Login

russian armor

Blobbing is back

18 Sep 2015, 15:38 PM

"Ostheer is I'll prepared for blobs" wut. Flamers, s mines, best hmg, fastest firing mortar
18 Sep 2015, 15:39 PM

Rifles at Vet 3 could have just gotten a 20-25% reinforcement cost reduction. Would have been way better than what turned out here :P
That would actually help.
18 Sep 2015, 15:50 PM

OCF. We need to look at win/loose ratios of pro players in this tournament , then we can start complaing.

Yes let OCF be the test ground for the new meta cheese!
18 Sep 2015, 16:10 PM
Donator 11

Sadly not.

Reduced reinforcement cost makes them more spammable against anything, it also promotes bad head on pushing even further. Fancy Vet3 Rifles still bleed like before to AoE & crit weaponary, they may just survive your Gren / Volks / whatever spam a bit more.

just my 2 cents, again.
18 Sep 2015, 16:17 PM

relic pleasy nerf rifles TO DA GROUND

only axis should be able to A-move deathblob to bring the reich a glorious victory.
18 Sep 2015, 17:49 PM

"Ostheer is I'll prepared for blobs" wut. Flamers, s mines, best hmg, fastest firing mortar

Flamers lol, so you want a pio squad or two to stop 6 Double bar rifle men on the move might I add. They'll have no chance. Motor and s mines yes. But it's not as reliable as you would think
18 Sep 2015, 17:55 PM

Flamers lol, so you want a pio squad or two to stop 6 Double bar rifle men on the move might I add. They'll have no chance. Motor and s mines yes. But it's not as reliable as you would think

no. why should 400 mp + 120 munitions stop 1680 + 720 munitions? i expect you to use a combination of tools, rather than expecting to use just one. the primary blob deterrent is an mg42. mg42 + flamer, mg42 + mortar etc etc.
18 Sep 2015, 18:00 PM

Yes let OCF be the test ground for the new meta cheese!

If you think they will make new patch out of nowhere in 1 day then you dont know relic.

Also why the hell players that played (i know alex you was there too im sure) were not saying NOTHING about problems of VET 3 BASIC ALLIES INFANTRY ?
DeC
18 Sep 2015, 18:00 PM

That's a massive investment, lemon. Or they end up being wiped out/forced to fall back by 2XPack Howies. Or getting phosphorus on their hair.

You know what would happen then? You lose the whole map and eventually the match
18 Sep 2015, 18:06 PM

Volk shreck spam is now better than ever with the new thermobaric grenade they have

Ironically when asked, Braden Chan said he doesn't want to see bazookas buffed because he doesn't want to see a catch-all blob unit with accessible AT weapons

lolol
18 Sep 2015, 18:06 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 18:00 PMDeC
That's a massive investment, lemon. Or they end up being wiped out/forced to fall back by 2XPack Howies. Or getting phosphorus on their hair.

You know what would happen then? You lose the whole map and eventually the match

USF players need to pay for their units too. 3x flamer rifles with an officer and 2x pak howitzers is a HUGE investment. One that will bleed quite hard and also have no defense against vehicles.

It is countered with a single Ostwind.

There are plenty of counters out there. Don't expect your grens (which are cheaper to start out) to beat rifles 1v1 anymore.
DeC
18 Sep 2015, 18:12 PM

I don't have such expectations. Ostwind gets wrecked by zooks.
18 Sep 2015, 18:14 PM

Did not read whole tread, but it seems to me like people expect that one HMG should counter whole USF army and their blobs should win man fight with rifle blobs with ease.

Rifle flamers may or not may be op, rifle vet 3 may or may not be over the top, but blobs? You can counter them if you know whats you doing and then punish hardcore with newly buffed panzerwerfers and plenty of other stuff.
18 Sep 2015, 18:45 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 18:14 PMJadame!
Did not read whole tread, but it seems to me like people expect that one HMG should counter whole USF army and their blobs should win man fight with rifle blobs with ease.

Rifle flamers may or not may be op, rifle vet 3 may or may not be over the top, but blobs? You can counter them if you know whats you doing and then punish hardcore with newly buffed panzerwerfers and plenty of other stuff.

Exactly. Vet 3 flame rifles could end up being too strong, sure. The last thing you'd want to do is blob them however. If are you playing against 4+ vet 3 flame rifles you should be happy your opponent is dumb enough to keep them in one place.

