Login

russian armor

Ostheer Sniper ROF

PAGES (10)down
Should Ostheer Sniper lose its Rate of Fire advantage over the Soviet sniper?
Option Distribution Votes
16%
34%
42%
8%
Total votes: 160
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
20 Aug 2015, 02:00 AM
Patrion 14

All right guys, with the first real gameplay of the British forces as a faction, we have seen that the factions baseline infantry is a 4-man 280 mp squad. Obviously, the Soviet sniper has a low rof to compensate for the fact that Ostheer has 4 man squads.

I posit that the ostheer sniper needs to lose its Rate of Fire advantage, to become more balanced vs. The British (it seemed to be greatly overperforming in alpha.)

What do you guys think? Am I correct, being too harsh, or just a blindly biased fanboy who should burn for attempting to nerf poor Ostheer. Why?

Edit: shit, I forgot an "other" option. Can someone add it to the poll please?
20 Aug 2015, 02:07 AM

Yeah, something needs to be done against WM sniper. It's already overperforming currently, and if it stays the same on 9/3 then UKF will never find its footing in this game.
20 Aug 2015, 02:09 AM

I'm okay with the Ostheer sniper being *better* than the Soviet sniper, but I do find it grating just how much better he is. I'd be fine with a slight RoF reduction. Or as someone suggested in a thread about this, a received accuracy penalty so he still has effectively less than 82 health, but is less susceptible to artillery.
20 Aug 2015, 02:14 AM

In the current game build, I think the Ostheer sniper is close to where he needs to be. If you're talking about the sniper VS the UKF, I think it's too early for that discussion.
20 Aug 2015, 02:28 AM

Currently I feel OST sniper is too strong due to a combination of RoF, Veteran 1 ability, and survivability. He is rather overpowered to poor USF as he gains veterancy very quickly while inflicting horrendous bleed. Downgrade his rate of fire and MAYBE even put him into tier 2 as well increased recieved accuracy. With the introduction of the WFA and the Brits, snipers are in a very odd spot right now. I recall the days of VCoh and how great Wehrmacht sniper was against the Brits back then. Even if OST sniper was given the mirror rate of fire he has better camo and a extremely good veterancy 1 ability which would make up for the lost of rate of fire.
20 Aug 2015, 02:34 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

At the moment vs Russians its fine, vs USF maybe stronger. Unfortunately it's difficult to balance with as many factions and more on the way. Brits will change the game quite a lot so I think its too early to say anything.
20 Aug 2015, 02:48 AM
Patrion 28

haven't seen him much in the new meta and none at all in 1v1s but it's not too hard to see the faction design issues which compound any advantage he has vs USF.

the soviets have the m3 and their own sniper in t1, both of which counter him pretty hard and in t2 they have the mortar and zis (barrage specifically) as well as having higher model, low value squads (compared to USF). these make the OKH sniper significantly less powerful against USSR.

USF on the other hand has only infantry for the first 5 minutes or so of the game. this is exacerbated by RETs being complete shit (particularly for this time period, they won't have BARs) and riflemen being hardcountered by the sniper as well as being extremely expensive. if USF opts for t1 they can get an M10 out pretty fast although the change to the 222 gives the m10 a much smaller to nonexistent window of free reign. the half-track is more powerful but comes later, giving the sniper a bigger window in which to do damage. the stuart is even more powerful but has an even longer time before it comes out.

really, it's just relic doing a crappy, minimal design for OKW/USF and not taking faction inter-release block balance into account enough.
20 Aug 2015, 02:54 AM

Small ROF nerf, and I do mean small. But combine this with giving it worse received accuracy such that its durability vs small arms is halfway between what it was before the health buff and what it is now. Like it's still tougher than previously but not as tough as it is currently. It will still be survivable vs random indirect one-shots (if it's on full health anyway) but won't be such a nightmare to face down with the brits.
20 Aug 2015, 03:25 AM
Patrion 14

keeping its durability and small rof nerf seems fair
aaa
20 Aug 2015, 04:17 AM

Now its blatantly idioticaly OP vs any faction. It should have a cloak at longe range only. Nerf its HP and cloak time.
This patch you cannot counter snipe it cuz most of the players dont build T1 at all.

Its not about ROF first of all, its about fact that you cannot kill at poiint blank range cuz it cloaks in 1 sec.

Yesterday was a game that showed if sov player rushing T3 then germs have +2 squads advantage including 2 HMG and sniper. If they mass cheaper grens and engies it would be +3 units advantage I suppose.
20 Aug 2015, 04:25 AM

• Add an incremental rate of fire so he can be effective versus the Soviets without becoming overpowering versus the British.

• Change his received accuracy to 125% so that he can still survive RNG mortars but will not escape ambush by flankers.
20 Aug 2015, 04:32 AM
Developer Relic Badge

• Change his received accuracy to 150% so that he can still survive RNG mortars but will not escape ambush by flankers.

+50% received accuracy probably is too much. +25% would be enough like the original members of a weapon team.

A slight decrease in fire rate would also be enough.
20 Aug 2015, 04:35 AM

+50% received accuracy probably is too much. +25% would be enough like the original members of a weapon team.

Yeah probably, didn't really think about it, just threw a number out there.

I would like to see incremental rate of fire though. Anything less, and he's useless against Soviets due to their large squads and cheap reinforcements.
20 Aug 2015, 04:38 AM

Can't the Brits just countersnipe?
20 Aug 2015, 04:40 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Yes, but there are several factors that make it difficult. Not sure how he's changed, but I remember reading stuff about his poor cloak time, ROF, and he also isn't available off the bat.
20 Aug 2015, 04:40 AM

Not until they tech and get a sniper, nope. By then the bleed and lack of map control puts Brits in a big disadvantage in terms of map control and resources.

Its tough to get a sniper when you are already bleeding with IS's, and if you dont reinforce IS's, you lose map control.
20 Aug 2015, 05:33 AM

Assgren and Pio alone already giving Brit a hard early game, adding snipers and LMGGren making the game like :facepalm:

May someone work out a working Brit vs Ost 1v1 BO, now it is a one way slaughter.
20 Aug 2015, 06:39 AM

I've added the 'Other' option.
20 Aug 2015, 06:45 AM

Permanently Banned
Brits can upgrade to 5 dudes on inf sections and royal engees
20 Aug 2015, 06:48 AM

Brits can upgrade to 5 dudes on inf sections and royal engees

Spend more resources stalling mp and teching, and you still have to retreat infantry to reinforce them, and your first IS's still face Ost sniper as 4 men.

Also, more men for Ost to bleed. 35 mp per man for IS.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 4
United States 17
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %