Login

russian armor

Which faction is the easiest to play as

11 Sep 2015, 17:32 PM

have you played with tigers recently? they don't hold up very well, especially on the offense (hence the introduction of all the super heavy vehicles like the jagdtiger, elefant, kingtiger, etc.).

OH is easy to play because they have many unit types as you'd expect them: an AT gun with great penetration, an MG every other faction wants to steal, versatile long and short range infantry, and a sniper that isn't retarded. they can be trouble for new players because you can't spam one unit and win with them... you have to play balanced combined arms to be effective.

SU is probably the best for new players because the six man squads make unit retention just a little easier. they're also flexible and not too wonky (I can't imagine just jumping into this game cold and trying to learn OKW or UKF).

USF are decent but have to be played a very specific way... i.e. very aggressive with good micro from start to finish. when you play USF you're constantly trying to react to what your opponent is doing or might do instead of imposing your will on them like you can with SU, OH, or OKW (and in mid game with UKF to some extent).

it honestly all depends on style. i have a buddy who doesn't micro well and loves to turtle... UKF it is. in a team setting he can still be super helpful. i don't think he plays 1v1s.
11 Sep 2015, 17:35 PM

OKW for me, Lose many time but still..i say OKW is the easiest for me
DeC
11 Sep 2015, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 17:31 PMAvNY

Sorry the sarcasm wasn't strong enough.

There are a lot of ridiculous, biased, or agenda-driven comments (an many that are merely uninformed) on these forums. yours was none of those, so the question was... what is a reasonable person like you doing here?
Sorry but what the fuck are you talking about
11 Sep 2015, 17:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 17:22 PMDeC
Because almost everyone knows the other 3 are far from 'easy'. OST and UKF struggle early game while USF late game is kinda weak.

Ost much easier to play than OKW, deal with it.

Uhm UK is even more unforgiving than USA, 1 squad wipe and you are set back very heavily and although UK late game is strong, their strength came from synergy, you can't expect a comeback with heavy tank like Axis with their Tigers.

Wait, wat. UKF, can't expect a comeback with heavy tank.. wat. :foreveralone:
11 Sep 2015, 17:50 PM

Prostheer aka OPstheer aka lolstheer aka ostheer.
11 Sep 2015, 17:55 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 17:31 PMAvNY

Sorry the sarcasm wasn't strong enough.

There are a lot of ridiculous, biased, or agenda-driven comments (an many that are merely uninformed) on these forums. yours was none of those, so the question was... what is a reasonable person like you doing here?

I think you are responding to the wrong person. Thanks for the kind words, OP was the one that missed the sarcasm lol
11 Sep 2015, 18:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 17:22 PMDeC
Because almost everyone knows the other 3 are far from 'easy'. OST and UKF struggle early game while USF late game is kinda weak.

Then why would you not include them on the poll? If everyone knows they are not easy, then why would they vote for them? It's democracy bitch, you are ruining the entire purpose of a poll by preemptively making choices for people.
11 Sep 2015, 18:45 PM

Permanently Banned
Luckily for us, we can choose 2 of the 5 factions.
11 Sep 2015, 19:04 PM

hey how come ostheer isn't on the poll!!!
11 Sep 2015, 19:10 PM

6men squad/team weapons
hq building has versatile infantry
1 building has all for combined arms, can build at start
11 Sep 2015, 19:35 PM

USF-Riflemen OP

UKF-Universal Carrier Spam breaks the game
11 Sep 2015, 19:49 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moving to the Lobby
11 Sep 2015, 20:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 16:50 PMKeaper!
Honestly OH is the most straight forward faction to play, in my humble opinion anyway. You have linear tech progression, readily available counters for most things an opponent can throw at you throughout the game, low-micro indirect fire weapons that are very powerful, durable armor, and very cost-effective and flexible infantry backbone. They are the faction I learned how to play the game with and I'd recommend the same to new players.

Soviets are probably a close second, you still have a lot of counters available to you and the faction can be pretty forgiving. It may actually be the easiest come next patch with OH mortar nerf and the ninja gren bug/buff hopefully fixed, but I guess we'll see.

No idea why you think OKW is easy to play. They have a lot of trade-offs and tough decisions they have to make throughout the game to be competitive, not to mention the dubious efficiency/cost ratio of a lot of units/call-ins. I guess they are easy in lower-level play where shreck blobs are effective and the flak truck can shut down 1/3 of the map, so maybe this is what you are seeing (no offense intended.)

USF is by far the hardest imo, especially in its current state. You have paper infantry/armor that are very unforgiving to positional mistakes, tons of micro taxes, very few viable BOs (making USF very predictable,) and by far the worst late game out of any faction.

EDIT: I haven't played the brits enough to have an opinion yet, so I can't really speak to their ease of use.

Boom headshot! You nail it. There also the difference between early game/late game, 1v1/teamgames and low/high level. For 1v1 the match ups are important as well as map.

If 1v1: OH/SU > USF/UKF > OKW. On a heavy UKF meta, OH rules it. Till the new patch arrives, the match up against USF is not as bad as it was on the past.
Teamgames: OH/UKF*/SU > OKW > USF
*Whenever it pair with any of the other 2 factions.

12 Sep 2015, 05:56 AM

Ost much easier to play than OKW, deal with it.

Wait, wat. UKF, can't expect a comeback with heavy tank.. wat. :foreveralone:

Churchill is only good if you have a Heavy Eng blob and ATG behind, alone nobody fears it.
12 Sep 2015, 06:40 AM

looool

Axis fanboy makes post lolling at the ease of use of other factions compared to his favorite only to see everyone insist his favorite faction is the easiest
12 Sep 2015, 10:03 AM

Churchill is only good if you have a Heavy Eng blob and ATG behind, alone nobody fears it.

You are wrong. :foreveralone:
12 Sep 2015, 10:27 AM

Really unless your churchill is a special variant AVRE/Croc it can only kill inf, AT capability of Churchill is the worst of all heavy tank and both Croc and AVRE will be nerfed soon. Compared to Axis Tiger is way more versatile and they got blitz.
12 Sep 2015, 23:29 PM

Prostheer
12 Sep 2015, 23:31 PM

Really unless your churchill is a special variant AVRE/Croc it can only kill inf, AT capability of Churchill is the worst of all heavy tank and both Croc and AVRE will be nerfed soon. Compared to Axis Tiger is way more versatile and they got blitz.

AT capability is still better than a P4, and with grenade AI is unrivaled. It's easy to just roll up to an AT Gun and hard-counter it with your Tank.
12 Sep 2015, 23:49 PM

why there is only 2 choices when there is 5 factions? troll poll !!!!

but either SU or OH is easier to play than others, definitely not OKW
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS