Login

russian armor

Give Panzergrenadiers Toggle Panzerschreks Ability

Do you agree with the suggestions below?
Option Distribution Votes
50%
50%
Total votes: 155
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
12 Sep 2015, 13:29 PM

Panzergrenadiers are the only non-doctrinal elite infantry and only naturally StG equipped unit OST has. They kinda break the lmg gren meta but when you can't use them as Antiinfantry after upgrading with schreks you in fact lose 340 manpower. Add a Switch to Sturmgewehrs option and give it a 10 seconds cooldown and it's alright. Also when equipping Panzerschreks, Zookas or PIATs your infantry must have Prioritize Vehicles Ability.
12 Sep 2015, 13:36 PM

I'm not actually opposed to this, would be really helpful when you don't want them to waste their shots on Infantry they won't hit.
12 Sep 2015, 13:42 PM

I have been wanting this functionality in the game since I saw that sturm pios could do this with their sweepers. The cool down would help with the problem of being able to toggle at will, insta-gibbing a tank then immediately going anti-infantry.

This would also help with rifle men, being armed with a couple zooks but still being able to hold on to their base anti-infantry capabilities.

Overall a neat idea that could be implemented on several units. Of course this would need to be tested to see if the new meta will become just building AT capable squads and no AT guns due to the versatility, but I think this could work.
12 Sep 2015, 13:42 PM

sounds good, as im not an expert i dont know ow that effects all the other stuff.. balance wise

but i guess someone will tell us what wont be right if added
12 Sep 2015, 13:49 PM

Not really a competitive player but I feel this is needed. the manpower cost and unit cap point investment is so much for a unit that after a upgrade is almost only anti-vehicle and if your enemy goes all on with infantry then your panzergrenadiers are useless. Would love to see this added.
12 Sep 2015, 14:06 PM

I would say this makes no sense from a game design perspective. When you can switch the Schrecks on and off, there is no real choice in upgrading them anymore. I mean, you still have to pay the ammo, but you do not have to decide between an anti-infantry and anti-vehicle squad anymore. Also, popping the Schrecks when a vehicle is near you is already very strong, now imagine being able to do this all the time.

They may be a little bit on the weak side at the moment, but there is no reason to give the players the ability to create a Panzergrenadier blob that can shred both vehicles and inf. Prioritize Vehicle would be nice though.
12 Sep 2015, 14:14 PM

Voted - no, it will encourage anti everything blob, like rangers in Ardens, especially with CAS. You just press one button to change its role, its poor gameplay and bad for balance for any type of unit. In current situation you must choose what you need at the field - good mid range AI, or trade it for best infantry based AT in the game, its quite fair.

Prioritize Vehicles - is a good idea.
12 Sep 2015, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2015, 14:14 PMnewvan
Voted - no, it will encourage anti everything blob, like rangers in Ardens, especially with CAS. You just press one button to change its role, its poor gameplay and bad for balance for any type of unit. In current situation you must choose what you need at the field - good mid range AI, or trade it for best infantry based AT in the game, its quite fair.

Prioritize Vehicles - is a good idea.

This.
12 Sep 2015, 14:46 PM

No thanks. Panzergrenadier panzerschreks are only 120 ammo for the pair because you lose the STG in the process. Compared to zooks and OKW shreks they are cheap for their effectiveness. I feel the upgrade should be increased in cost if the unit did not have to give up their half their AI firepower with the upgrade.
12 Sep 2015, 14:56 PM

Lol no, no one seems to remember the anti everything pgren blobs in the coh2 beta
nee
12 Sep 2015, 15:30 PM

Good idea although you obviously need to consider how much (more) effective they are against infantry; I hear people say they suck balls in the AI role, so this might end up being redundant.

At the very least, this should be the case for Partisan Tank Hunters, which are gimped versions of Conscripts with bazookas.
12 Sep 2015, 15:32 PM

2 panzershrecks would cost 180 munitions fit okw, a faction that has (had?) already a munitions penalty. In fact 120 is cheap as hell. But I like to spend my mun for tellermines anyway.

A hold fire button would be nice, but I don't like the toggle idea. Especially because 10 seconds for changing a weapon is too long even in reality.

A priorise vehicles button (for the two shrecks only) would also be very helpful.

12 Sep 2015, 15:35 PM
Patrion 14

OH already is extremely versatile, I don't see why they need this as well.
12 Sep 2015, 15:38 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2015, 15:30 PMnee
Good idea although you obviously need to consider how much (more) effective they are against infantry; I hear people say they suck balls in the AI role, so this might end up being redundant.

They're not. People just can't get used to the fact that they're actually quite balanced right now, rather than the OP BS they used to be. I still like to build them solely for their AI power.
12 Sep 2015, 15:43 PM

they should just allow you to upgrade a single shreck again

problem solved
12 Sep 2015, 15:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm pretty sure this is quite intentional to not have it, otherwise the unit would be far too much of a one-stop for all of a player's needs, which is very not acceptable in competitive multiplayer.

Prioritize Vehicles appeals to me though.
12 Sep 2015, 16:09 PM

IRL the Shrek was too large to holster, especially if you also had an assault rifle.

This could happen with Piats and Zooks, but from a design perspective the only faction I wouldn't mind having holster able AT are the Brits.
12 Sep 2015, 17:34 PM

2 panzershrecks would cost 180 munitions fit okw, a faction that has (had?) already a munitions penalty. In fact 120 is cheap as hell. But I like to spend my mun for tellermines anyway.

A hold fire button would be nice, but I don't like the toggle idea. Especially because 10 seconds for changing a weapon is too long even in reality.

A prioritize vehicles button (for the two shrecks only) would also be very helpful.

This.
DeC
12 Sep 2015, 17:41 PM

"have ma cake and eat it too"
12 Sep 2015, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2015, 17:41 PMDeC
"have ma cake and eat it too"

This is relevant for every "Buff this axis thing" thread in existence. Meanwhile USF plays like warm garbage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★