Login

russian armor

USF Bazooka thoughts?

16 Sep 2015, 16:25 PM

with the upcoming patch for USF in terms of making the bazooka a bit cheaper do you think it deserves a slight buff in the firepower and penetration department. imo it would make it viable and useful instead of just scavenging the battlefield for panzershrecks (a highly coveted AT weapon might i add) what are your thoughts?
16 Sep 2015, 16:29 PM

With heavy spam meta being dead and zooka being cheaper now, it might actually be cost effective as it is.
16 Sep 2015, 16:30 PM

Judging from the captain's performance, dual bazookas are actually okay as anti-tank weapon.

I still think 45 munition is a better price for them, but 50 is an improvement.
16 Sep 2015, 16:31 PM

Make bazookas dealing more dmg or have a higher penetration and I ensure you 100 % bazooka blobs will come. I was happy with the volks changes in the past that reduced blobbing. USF players already tend to blob a lot.

If you buff zooks in addition with the upcomming vet 3 Rifle change you can just equip every riflemen with a BAR & Zook and create a ball of death.
16 Sep 2015, 16:37 PM

If you buff zooks in addition with the upcomming vet 3 Rifle change you can just equip every riflemen with a BAR & Zook and create a ball of death.

They also buffed the Panzerwerfer and gave back the Sturmtiger's AoE...
Phy
16 Sep 2015, 16:43 PM

They should buff zookas or 57 mm AT. USF needs more AT abilities appart from jackson.
16 Sep 2015, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 16:43 PMPhy
They should buff zookas or 57 mm AT. USF needs more AT abilities appart from jackson.

agreed anything bigger than a panzer iv and these 2 AT weapons are in alot of trouble
16 Sep 2015, 17:03 PM

agreed anything bigger than a panzer iv and these 2 AT weapons are in alot of trouble

Thats why Jackson is as potent as it is and why sherman got pen buff.
16 Sep 2015, 17:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 17:03 PMKatitof

Thats why Jackson is as potent as it is and why sherman got pen buff.

great that sherman got buffed but it and the jackson dont exactly have the tonnage to survive in a prolonged slugging firefight match against their axis counterparts...which is why USF infantry-based AT weapons need a slight buff. how much well that depends on you.
16 Sep 2015, 17:14 PM
Donator 11

I think the reduced cost is enough. It pretty much makes zooks a more viable counter to light vehicles and complementary/soft counter vs mediums. It is never going to be great vs mediums or viable against heavies - I'd much rather have a pen and survivability buff to the 57mm so it can fill that role.
16 Sep 2015, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 17:14 PMKeaper!
I think the reduced cost is enough. It pretty much makes zooks a more viable counter to light vehicles and complementary/soft counter vs mediums. It is never going to be great vs mediums or viable against heavies - I'd much rather have a pen and survivability buff to the 57mm so it can fill that role.

that too but i still champion the idea of a slight buff to the bazooka. just enough so it can just "barely" hit and penetrate heavy armor
16 Sep 2015, 17:28 PM

great that sherman got buffed but it and the jackson dont exactly have the tonnage to survive in a prolonged slugging firefight match against their axis counterparts...which is why USF infantry-based AT weapons need a slight buff. how much well that depends on you.

Jacksons are not supposed to fight on the Frontline. Zooks reliably penetrate Rear Armour. USF are not supposed to be played like Axis factions. Coh2chart.com provides additional data why additional buffs are overkill. If you still have problems to fight axis Armour with Jacksons you need to work on your play.
16 Sep 2015, 17:35 PM

Jacksons are not supposed to fight on the Frontline. Zooks reliably penetrate Rear Armour. USF are not supposed to be played like Axis factions. Coh2chart.com provides additional data why additional buffs are overkill. If you still have problems to fight axis Armour with Jacksons you need to work on your play.

its not that i have a problem i send out my inf first to keep enemy armor preoccupied and then send in my TD to snipe but of course in my matches i have against human opponents they always have panzershrecks or pak40's not too far away making the notion of committing my armor to an attack a risky prospect. what allies have the axis have something better which makes me a bit cautious when using tanks like shermans or jacksons
16 Sep 2015, 18:27 PM

its not that i have a problem i send out my inf first to keep enemy armor preoccupied and then send in my TD to snipe but of course in my matches i have against human opponents they always have panzershrecks or pak40's not too far away making the notion of committing my armor to an attack a risky prospect. what allies have the axis have something better which makes me a bit cautious when using tanks like shermans or jacksons

I know right, but bazooka blobbing won't fix the amount of paks or schrecks your enemy has. USF lacks at the moment good area of denial weapon that destroys that schreck & pak turtle, that's why the calliope will be handy when it comes out.
16 Sep 2015, 19:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 17:14 PMKeaper!

+1

Zooks are fine, AT gun could see its performance improve through tweaks on the AP rounds. OR you could increase the cost of the AT gun and bring it on par a bit with the rest of the AT guns.
17 Sep 2015, 03:46 AM

white phosphorus rockets :3
17 Sep 2015, 04:00 AM

How come there is always such fear about bazooka blobs actually becoming a thing. It's never been close to happening.

I never even see bazookas get purchased past the early game. They have far too little effect on actual armor especially for their drawback of lowering rifle DPS.
17 Sep 2015, 04:44 AM

I know right, but bazooka blobbing won't fix the amount of paks or schrecks your enemy has. USF lacks at the moment good area of denial weapon that destroys that schreck & pak turtle, that's why the calliope will be handy when it comes out.

that and the M26 Pershing will be needed cuz the Pershing can obviously take more hits than a sherman
17 Sep 2015, 04:57 AM

How come there is always such fear about bazooka blobs actually becoming a thing. It's never been close to happening.

Because anything that's effective and accessible in large numbers will be spammed.
17 Sep 2015, 05:11 AM

Because anything that's effective and accessible in large numbers will be spammed.

well just buff it to the point where its not frustrating to use if not make it as cheap as the PIAT, a measly 40 MU wud go a long way since USF eats thru ammo like nobodies business
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★