Login

russian armor

Ostheer Sniper ROF

PAGES (10)down
21 Aug 2015, 13:06 PM

Hallo Katitof, I'll try and be nice here, please reread my post, especially the "I dont care about Brits part". I havent played with or against Brits so I am not able to comment on the matter.
I can however very much comment on the Soviet vs OH sniper dynamics, and yes, OH sniper absolutely positively needs a higher ROF to be worth jack since he has to contend with 6 man cheap squads.
21 Aug 2015, 13:06 PM

The British Sniper has a very low ROF because it's not supposed to shoot at infantry. The way to go about making the Ost sniper better versus bigger squads while not fucking smaller squads in the ass is to make it so were the smaller the number of models in the squad the harder they are to hit.

21 Aug 2015, 13:09 PM

If the rate of fire comes down, Sov weapon team sizes need to come down too...
21 Aug 2015, 13:28 PM

Hallo Katitof, I'll try and be nice here, please reread my post, especially the "I dont care about Brits part". I havent played with or against Brits so I am not able to comment on the matter.
I can however very much comment on the Soviet vs OH sniper dynamics, and yes, OH sniper absolutely positively needs a higher ROF to be worth jack since he has to contend with 6 man cheap squads.

Higher rof yes, but not the current level.
Try to get yourself a key for brit preview and you'll understand it better why current ost sniper rof is unacceptable for balance.

Just imagine that soviets suddenly can build ost sniper with its RoF and use it against grens. Pleasent?
Well, this is what USF currently have to endure with their weapon teams.

USF with squad sizes of 5 and 4 already backs up the point and you already can see the impact of ost sniper, focusing solely on soviets is basically putting on blinders and ignoring already present, inconvenient argument. We have a faction with less entities in squads, we can't ignore it and soviet sniper wasn't buffed just because OKW have 5 and 6 men squads.

Moreover ost sniper was never really an optimal unit against soviets, mortar always triumphed it.

And last but not least, soviet sniper viability vs volks and pfussiliers more then proves that ost sniper rof nerf will not kill the unit at all.

(see? if you're polite, then I don't have any problems to be this way as well)
21 Aug 2015, 13:37 PM

It is called "recieved accuracy".

Received accuracy for ignoring AoE explosion damage?
21 Aug 2015, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2015, 13:28 PMKatitof

we can't ignore it and soviet sniper wasn't buffed just because OKW have 5 and 6 men squads.)

One 5 man squad and one 6 man squad. With only one costing less than Grens to reinforce.
21 Aug 2015, 13:57 PM

Katitof, maybe, again, I don't care about the Brits too much, but frankly, its not a lack of manners on my part. I mean, how many dudes on this site do you actually get along with?
21 Aug 2015, 14:01 PM

Katitof, maybe, again, I don't care about the Brits too much, but frankly, its not a lack of manners on my part. I mean, how many dudes on this site do you actually get along with?

Every single one that doesn't attack me on sight :megusta:

Also, the principle is easy, super fast RoF vs 4 men squads.
USF support weapons, pathfinders.

We don't need to wait for brits to see how it performs, how much bleed it causes and how quickly it forces reteats, causing loss of map control.

@alex
It doesn't matter its just 2 squads, in case you haven't noticed, these squads are kind of most popular ones among OKW builds and if you see one, you'll often see 3-4 more.
Do I really have to explain it to you?

Also, both of them cost less to reinforce per model then grens, making them cost effective against snipers.
This I actually had to explain as I doubt you knew it.
21 Aug 2015, 14:10 PM

And here I was thinking you attacked everybody on sight.
But whatever. OH sniper vs US is currently too strong, but its not because of the ROF but because of its durability vs smallarms. An ROF cut would mean the unit would have to be buffed otherwise or else it would become useless vs Soviets again.
21 Aug 2015, 14:13 PM

Stop wasting your time with nitty gritty fighting with Katikof. He thrives on it Kappa.

aaa
21 Aug 2015, 14:15 PM

OH sniper need nerf in more than 1 way and sure no kind of buff.
It looks like a trolling to bring OH sniper buff into consideration cuz it total nonsense.

Remove inderect fire 1 shot wipes from all snipers not only OH's one. And if any sniper gets hit by mortar it it shoud not be able to fire until retreat and heal.
OH Cloak time increase!!! Small arms fire resistanse decrease
21 Aug 2015, 14:18 PM

I wouldn´t change the Ostheer sniper because of the Brits. That´s a problem with the (new) factions, not the Sniper. You can´t let the Ostheer Sniper face 6 men squads and 4 man squads at the same time and expect it to be balanced in all cases.

Just give Brits the appropriate counter soon enough. Imo the Jeep should be (re-)introduced to the US.

I can already see the Sniper becoming shit again versus Soviets with people whining here. Then it will disappear from the game again.
21 Aug 2015, 14:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2015, 14:01 PMKatitof

@alex
It doesn't matter its just 2 squads, in case you haven't noticed, these squads are kind of most popular ones among OKW builds and if you see one, you'll often see 3-4 more.
Do I really have to explain it to you?

Also, both of them cost less to reinforce per model then grens, making them cost effective against snipers.
This I actually had to explain as I doubt you knew it.

Pfuss cost only slightly less than Grens to reinforce and have have no received accuracy so they die easier from small arms fire. Every other OKW unit outside of Volks cost more than Grens to reinforce. Do you seriously think that the 50 per model for Obers or 55 for Fallsch is chump change?

Snipers are effective versus OKW, this doesn't even touch on the fact that Volks aren't actually all that useful anymore outside of being literal meat to cap with due to the Rackten buffs.

EDIT: You seem awful fond of implying I don't know how to play OKW when you have 1/12th of the OKW games I do.

21 Aug 2015, 14:21 PM

Wher sniper is so game breaking that ally can't even have a huge win streak ... oh wait

Let not talk versus UKF, cause for now they are not in the game

Don't try to fix what is not broken
21 Aug 2015, 14:23 PM

Permanently Banned

Snipers are effective versus OKW, .

No they aren't. Sov sniper does almost zero bleed against okw. Unless you are fucking retarded enough to get multiple, sturms, falls, or obers.
21 Aug 2015, 14:30 PM

No they aren't. Sov sniper does almost zero bleed against okw. Unless you are fucking retarded enough to get multiple, sturms, falls, or obers.

Explain us why snipers dont bleed OKW please, OKW have free reinforce now ?

I can't see where a Sov sniper with 50 kills didnt cause OKW to bleed
21 Aug 2015, 14:30 PM

Multiple Sturms has been the meta since the last patch. And 2 Obers is normally required if you are using Elite Armored or Spec Op's (IE no call in infantry). Unless you think your going to take on Soviets or LMG Rifles/Para's with Volks lol.

Obviously though I got to top 40 by being retarded, QED.
aaa
21 Aug 2015, 14:33 PM

1.Now OH sniper if it gets hit by mortar rocket truck he just retreats no problem.
2. If squad fires at it at point blank range he just dont care.
3. 1 sec cloak at close range
4. All this available for MP floating faction, that doesnt need to tech cuz of its callins stug e and tiger
21 Aug 2015, 14:35 PM

Snipers are effective versus OKW, this doesn't even touch on the fact that Volks aren't actually all that useful anymore outside of being literal meat to cap with due to the Rackten buffs.

Wow one of the best infantry units in the game getting thrown under the bus for the Rakenten. Ok, whatever.

But seriously the Soviet sniper's aim time is so high that obers walking towards it will be within range before the first model drops. At this point the Soviet player has to retreat. Tip: It may not be a good idea to push on Soviet sniper with high MP reinforcing squads. Falls dropping out of buildings don't care about losing a model, if they do they should be easily trading for 1 or both sniper models.

Soviet sniper is not as good as Ost sniper, and this is going to be painfully obvious with Brits. When Soviet sniper had sprint it was arguably better, but not now. I play a lot with the Soviet Sniper and I always prefer the Ost sniper.

As OKW I don't care at all about Soviet snipers I just build more volks. Then he has a choice: go Guards to try to stop light vehicles and get a squad that is not optimal to take down infantry and costs him 75 munitions just to do that, or go shocks and be open to getting destroyed by light vehicles, or tech to T2 and slow his run to T3 and build an AT gun (and likely not got T4). Meanwhile I can go med to stay on field or mech to get light vehicles, or ignore that and go to commanders (or if I am really winning go Schwer and get a Luchs to hunt them down).
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 112
unknown 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %