Login

russian armor

Blobbing is back

18 Sep 2015, 09:20 AM

My point is not that USF is unbeatable but that it makes for boring gameplay. Also just kinda calling commash out and lying about watching the replay lmao

Based on his previous responses he has obviously watched the replay.

At no previous point have you said USF is beatable but it makes for boring gameplay. If that is your point you've done an excellent job of disguising it.

18 Sep 2015, 09:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 09:20 AMsamich

Based on his previous responses he has obviously watched the replay.

At no previous point have you said USF is beatable but it makes for boring gameplay. If that is your point you've done an excellent job of disguising it.

Uh, Iv pointed out pretty early on that I know USF is beatable (like posted a winning replay?) but that the buff is problematic. Also no he obviously did not because he claimed I didn't win (a falsity) and then claimed I wasn't making the correct counters like Mortars or Pgrens when I literally in the very replay he "claimed" to watch used them.

You have access to panzergrenadiers (with cheaper reinforce now) to punish squads closing on your long ranged units. USE THEM, they don't suck.

18 Sep 2015, 09:28 AM
Patrion 14

Uh, Iv pointed out pretty early on that I know USF is beatable (like posted a winning replay?) but that the buff is problematic. Also no he obviously did not because he claimed I didn't win (a falsity) and then claimed I wasn't making the correct counters like Mortars or Pgrens when I literally in the very replay he "claimed" to watch used them.

FFS, if you want to nitpick go ahead. I watched up till the drop, and I can tell you right now, you relied on a flimsy army composition. You can say whatever you want, but anyone who watches the replay will see that the "blobbing" was only possible because you failed to make a strong defensive line with the correct counters.

Mortars don't counter blobs well, it's better to get multiple mgs and pgrens supported by flamer pios, and a HT that doesn't park in front of bazookas.

I misspoke when I said you lost. What I should have said is "you lost the engagements."
18 Sep 2015, 09:31 AM

<snip

..why am i doing this to myself..

Read his responses again, he literally mentions things in your replay. How would he know what happened unless he'd watched it?

You're looking for flaws in his posts and trying to corrupt the points he's making with them instead of just having a conversation.

Anyway, the topic is 'blobbing is back'. I don't see how your replay shows that blobbing has made any sort of a comeback, everything in your replay would have gone exactly the same pre-patch..
DeC
18 Sep 2015, 09:58 AM
18 Sep 2015, 10:02 AM

Overblobbed by zooksblob some time ago. Next time i got stuka. 1 barrage and 1 xp star. Didn't try last patch but predict bad luck / l2p.
18 Sep 2015, 10:04 AM
18 Sep 2015, 10:11 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 08:44 AMwuff

I believe that the 25% increase is too high. Smaller bit sized changes would be a better approach, 15% for example.

Wuff how could you.....?!

don't scream too loud that 25% is maybe a little bit too much....
18 Sep 2015, 11:05 AM

All stats and replays aside, my point is is that the changes supported and encourage one commander use and blobbing. 2v2 here people. I don't care about the DPS compared to whatever unit. If I suddenly seen 4 out of 5 games having blobbing, I'm afraid it's only gonna get worse.
18 Sep 2015, 11:10 AM

Wuff how could you.....?!

don't scream too loud that 25% is maybe a little bit too much....

I just worry about such large increases. I always feel it is better to make smaller adjustments but more games needs to be played before anything else.
18 Sep 2015, 11:14 AM

And buff Sturm, Fallsch to? How about instead of just buffing literally every axis unit just give Rifles something else at Vet 3 or give USF some elite infantry instead of making them one of the most durable squads in the game.

Sturms and Falls aren't really intended to hard counter infantry. Ones an infiltration utility hit, the other a very hard hitting support unit.

Obers, Pfusililer, and JLI will still bleed vet 3 rifles, even if they push you back. Landmines, ISG, and vehicles will still work. Volks incendiary grenade can deny cover, allowing otherwise unprepared troops to defeat riflemen.

I will concede the fact that Ost is ill prepared to deal with vet 3 rifles and cons. Making PzGrens a more viable anti infantry unit in the lategame and giving Ost lategame free green cover will do the trick.
18 Sep 2015, 11:14 AM

When did blobbing ever go?
Someone tried to blob stormtroopers at me yesterdayo_O
18 Sep 2015, 11:44 AM

FFS, if you want to nitpick go ahead. I watched up till the drop, and I can tell you right now, you relied on a flimsy army composition

A lot of very important things happened after the drop. Also considering I was going to upgrade my HT to flames (before it died due to me sacrificing it to save my grens) I don't see your point. I had Pgrens, mortars, an MG, mate had duel ISG's. The opponent quit because he lost his blob and sacrificed 2 easy eights.

. You can say whatever you want, but anyone who watches the replay will see that the "blobbing" was only possible because you failed to make a strong defensive line with the correct counters.

