Login

russian armor

does the Penal satchel no longer ohk building?

7 Sep 2015, 10:52 AM

Seems like the penal satchel no longer OHK building, and buildings in general seems to be tougher.

While I do approve the overall increase in building durability, the penal satchel need to OHK buildings. It's really the only thing the entire unit is useful for.
7 Sep 2015, 10:54 AM

It's a bug iirc, they accidentally changed something that made buildings extremely resistant to even powerful explosions. Should be fixed next patch.
7 Sep 2015, 11:27 AM

Its not a bug about the grenades, i read that in the patch notes (don't remember which one). They want to make the buildings tougher against grenades.
Don't know about the satchel thou.
7 Sep 2015, 11:34 AM
Patrion 26

They should change penals all together they have no definite role in the game whatsoever. Spending so much MP for a unit that throws only satchels is not worth it
7 Sep 2015, 18:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Remember when satchels would otk anything in deep snow and even your own penals ?
7 Sep 2015, 20:09 PM

Its not a bug about the grenades, i read that in the patch notes (don't remember which one). They want to make the buildings tougher against grenades.
Don't know about the satchel thou.

Grenades.

Satchel charge is a 5-10kg bag of explosives, hardly qualifies as grenade and its impossible to use as such.
7 Sep 2015, 21:10 PM

Grenades.

Satchel charge is a 5-10kg bag of explosives, hardly qualifies as grenade and its impossible to use as such.

What did i say Katitof? If you read the post of the OP, he says that the buildings seem much tougher then before and i gave him an explanation.

Your post was so unnecessary!
7 Sep 2015, 21:16 PM

They should change penals all together they have no definite role in the game whatsoever. Spending so much MP for a unit that throws only satchels is not worth it

collapsing building is also one of few uses the satchel had. with a ~4 seconds timer most units can easily get out of the way.
8 Sep 2015, 07:53 AM

I dunno, I like using Penal Troops. Sometimes people just don't expect it and forget satchels are a thing.
8 Sep 2015, 08:05 AM

The only use of penals i found so far its to instant kill okw trucks with 3 satchel, ( with help of smoke for flak truck )
8 Sep 2015, 08:08 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@OP

Are you sure about this proposition?

About a week ago, I wanted to write something elsewhere about Penals and satchel charges, and took the time to use a Custom game, in order to test the Penals with a satchel charge against the central church in Semoskiy. It was still made of matchsticks and went down to one charge.

EDIT

Please ignore the above. The strength of the church has now altered considerably.

Therefore, I assume the Penals can still do the same with bunkers, but have not tested that recently.
8 Sep 2015, 08:58 AM

@OP

Are you sure about this proposition?

About a week ago, I wanted to write something elsewhere about Penals and satchel charges, and took the time to use a Custom game, in order to test the Penals with a satchel charge against the central church in Semoskiy. It was still made of matchsticks and went down to one charge.

Therefore, I assume the Penals can still do the same with bunkers, but have not tested that recently.

one week age was before the release of UKF. Buildings have been changed since then.

I've seen the satchel failing to demolish buildings multiple times in game. I haven't tried it with bunkers.
8 Sep 2015, 09:06 AM
Patrion 26

I dunno, I like using Penal Troops. Sometimes people just don't expect it and forget satchels are a thing.

They are still not a unit you would use in an everyday match.
You can see them once in a while for the lulz, nothing more.

It feels like they are in the unit roster just to fill a spot in T1, but never to be used.

Would like to see them being buffed a bit. So they could be used in the meta.
8 Sep 2015, 09:22 AM

one week age was before the release of UKF. Buildings have been changed since then.

I've seen the satchel failing to demolish buildings multiple times in game. I haven't tried it with bunkers.

Same for me with the british counterpart (Gannon bomb?).
8 Sep 2015, 09:41 AM

It mostly affects stronger buildings, like Brick or Stone or Plaster. They messed something up that makes these buildings extremely resilient to the point where AVRE and Sturmtiger's can barely dent them.

And don't ask me why Plaster is considered a strong building, that's just Relic Logic.
8 Sep 2015, 10:33 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Thank you for your persistence. :)

I have now been back and tested the church - you are quite right :thumb:: it will not fall to one satchel charge any more. In fact, it is a really sturdy building now. :D

8 Sep 2015, 10:35 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I noticed how USF democharge did 0 damage to a building even tho the demo was next to it. Weird.
8 Sep 2015, 11:10 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2015, 10:35 AMSpanky
I noticed how USF democharge did 0 damage to a building even tho the demo was next to it. Weird.

Not weird at all, Lelic makes it happen
8 Sep 2015, 11:27 AM

They do more damage than conscrips at all ranges plus there is a flamer upgrade. The role is anti-infantry.

collapsing building is also one of few uses the satchel had. with a ~4 seconds timer most units can easily get out of the way.

In the experimental patch thingie Relic has going they removed time to get out of a building all-together. Let's see how that turns out in the end.
8 Sep 2015, 11:32 AM

They do more damage than conscrips at all ranges plus there is a flamer upgrade. The role is anti-infantry.

That's not true, they're weaker at long range than Conscripts. The Flamethrower is getting nerfed soon too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★