Which one is easier to play as and provide no cheallenge at all
Option Distribution Votes
56%
44%
Total votes: 72
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
DeC
11 Sep 2015, 13:00 PM

So OST/USF have undergone so many changes, their playstyle is effectively different from what it was a few months ago. However the nasty cheeseburger ones still remain unbalanced. SU and OKW.I'm listing their issues here.

SU
  • Cons: They are not working the way they should be, IE effective in numbers. 2 or 3 can tackle down any foe, bun and steal HMG42/GrW34, oorahYOLO any poor panzerIV/Ostwind and feed it to zis, lol at the 222, oorah into grens cover and share it with them!, rush into buildings early game and reserve it for the almighty maxims.
  • Maxim: It's now what the lead balance designer was afraid; a fast a-moving pinning platform, the cheapest one. Just get into buildings and laugh at all of your opponents to counter it
  • SU85: Effective in numbers, ya. But they deny access to the heaviest ones when you build two.
  • Age old problem; Six man units
  • SU76: This one is a huge balance issue of its own
  • M4C: No teching required, cheap Easy8. As USF you should tech up in order to build one, because you know they are OP and shouldn't get free calins!

OKW
  • KubelMotherfuckingWagen
  • NO-Dank-needed play style: Because shreks and 3x pupchen cut it against SU/USF.
  • Untouched teching cost: While every other faction has to spend more now for their teching.
  • Pupchen: An ultra mobile, cheap ATG with peredator-style technoilogy,
  • JagdpanzerIV:
  • Shrecks:

11 Sep 2015, 13:10 PM

Ostheer.

With OKW and Soviets you need micro.
11 Sep 2015, 13:15 PM

Ostheer.
11 Sep 2015, 13:19 PM

I agree Ostheer. The most versatile and flexible faction.
11 Sep 2015, 13:19 PM

DeC
11 Sep 2015, 13:23 PM

Ostheer.
How can you say they are the easiest one when you have zero games as OST? The first guy who said it was being sarcastic.
11 Sep 2015, 13:24 PM

Ostheer.
11 Sep 2015, 13:28 PM
Donator 11

i voted su
with ostheer you need good positioning and macro imo
11 Sep 2015, 13:30 PM

SU. IMO SU is more forgiving to mistakes, and in the current patch M5 all the way.
11 Sep 2015, 13:33 PM

Ostheer. Straight forward faction
Also having only SU and OKW as the only options kinda tells about your biases.
11 Sep 2015, 13:36 PM

The most subjective thread ever right here :).
11 Sep 2015, 16:50 PM
Donator 11

Honestly OH is the most straight forward faction to play, in my humble opinion anyway. You have linear tech progression, readily available counters for most things an opponent can throw at you throughout the game, low-micro indirect fire weapons that are very powerful, durable armor, and very cost-effective and flexible infantry backbone. They are the faction I learned how to play the game with and I'd recommend the same to new players.

Soviets are probably a close second, you still have a lot of counters available to you and the faction can be pretty forgiving. It may actually be the easiest come next patch with OH mortar nerf and the ninja gren bug/buff hopefully fixed, but I guess we'll see.

No idea why you think OKW is easy to play. They have a lot of trade-offs and tough decisions they have to make throughout the game to be competitive, not to mention the dubious efficiency/cost ratio of a lot of units/call-ins. I guess they are easy in lower-level play where shreck blobs are effective and the flak truck can shut down 1/3 of the map, so maybe this is what you are seeing (no offense intended.)

USF is by far the hardest imo, especially in its current state. You have paper infantry/armor that are very unforgiving to positional mistakes, tons of micro taxes, very few viable BOs (making USF very predictable,) and by far the worst late game out of any faction.

EDIT: I haven't played the brits enough to have an opinion yet, so I can't really speak to their ease of use.
11 Sep 2015, 16:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You are missing three other choices on your poll.
11 Sep 2015, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 16:50 PMKeaper!
Honestly OH is the most straight forward faction to play, in my humble opinion anyway. You have linear tech progression, readily available counters for most things an opponent can throw at you throughout the game, low-micro indirect fire weapons that are very powerful, durable armor, and very cost-effective and flexible infantry backbone. They are the faction I learned how to play the game with and I'd recommend the same to new players.

Soviets are probably a close second, you still have a lot of counters available to you and the faction can be pretty forgiving. It may actually be the easiest come next patch with OH mortar nerf and the ninja gren bug/buff hopefully fixed, but I guess we'll see.

No idea why you think OKW is easy to play. They have a lot of trade-offs and tough decisions they have to make throughout the game to be competitive, not to mention the dubious efficiency/cost ratio of a lot of units/call-ins. I guess they are easy in lower-level play where shreck blobs are effective and the flak truck can shut down 1/3 of the map, so maybe this is what you are seeing (no offense intended.)

USF is by far the hardest imo, especially in its current state. You have paper infantry/armor that are very unforgiving to positional mistakes, tons of micro taxes, very few viable BOs (making USF very predictable,) and by far the worst late game out of any faction.

That was actually nicely explained. Concise, reasonable. What are you doing on this forum?!

+3
11 Sep 2015, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 16:57 PMTobis

OP doesn't think so. OP is also sure they have no biases.
11 Sep 2015, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 16:50 PMKeaper!

Uhm UK is even more unforgiving than USA, 1 squad wipe and you are set back very heavily and although UK late game is strong, their strength came from synergy, you can't expect a comeback with heavy tank like Axis with their Tigers.
11 Sep 2015, 17:18 PM

Abstained. It's subjective.
11 Sep 2015, 17:19 PM
Donator 11

Uhm UK is even more unforgiving than USA, 1 squad wipe and you are set back very heavily and although UK late game is strong, their strength came from synergy, you can't expect a comeback with heavy tank like Axis with their Tigers.

I haven't played the brits enough to have a strong opinion, but I'd agree with that. They are definitely unforgiving especially if you misplace units or an emplacement. In terms of ease of play however I'd maintain that USF is much trickier than the damage sponge design of the brits.
DeC
11 Sep 2015, 17:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 16:57 PMTobis
Because almost everyone knows the other 3 are far from 'easy'. OST and UKF struggle early game while USF late game is kinda weak.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 17:00 PMAvNY

What are you doing on this forum?!

+3
wtf are you talking about
11 Sep 2015, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 17:22 PMDeC

wtf are you talking about

Sorry the sarcasm wasn't strong enough.

There are a lot of ridiculous, biased, or agenda-driven comments (an many that are merely uninformed) on these forums. yours was none of those, so the question was... what is a reasonable person like you doing here?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★