So if Pgrens at close range and flamer Pio isn't the correct counter with mortar support what is? I had a PIV up and fighting but it kept getting pushed off by Easy Eights, AT guns, and the like.

Mortars don't counter blobs well, it's better to get multiple mgs and pgrens supported by flamer pios, and a HT that doesn't park in front of bazookas.

Why even include the snide remark about the HT? Why are you such an asshole about literally everything?

I misspoke when I said you lost. What I should have said is "you lost the engagements."

Hmm 2 Easy Eight kills and entire Army wipe causing the enemy to drop sure sounds like a lost engagement to me.

Read his responses again, he literally mentions things in your replay. How would he know what happened unless he'd watched it?

He could of, idk, just fast forwarded through it and not paid attention? I have no idea why he's floundering on this and being such a dick. He wanted a replay from this patch, I gave him one, then he preceded to criticize me for doing things I didn't actually do and say I didn't make the right units when I had multiple of that unit in the replay.
18 Sep 2015, 12:50 PM

USF needed their core and backbone unit to somehow scale into lategame. What exactly were you supposed to do to Gren hordes previously?

New patch, adapt. It really isnt broken.
18 Sep 2015, 13:12 PM

Dude we didn't lose the game, did you even watch the replay :foreveralone:

This also doesn't address any of my other points about Riflemen having vet that's more powerful than units with smaller model counts that cost much more per individual model. You said in another thread IS pay for their good vet in cost, but here you seem to be saying the opposite?

No 5 man squad that costs less per model than many 4 man squads should not have superior received accuracy to those 4 man squads

Like, this has nothing to do with "I played a game, I lost tearstearstears", this is a legitimate problem you are dismissing out of hand for unknown reasons. Do you have some sort of argument for why Rifles should cost 280 MP and have superior scaling to more expensive units as well as retaining excellent versatility?

Effective Health Against Small Arms = Cumulative Health of Unit/Received Accuracy Unit or Chance to Bounce Shots with Armor

Vet 3 Grens have 457 effective health (4*80)/.7007

Vet 3 Rifles have 714 effective health (5*80)/.56

Vet 3 Fallsch have 581 effective health (4*80)/.55

Vet 5 Sturms have 627 effective health (4*80)/.51

and so on and so forth, can you see what the issue is here or do I need to make it even more explicit for you?

Ya you won because I got a bug splat lucky you. I did not quit because I lost my blob. As soon as the E8s broke through hello bugslpat but whatever floats your boat. I went to obs mode and watched my army and 2 E8s sit there next to the PAK43 and just destroyed by your blob. Pretty depressing. Then watched my partner deal with your late game super tanks and turtle.

How can I not blob when there are choke points (bidges) that canalize my force? All you can do is MASS stuff and push because there aint no room to maneuver on that map. Like Cookie said poor map to use as an example.

As to the thread USF late game infantry doesnt suck now and actually poses a threat and as usual people are up in arms about it. There are enough "blob" counters avaliable to axis an they are more easy to gain axis to than USF. It nice to have infantry that can dish out the pain in the late game. I can now support my tanks with infantry that can weed out PAK spam, gren Spam, MG spam, and also stick around to use AT nades to stop LOL axis armor charges against my crap USF Armor.
18 Sep 2015, 13:25 PM

let me see alexander uses actual facts to prove his points while the person quoting him are not using it alright,rather using false assumptions and labels to throw here and there..hmmm i see

on topic i think rifles were fine previous match because the win rate was almost 50/50 but no relic heard allied fanboys cry that we cant rofl stomp the axis so please over buff them.....well tbh only bar buff was needed which would have easily solved theri late game issue but no here have -25 recieved accuracy on top of that relic are so dumb they cant get their head around on things smalll incrmental changes can have huge impact on the game relic needs to post more patches in a month with incremental changes a little by little only then u can easily balance but no 8 FUCKING years and the norm of overbuff and over nerf still continues.....relic plz
18 Sep 2015, 13:34 PM

Play more now, test, bitch later with more proof.
18 Sep 2015, 14:08 PM
Donator 11

Problem is its way too easy to vet up, any scrub can get vet 3 rifles.
18 Sep 2015, 15:11 PM
Donator 11

You guys make it seem like blobbing ever left, there always were and always will be blobbers lol. It's only been a day of the new patch so I'd give it some time before you can say with any certainty this particular flavor of blob is OP and can't be countered by Axis anti-blobbing tools. Blobbing as USF has always been sub-optimal and I'd be very surprise to see top players blob their way to victory n OFC as some posts here seem to suggest is possible.

As to the other point folks were making - no rifles were not fine in the previous patch. They were a manpower liability in the late game and could not engage effectively. Not sure if this buff was the right buff but they definitely needed something.
18 Sep 2015, 15:31 PM

OCF. We need to look at win/loose ratios of pro players in this tournament , then we can start complaing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★