18 Sep 2015, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 18:06 PMArclyte
Volk shreck spam is now better than ever with the new thermobaric grenade they have

Ironically when asked, Braden Chan said he doesn't want to see bazookas buffed because he doesn't want to see a catch-all blob unit with accessible AT weapons

lolol

"Why does panther reverse faster than allied tanks driving forward?"

"German engineering le trole"

18 Sep 2015, 21:09 PM

I am not sure the "nerf new rifle" crowd that would rather a cheaper rifle reinforce realizes what they ask for. It would be a buff to US income that lasts through the game. That means the faction always floats fuel could have more units/vehicles/cahes/stuff. Right now they only start to feel the benefits when a rifle hits vet3 and it doesn't increase until more rifles hit vet3.

reducing reinforce costs will increase all USF options assuming heavy rifle play.
19 Sep 2015, 03:19 AM

let me see alexander uses actual facts to prove his points while the person quoting him are not using it alright,rather using false assumptions and labels to throw here and there..hmmm i see

on topic i think rifles were fine previous match because the win rate was almost 50/50 but no relic heard allied fanboys cry that we cant rofl stomp the axis so please over buff them.....well tbh only bar buff was needed which would have easily solved theri late game issue but no here have -25 recieved accuracy on top of that relic are so dumb they cant get their head around on things smalll incrmental changes can have huge impact on the game relic needs to post more patches in a month with incremental changes a little by little only then u can easily balance but no 8 FUCKING years and the norm of overbuff and over nerf still continues.....relic plz

The only punctuation this mother fucker knows is condescending ellipses.

How were Rifles "fine" last patch? They had the worst scaling and the highest bleed. Now they have the highest bleed and some of the BEST scaling in the game.

Holy shit, that... that almost makes sense, guys. More expensive units with performance commensurate with their cost? My fucking word, I think we're onto something, lads.
19 Sep 2015, 04:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 03:19 AMvelmarg

The only punctuation this mother fucker knows is condescending ellipses.

How were Rifles "fine" last patch? They had the worst scaling and the highest bleed. Now they have the highest bleed and some of the BEST scaling in the game.

Holy shit, that... that almost makes sense, guys. More expensive units with performance commensurate with their cost? My fucking word, I think we're onto something, lads.
This.
19 Sep 2015, 04:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 21:09 PMAvNY
I am not sure the "nerf new rifle" crowd that would rather a cheaper rifle reinforce realizes what they ask for. It would be a buff to US income that lasts through the game. That means the faction always floats fuel could have more units/vehicles/cahes/stuff. Right now they only start to feel the benefits when a rifle hits vet3 and it doesn't increase until more rifles hit vet3.

reducing reinforce costs will increase all USF options assuming heavy rifle play.

Okay so then what, remove the bonus because Rifles were fine as-is? It seems like everyone says Riflemen were underpowered, yet no suggested solutions work out. Increasing resistance just makes them atomic supermen that you effortlessly blob together because bullets barely hurt them. But you say decreasing Vet 3 reinforcement cost would make them too spammable. So what can you even do?

Are Riflemen just destined to be broken UP or broken OP with no in-between?
19 Sep 2015, 04:35 AM

Okay so then what, remove the bonus because Rifles were fine as-is? It seems like everyone says Riflemen were underpowered, yet no suggested solutions work out. Increasing resistance just makes them atomic supermen that you effortlessly blob together because bullets barely hurt them. But you say decreasing Vet 3 reinforcement cost would make them too spammable. So what can you even do?

Are Riflemen just destined to be broken UP or broken OP with no in-between?

personally I don't think the veterancy was the problem. Grenadiers were only as scary as they were because of lmg and long range rifle grenade.

280 mp with dual bar were pretty powerful if excessive on munition price. the mobility buff on the bar doesn't seems all that useful.

I would have prefer a price decrease on the bar instead of messing with the veterancy. From a scaling standpoint it's easier to recover a dual bar rifleman if you have the munition, but veterancy is harder to gain.

all the rifleman needed was a price decrease to the bar. It should be obvious to anyone that the base rifleman is superior to the base grenadier. The rifleman's deficiency was purely due to the under performance of the bar.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 53

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight