Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/04/2015

PAGES (13)down
bC_
2 of 6 Relic postsRelic 5 Sep 2015, 02:32 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Very good changes. One question though.

Why is the m20 not on that list? It seems every faction now has a non doctrine unit that is now a good counter to a sniper.

will be adding to next revision ;)
5 Sep 2015, 02:34 AM

1 thing I don't understand, they say the MG42 was over performing so gave it a nerf, they probably nerfed it too much and have now reverted to back it was when they thought it was over performing?

errrrr.......
5 Sep 2015, 02:36 AM

Agree, restore the MG 42 and increase the price to 280MP.
bC_
3 of 6 Relic postsRelic 5 Sep 2015, 02:38 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 02:34 AMLatch
1 thing I don't understand, they say the MG42 was over performing so gave it a nerf, they probably nerfed it too much and have now reverted to back it was when they thought it was over performing?

errrrr.......

that is the whole point of this mod preview to help us make revisions and try the ch anges before it actually gets patched into the live game. It gives more refinement to the process and all members of the community are involved.
5 Sep 2015, 02:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 02:38 AMbC_

that is the whole point of this mod preview to help us make revisions and try the ch anges before it actually gets patched into the live game. It gives more refinement to the process and all members of the community are involved.

Oh I understand Im a developer myself, but wouldn't it make more sense to adjust the values again rather than placing them back to a value that was deemed over performing, especially as that's the point of the preview, to find the sweet spot?
5 Sep 2015, 02:45 AM

Can you give us some thoughts behind some of the changes in this preview? I'm having a hard time understanding the reasoning.
5 Sep 2015, 02:53 AM

It's more of a bug than balance change (or working as designed), but the Royal Engineer Recovery squads under the Tactical Support Regiment commander can't upgrade to Heavy Engineers if you go Anvil.
bC_
4 of 6 Relic postsRelic 5 Sep 2015, 02:56 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 02:41 AMLatch

Oh I understand Im a developer myself, but wouldn't it make more sense to adjust the values again rather than placing them back to a value that was deemed over performing, especially as that's the point of the preview, to find the sweet spot?

the change in itself was a very minor decrease in profile (0.05) With the increase in durability in rifleman it up it did not feel necessary to warrant the change.
5 Sep 2015, 03:01 AM

+10 internet points to you good sir.
5 Sep 2015, 03:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 00:41 AMnigo
Balance Preview Update 09/04/2015

Added back the 50% reduce damage modifer to green cover for explosive weapons
Reduced Damage modifer for the USF mortar halftrack from 1 to 0.5
Reverted Armor buff to Sherman from 180 back to 160
Increase scatter of assault grenades so they don't stack
MG42 damage profile reverted back to 0.25/0.625
AEC Cost reduced from 60 to 50
AEC Research fuel cost increased from 10 to 15
Universal Carrier, WC51 Doge, 222, Kubelwagon, and M3 Scout car now have 50 bonus accuracy to snipers type.
Brace recharge time increased from 15 to 90 seconds
Rifle Company will only call in VET 1 Rifleman.
AA Mode removed from the USF AA Halftrack, general AA stats have been compensated to adjust.
Glider HQ no longers grants resource bonus
ML120 damage increaed from 160 to 200
Crew Reapir Operation repair rate reduced by 30% (16 per tick to 11 per tick)
HMG can no longer garrison the 17lb At gun
Tiger Penetration increased from 180/200/220 to 200/220/240
Tiger range increased from 45 to 50
Added bonus damage against emplacment for walking stuka
Fixed incendiary greande animations for Volksgreandiers
Bofors Accuracy reduced from 0.875/0.818/0.76 to 0.775/0.46/0.36
Bofors Damage reduced from 40 to 30
Bofors Vs building garrison cover dmg multiplier changed from 0.5 to 0.2
Bofors Distance_scatter_max changed from 2.15 to 5.15

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! why u make the sherman a paper deathtrap still?
5 Sep 2015, 03:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 02:56 AMbC_

the change in itself was a very minor decrease in profile (0.05) With the increase in durability in rifleman it up it did not feel necessary to warrant the change.

Speaking on that, I wanted to make sure I understood the change - it would have reduced the effectiveness of scattering shots which manage to hit another unit aside from the gun's main target as caused by focus fire being off on the gun, right?
5 Sep 2015, 03:38 AM

what about the heavy royal engineers superb repair speed they repair 2x faster than sturmpionners and since the light vehicles are great against sniper what about ost sniper nerf the british one is overpeforming comparing to ost one at least make vet 3 from.85 to .8

and Brace recharge time increased from 15 to 90 seconds :foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone:
5 Sep 2015, 03:43 AM

what about the heavy royal engineers superb repair speed they repair 2x faster than sturmpionners

That's more of a design than a balance issue :facepalm:
You're forced to choose between hammer or anvil as opposed to the sturmpio always being available.
5 Sep 2015, 03:44 AM

That's more of a design than a balance issue :facepalm:
You're forced to choose between hammer or anvil as opposed to the sturmpio always being available.

Royal Engineers in general have the same repair speed as Sturms but at 5 men while costing much less.
5 Sep 2015, 04:08 AM

Royal Engineers in general have the same repair speed as Sturms but at 5 men while costing much less.

Sturms in general have the same repair speed as RE's while being starter unit that beats all other starter units and oftentimes mainline infantry as well as having barbed wire that annoys light vehicles and isnt part of a manpower starved faction - costing a merely 110mp more (and having the reinforce cost of a much cheaper squad)

Wording.
5 Sep 2015, 04:18 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Good changes. WP
5 Sep 2015, 04:20 AM

Don't forget that they costs quite a bit to reinforce given their cost and are unlocked at T2 as opposed to sturmpios which are available at the start and if memory serves me right Royal engies are way worse at fighting that sturms.

tbh I don't see your point. The game is asymmetrical balance so of course units from 1 faction might be better cost for cost against another faction's unit with a similar role like with cons vs grens.
5 Sep 2015, 04:25 AM
Donator 11

Love the changes. I really really REALLY enjoy how you guys are willing to work with the community. You guy are genius.

I would add in buffs/changes to units that are seldom used due to their under-performance. Please at least take a look at them:

• M3 Assault Group
  • Ostheer SdkFz 250 that comes w/ LMG Gren or PG squad
  • Soviet 45mm light AT gun
  • WC51 dodge, USF major artillery strike
  • USF Riflemen increased sight that comes with recon company (buggy; add passive not in cover too! :D)
  • KV-2
  • Advanced Vehicle Crews (thompson upgrade)
  • USF dual paratrooper + AT gun call-in
  • Soviet Defensive Doctrine
  • Ostheer Defensive Doctrine
  • Soviet PMD mines.

I just really want to see these units in the game, it would really make it more interesting.
bC_
5 of 6 Relic postsRelic 5 Sep 2015, 04:27 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 03:19 AMVuther

Speaking on that, I wanted to make sure I understood the change - it would have reduced the effectiveness of scattering shots which manage to hit another unit aside from the gun's main target as caused by focus fire being off on the gun, right?

no the damage aoe profile means at the ranges (near / med / far) it will do the base damage x that.

For example

lets say the profile is (1 near / 0.5 med / 0.25 far)

and the base damage is 100.

at near assuming it is a hit and scatter is not a factor you will do 100 / 50 / 25 damage at the ranges.

the changes to the HMG profile were to reduce the damage it did at ranges as it was looking like it was killing too many models thus compounding the "manpower bleed" of the USF. However like I said earlier with the buff to rifleman it did not seem necessary anymore.
5 Sep 2015, 04:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 04:27 AMbC_

no the damage aoe profile means at the ranges (near / med / far) it will do the base damage x that.

For example

lets say the profile is (1 near / 0.5 med / 0.25 far)

and the base damage is 100.

at near assuming it is a hit and scatter is not a factor you will do 100 / 50 / 25 damage at the ranges.

the changes to the HMG profile were to reduce the damage it did at ranges as it was looking like it was killing too many models thus compounding the "manpower bleed" of the USF. However like I said earlier with the buff to rifleman it did not seem necessary anymore.

Ah, thank you. So it actually was what I suspected it should be at first glance, which I then assumed was not the case because I wasn't even aware the game had such a mechanic.

Thank you very much for your time.
PAGES (13)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

New Zealand 114
South Africa 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L