 20-25% reinforcement cost reduction. Would have been way better than what turned out here :P
18 Sep 2015, 04:59 AM

Is that the ISU152 that almost was a counter to the Elefant and JT, but was overnerfed to where it isn't built much anymore? Do you want riflemen to join the ranks of the B4, ML-20, M8 greyhound, etc, etc?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★