Login

russian armor

25 pounder of the British army

Do you think the 25 pounders of the British army are OK?
Option Distribution Votes
43%
57%
Total votes: 133
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
7 Sep 2015, 08:07 AM

I think they are very weak(weakest on map arty thats non doctrinal for sure) and also the sexton(of the RA doctrine) is extremely bad. What do you guys think?
7 Sep 2015, 11:17 AM

I think they are very weak(weakest on map arty thats non doctrinal for sure) and also the sexton(of the RA doctrine) is extremely bad. What do you guys think?

The firing delay is way too long and the scatter is pretty bad even with two guns, I seldomly use it and upgrade all my tommies as healing sqauds.
7 Sep 2015, 11:20 AM
Donator 11

I think all on-map howitzers should function like the 25-pounder with infantry thrown smokebombs, make them (nearly) indestructible base upgrades to compensate for that
7 Sep 2015, 11:42 AM

Its impossible to utilize them in any offensive way without arty regiment or vet1 sniper being exposed to the frontline.

They are definitely not strong, but they have some uses.

Delay between flare and barrage is worst.

But hey, at least they can't be stuka dived.
7 Sep 2015, 12:01 PM
Patrion 15

I like them; I tend to use them shortly before retreating if pushed off a VP. Thanks to the long delay and large scatter they can delay the decap.
7 Sep 2015, 12:05 PM
Patrion 14

They are good to force campy players to move. I like them.
7 Sep 2015, 12:13 PM
Patrion 14

I like the concept, but the impact is a bit lacking. Longer barrage or higher rate of fire would be good.
7 Sep 2015, 12:43 PM

I like them; I tend to use them shortly before retreating if pushed off a VP. Thanks to the long delay and large scatter they can delay the decap.

Well, form what I can tell from my experience with them, this is the best use of them, to cover your retreat, either soft or hard, flare on your units, move back, wait for opponent to walk right into barrage that hits everything but his units :sibHyena:
7 Sep 2015, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 12:13 PMSappi
I like the concept, but the impact is a bit lacking. Longer barrage or higher rate of fire would be good.

At the moment their impact is more psychological than destructive. They force campy players to move around more, or spend more time watching their simcity carefully. (try watching replays, from your opponents' perspective, where you've used Brit arty. You'll see they tend to spend time watching their encampments instead of ordering their troops around).

However, I think the arty scatter value is set too high. If that can't change, then I also suggest longer duration barrages.
7 Sep 2015, 18:45 PM

They could just remove the munitions cost from the flare and give it universal cooldown so all squads have to wait if one squad throws it.

Healing is a one time cost that can be used for free every time after the initial upgrade, but you have to purchase the upgrade and then pay again to throw the flare for some lackluster artillery?

Also worth mentioning the sniper gets the flare with vet despite him not really needing it since he should be far enough away from the front line.
7 Sep 2015, 18:50 PM

They are for free and non doctrinal .... you can't make them better or as good as ML20 / LeFH. Since they don't cost resources and don't take popcap.
7 Sep 2015, 22:12 PM

The shittiness of the sexton is the main irritation imo.
7 Sep 2015, 22:16 PM

The shittiness of the sexton is the main irritation imo.

Sexton: "What is AoE?"
7 Sep 2015, 22:39 PM

I mean they are free, the munitions barrier is a a bit high for the performance though.

Would be worth it if they could fire smoke since brit infantry doesn't have any atm

:edit: actually im paying for them with all that manpower high tech costs, id rather have a captain at least he can cap, they should really do more
7 Sep 2015, 22:46 PM

They are for free and non doctrinal .... you can't make them better or as good as ML20 / LeFH. Since they don't cost resources and don't take popcap.

they are hardly "free" when they require your tommies to get within grenade distance and spend 45 mu to throw a smoke.

To answer the OP. It's a good concept and useful in certain situation. Unfortunately it still leaves the brits without a non-doctrine mobile artillery. The sexton isn't that good either.
7 Sep 2015, 22:46 PM

They should remove the munitions cost on the flares, and see if people use them then.
7 Sep 2015, 22:58 PM

they are hardly "free" when they require your tommies to get within grenade distance and spend 45 mu to throw a smoke.

To answer the OP. It's a good concept and useful in certain situation. Unfortunately it still leaves the brits without a non-doctrine mobile artillery. The sexton isn't that good either.

Even so 45 mu is nothing. Doctrinal artillery barrages cost at least 160 munitions. It's still better than the major arty barrage.
7 Sep 2015, 23:01 PM
Patrion 14

i like it. it is slow but comes down for a long time.

also, does anyone know differences between Priest and Sexton?
7 Sep 2015, 23:06 PM

Even so 45 mu is nothing. Doctrinal artillery barrages cost at least 160 munitions. It's still better than the major arty barrage.

Using 45mu on an ability that will have almost no damage on the enemy, with a faction that relies on mun intensive abilities makes you think twice about unlocking and using it. I personally never use. It's a waste of ammo.

And no, thanks to the horrible scatter, low damage and the requirement to get extremely close to the target (with expensive units), I'd prefer the Major arty.
7 Sep 2015, 23:10 PM

Doctrinal barrages often count as area denial by killing whats in the area and only requires LoS - at least doesnt require spending munitions beforehand, a unit to get up close and risk dying, and comes nearly immediately. -_-

Could at least have the upgrade come free instead of costing 40 muni to throw 45 muni (dedicating a unit to risk itself instead of possibly heal) or the barrage itself be free since all it does is cause the enemy to step aside slightly - which really isnt much since you cant go near the area either. Major fake artillery has the same effect and doesnt requires micro transactions beforehand.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★