Login

russian armor

Ostheer Sniper ROF

PAGES (10)down
20 Aug 2015, 06:49 AM

Permanently Banned

Spend more resources stalling mp and teching, and you still have to retreat infantry to reinforce them, and your first IS's still face Ost sniper as 4 men.

Also, more men for Ost to bleed. 35 mp per man for IS.

Bren carrier
20 Aug 2015, 06:50 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 02:14 AMXucphra
In the current game build, I think the Ostheer sniper is close to where he needs to be. If you're talking about the sniper VS the UKF, I think it's too early for that discussion.

Pretty much my thought.

Half the stuff "seemed to be" greatly under- & overperforming, for obvious reasons. Talking about what may or may not be a problem with the release, without even taking overall faction design into consideration, is a bit... weird.

Though, in general i wouldn't say no to a slight ROF nerf, for both snipers.
20 Aug 2015, 06:52 AM

Bren carrier

Building a gren/osttruppen. A standard UC is very bad at dealing with snipers. Also, better for Ost, 15 fuel slowing down teching.

I chose "other" so Ost sniper is still effective vs soviets but isnt a hassle for UKF that requires every unit to try to deal with it.
20 Aug 2015, 06:59 AM

Bren carrier

You weren't in the Alpha and broke into the Alpha forum, and now you splitting bullcrap without playing the game, hur?
20 Aug 2015, 07:13 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 06:59 AMPorygon

You weren't in the Alpha and broke into the Alpha forum, and now you splitting bullcrap without playing the game, hur?

Stop spreading lies
20 Aug 2015, 08:47 AM
Patrion 15

Currently I feel OST sniper is too strong due to a combination of RoF, Veteran 1 ability, and survivability. He is rather overpowered to poor USF as he gains veterancy very quickly while inflicting horrendous bleed. Downgrade his rate of fire and MAYBE even put him into tier 2 as well increased recieved accuracy. With the introduction of the WFA and the Brits, snipers are in a very odd spot right now. I recall the days of VCoh and how great Wehrmacht sniper was against the Brits back then. Even if OST sniper was given the mirror rate of fire he has better camo and a extremely good veterancy 1 ability which would make up for the lost of rate of fire.

Putting him into t2 is a really interesting suggestion. At that point Brits or USF could have a counter out, and he wouldn't be able to devastate early game infantry. Probably wouldn't even need the ROF nerf
20 Aug 2015, 08:57 AM

Can't the Brits just countersnipe?

Its irrelevant.
Ost sniper is "old tiger ace" level of overpowered against brits.

Brit sniper also have much inferior camo and longer aim times, its in no way a counter to ost sniper and you won't be able to afford it anyway because of bleed.

There is not a single reason why ost sniper wouldn't have reduced RoF, maybe not as bad as soviet one, but it definitely should NOT kill faster then brit sniper.

@Queen
Bren isn't even sniper soft counter, not as long as grens have pfaust.

@Xucphra
Not really, some of us played already and its a common sense, 4 men with 35mp reinfrce vs turbosniper, it screams imbalance.

Relic makes IS seem much stronger then grens, they are not.
20 Aug 2015, 09:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 08:57 AMKatitof
There is not a single reason why ost sniper wouldn't have reduced RoF, maybe not as bad as soviet one, but it definitely should NOT kill faster then brit sniper.
I´m against that. That would make the Ostheer Sniper absolutely useless versus the 6 men Soviets. It would have to go down in cost then.
20 Aug 2015, 09:14 AM

I think this unit should be nerfed. Ostheer sniper is horribly overperforms against usf. It's vet 1 ability is OP, rate of fire is way too hight against 30 manpower to reinforce units and it survives small arms fire way too good.
20 Aug 2015, 09:17 AM

Can't the Brits just countersnipe?

British sniper aims two times longer than ostheer sniper cloaks.
20 Aug 2015, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 09:12 AMButcher
I´m against that. That would make the Ostheer Sniper absolutely useless versus the 6 men Soviets. It would have to go down in cost then.

Is sov sniper absolutely useless against OKW pfussiliers?

Sorry, that isn't relevant argument.

Not every unit is useful against every faction and in all situations.

You wouldn't build Kubel against T1 soviets, but its bordering on overpowered against USF.

Same with snipers, you don't need it at all against soviets, its extremely potent against USF(lack of counters, lesser squad numbers, higher reinforce), but it will be way too op against brits(all the reasons its extremely potent vs brits+even higher costs and even lesser squads).

We aren't really asking here IF the ost sniper RoF will be nerfed, but WHEN and by how much.
20 Aug 2015, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 09:19 AMKatitof

Is sov sniper absolutely useless against OKW pfussiliers?

Sorry, that isn't relevant argument.

Not every unit is useful against every faction and in all situations.

You wouldn't build Kubel against T1 soviets, but its bordering on overpowered against USF.

Same with snipers, you don't need it at all against soviets, its extremely potent against USF(lack of counters, lesser squad numbers, higher reinforce), but it will be way too op against brits(all the reasons its extremely potent vs brits+even higher costs and even lesser squads).

We aren't really asking here IF the ost sniper RoF will be nerfed, but WHEN and by how much.

- Kubel bordering OP against USF ? What ?

- Hope Commando ambush 8X will be hit by nerf hammer at the same time ;)

20 Aug 2015, 09:38 AM

I would not worry about Ost vs Brits until they are released! Yes I played the alpha as well. Is nda still in place for us?

Anyways ost sniper is a wee bit too resilient these days. Tweak that and he is fine IMO. The problem with the rof is, he was designed to fight cheap 6 man squads for the most part. Usf design+ open maps= ost sniper wet dream unless the other player is one hell of a flanker.

Vs soviets, an early ost sniper means your trading territory and muni/fuel effectively for a long term manpower advantage. Catching the sniper out with flanks should be more rewarding, although not to the extent of the olden days where a stray bullet killed him.

20 Aug 2015, 09:40 AM

I'd say keep the sniper as it is. since brits get the 5th squad member later on. (Why don't they give the same to whermacht biatches)
20 Aug 2015, 10:05 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 09:19 AMKatitof

next year :snfBarton:

MVGame

edit:

decrease the HP and let the ROF the same
20 Aug 2015, 10:17 AM

I'd say keep the sniper as it is. since brits get the 5th squad member later on. (Why don't they give the same to whermacht biatches)

Same reason the faction infamous for their use of LMG's doesn't get to equip LMG's on any squad and gain Defensive Stance. Power Creep + Relic is unwilling to add new things to old factions unless they replace something.

I just hope Ostheer gets the improved spacing. Brits had a default advantage in their unit spacing, they actually stood apart instead of sniffing each other's assholes.
20 Aug 2015, 10:24 AM

Stop spreading lies

You act like China media.
20 Aug 2015, 10:26 AM

I love how there is no normal 'No' answer' :).

OT: Don't mirror it, that would be unbalanced cause of the 2 units / squad for the Sov Sniper.
I don't have any problem with the OST Sniper atm, you can kill it from a mile away.
It's fine imo.
20 Aug 2015, 10:30 AM

make target tabls agains factions . so he ill have the same rof as he have now vs soviets .

Agains GB it gets rof like soviet sniper

and agains US is will get middle ground between now and soviet rof
aaa
20 Aug 2015, 10:30 AM

Voted mirror but meaning mirror their cloak time first of all.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 57
unknown 25
Netherlands 10
Russian Federation 55
Sweden 12
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias