Ostheer Sniper ROF

PAGES (10)down
25 Aug 2015, 12:04 PM
Benefactor 340

i think every faction has a sniper that excels at something for instance

sovietssoviets: soviet sniper is the most durable with two men

ostheerostheer Whermancht sniper has high fire rate

britsbrits Brit sniper has armor perceiving capability

i think that taking away what makes the German sniper excel would be detrimental considing how he fits in with other factions snipers and i dont know that the fact that germans have 4 man squads is the lone reason why the German sniper fires faster i think they wanted each faction to have unique snipers that have different pros and cons.
25 Aug 2015, 12:09 PM

i think that taking away what makes the German sniper excel would be detrimental considing how he fits in with other factions snipers and i dont know that the fact that germans have 4 man squads is the lone reason why the German sniper fires faster i think they wanted each faction to have unique snipers that have different pros and cons.

Umm, soviet sniper is LEAST durable precisely because of 2 men.
Brit and Ost snipers can eat mortar/rocket shell that deal 80 damage, they can eat direct nade to the face and shrug it off, sov sniper will die to all of that.

Sov sniper have advantage in sniper wars, but ost sniper camo, aim time and vet1 aibility nullify that advantage effectively.

The AP capabilities of brit sniper boil down to it being different version of AT nade as you won't be killing anything with its BOYS rifle unless it'll be last shot needed.
25 Aug 2015, 12:57 PM
Benefactor 340

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2015, 12:09 PMKatitof

Brit and Ost snipers can eat mortar/rocket shell that deal 80 damage, they can eat direct nade to the face and shrug it off, sov sniper will die to all of that.

Sov sniper have advantage in sniper wars, but ost sniper camo, aim time and vet1 aibility nullify that advantage effectively.

The AP capabilities of brit sniper boil down to it being different version of AT nade as you won't be killing anything with its BOYS rifle unless it'll be last shot needed.

what are the actual stats on the health of the snipers i think at least with the soviets you have the option to retreat and re-encofce

and the brit sniper Boys rifle will probably be like a PTRS and has the skill shot which will be valuable
25 Aug 2015, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2015, 11:34 AMLooney

Replace Brits with any other faction and the other faction would lose just the same, werh sniper OP. That's all there is to it.

3 rifles with no upgrades < 2 grens + sniper
3 cons < 2 grens + sniper

It depends on skill of course as well, what position they are in, etc.

I agree to some extent, but Sovs and USF are not helpless. A good Rifles or Cons ambush, Oorah or M20 rush are good counters. But UKF, the will bleed too much and the carrier is way behind M20 in terms of combat power.

All I'm saying is, good players can play against a well-microed sniper with Sov or USF (USF is harder though as we all know) but UKF will bleed for a much longer time. Although Ost sniper is somewhat OP as you say, Brits might need better mechanics to counter them early.

I have to add that I mostly played as axis in the alpha since everyone wanted to play UKF at the time I wanted to play, and I abused the hell out of sniper.
25 Aug 2015, 14:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2015, 12:09 PMKatitof

jesus christ, why do you even bother buying the brits, just let them be because theyre so underpowered against the OP Ostheer and their OP Sniper and ofc against OKW because they have so much hard AT that will easily wreck Brits in 2 seconds.

Ofcourse master Katitof knows it all and dont you even bother replying to him, he will shitpost you anyway.
27 Aug 2015, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2015, 10:37 AMKatitof

Oh I never accused you of fanboyism, reading more then what is written isn't good for mental health either you know.

I've simply pointed out a flaw in your way of thinking, not being able to use your main line infantry just because opponent have a single unit and because you have engineer isn't smartest of excuses and arguments, don't you agree?

You didn't outright say it but the implication was there (or at least i perceived it). Perhaps I overreacted and I am sorry for that, but you're pretty biased in your posting, so you calling anyone a fanboy is... eh, never-mind, this whole point will get us nowhere

Also, I never said its a good argument. It was meant to be an example hypothetical. Here, I'll say it with emphasis: IT WAS NEVER A GOOD ARGUMENT, AND IT WASN'T MEANT TO BE ONE

Moving on: why exactly are you against squad size standardization (and corresponding dps adjustment)? I think it would enable better balancing of both snipers and AoE weapons
27 Aug 2015, 20:47 PM

Squad size standardization would be cool, and good IMO. WFA factions = 5 men, no exceptions.
27 Aug 2015, 22:52 PM

Maybe they added target tables so that they could make the sniper less op vs Brits.
27 Aug 2015, 23:24 PM

Maybe they added target tables so that they could make the sniper less op vs Brits.

This, now that target tables exist they can simply make the Sniper rate-of-fire slower against British Troops, maybe Americans. Same for making the Soviet Sniper faster vs Panzerfusiliers.
28 Aug 2015, 07:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2015, 13:51 PMRMMLz

I agree to some extent, but Sovs and USF are not helpless. A good Rifles or Cons ambush, Oorah or M20 rush are good counters. But UKF, the will bleed too much and the carrier is way behind M20 in terms of combat power.

All I'm saying is, good players can play against a well-microed sniper with Sov or USF (USF is harder though as we all know) but UKF will bleed for a much longer time. Although Ost sniper is somewhat OP as you say, Brits might need better mechanics to counter them early.

Not true for USF. You can ambush as much as you want, use a m20 if you want. The only way to kill a well microed sniper is RNG. It doesn't mean you don't have to flank or ambush, just that half of the time, Superman dodge your bullets like Neo in Matrix.
29 Aug 2015, 02:45 AM

IMO the biggest difference between the OST sniper and the Soviet is how fucking fast the OST sniper can get a shot off and then cloak. It makes counter-sniping it impossible and it is easy enough to avoid an M3 seeing how fucking slow its acceleration and turn radius is now.
29 Aug 2015, 05:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 07:14 AMEsxile

Not true for USF. You can ambush as much as you want, use a m20 if you want. The only way to kill a well microed sniper is RNG. It doesn't mean you don't have to flank or ambush, just that half of the time, Superman dodge your bullets like Neo in Matrix.

I didn't say any different. I'm just more concerned about Brits that's all.
29 Aug 2015, 22:03 PM

As Soviet player if they gave the Soviet sniper the same aim time and cloak time as the Ost sniper I'd be ok.

It still would be inferior with the Ost health, ROF and Vet 1 but it would address the biggest differences.
aaa
29 Aug 2015, 22:27 PM

germs sniper have too much pros. And sovs sniper is probably most fragile unit in the game. It can be easily wiped with mortar hit or tank, any arty or 1 lmg gren in a second.
Germs sniper survives insane amount of close range infantry fire. It survives katy heavy mortar. It cloaks in 1 second at close distance - this is espesialy retarded as if its dark from sc.

It was once bad and now they overbuffed him and germs opening in general.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS