Login

russian armor

KV-2

4 Aug 2015, 19:46 PM

Trucks give actual counterplay rather than it just being a passive or a "press button receive resources" and allow you to control how much economic boost you want without hamstringing yourself. Soviet trucks are already modeled in the game files so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

It would solve the issue of having no MP while also giving the ability to connect cutoff's (which is arguably the most useful thing about Opal trucks). The idea we need more CAS tier shit in the game is disgusting.

Still waiting for Alex to give 2 good reasons to choose KV2 over IS2/ISU with his changes :romeoPls:

-Put KV2 at 1280 health (KT level health)

-No more lockdown (because nah fuck that)

-300 frontal armor (same as Tiger I)

-Just increased base ROF

There now you have a BREAKTHROUGH tank which is what it's supposed to be; slow, high damage, but not hard to penetrate.
4 Aug 2015, 19:59 PM

KV-2 is great at countering infantry blobs, and has average penetration VS heavy armor however it's ROF/health is abysmally sad.
It can get owned easily when in lock down mode, even with support. While on the move it takes 10 seconds for it to hit anything(it can possibly miss too). The health of the KV-2 makes it an easy target to take out via dbl paks, panthers, KTs, Tigers, multiple p4s, stugs, etc... :foreveralone:
Increase ROF to 5-6 seconds. Give it more health or increase it's penetration values. Especially considering it costs about the same as an IS-2 or Tiger but performs half as well as either one. :foreveralone:
Plus it's in Windustry so mp wise you honestly can afford 3 max if you have minimal popcap and don't attempt to reinforce/purchase anything above 190 mp. :foreveralone:
4 Aug 2015, 20:14 PM

Lackluster unit trapped in a lackluster doc. The whole doc needs to be looked but the biggest offender is definitely the KV-2.

Possibly leaving it as a slow firing tank with a barrage ability when set up that lets it act like a howitzer. Could be balanced in many ways (few shells, less damage, etc.) to prevent it from owning everything on map.

Also its vet 1 ability needs to be redone (obviously). My vote is to get rid of unlocked ability and just give it some buffs when it hits vet 1.
4 Aug 2015, 20:27 PM

-Put KV2 at 1280 health (KT level health)

-No more lockdown (because nah fuck that)

-300 frontal armor (same as Tiger I)

-Just increased base ROF

There now you have a BREAKTHROUGH tank which is what it's supposed to be; slow, high damage, but not hard to penetrate.

That's more reasonable but still... Why would you take away something special for this tank? Barrage mode is really fun thing and reason to use it over IS2 or ISU.

Still, as a breakthrough tank, it's not that good, since shells are missing very, very often. Put it in front of any tank, don't move and I belive arond 50% shells will hit ground in front of tank.

Add moving penalty and... Well, not good tank to break through.
4 Aug 2015, 20:35 PM
Donator 33

CAS conversion is ok because special snowflake and there should be trucks for industry, nah because fuck that. KV2 a breakthrough tank? It has lockdown as its a support tank, I don't think a moving apartment block is a good breakthrough tank.
4 Aug 2015, 20:36 PM

That's more reasonable but still... Why would you take away something special for this tank? Barrage mode is really fun thing and reason to use it over IS2 or ISU.

Still, as a breakthrough tank, it's not that good, since shells are missing very, very often. Put it in front of any tank, don't move and I belive arond 50% shells will hit ground in front of tank.

Add moving penalty and... Well, not good tank to break through.

It's accuracy seems awful because of it's very slow ROF. If it didn't shoot only once every 11 seconds it missing would be such a huge deal. And the barrage mode is just cancer, it's either impossible to counter because you don't have CAS or an Elefant or it's piss easy to counter. I prefer units that preform more consistently.
4 Aug 2015, 21:07 PM

With the recent SU changes, this doctrine is doing completly opposite thing and it disallows you to make more tanks, especially T34/76.
Floating fuel, without any MP to make tanks.

This has been the core problem with this doctrine for a long time now. Maybe instead of messing with your resources, it should discount all tanks by a certain amount.
4 Aug 2015, 21:25 PM

This has been the core problem with this doctrine for a long time now. Maybe instead of messing with your resources, it should discount all tanks by a certain amount.

That's quite good solution.
4 Aug 2015, 22:03 PM

I asked Jason Lee if they have something in mind about changing windustry or at least KV-2,but no response :/
KV-2 should have,as every other heavy, 1040 hp ,more pen ,lower mp cost to be actually affordable.

4 Aug 2015, 22:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That's quite good solution.

Seconded.
4 Aug 2015, 22:41 PM

As I said. Just repair Industry and this doc will be usefull. MP income would be same (with increased fuel income ofc) but every squads of soviet infantry would be increased by 25-50%.
5 Aug 2015, 08:23 AM

I was thinking about it as well.
5-10% discount instead of breaking the economy and be done with it.
Hell, it could even be special "cache" to build on points/territories.
5 Aug 2015, 09:03 AM

Why dont make the lock down mode give it some armor bonuses like hull down?
5 Aug 2015, 09:39 AM

Why dont make the lock down mode give it some armor bonuses like hull down?

I like this idea. Sandbags showing around KV-2 which would lower damage income by 25% so barrage mode is no longer suicide.
5 Aug 2015, 09:59 AM

Permanently Banned
CAS conversion is ok because special snowflake and there should be trucks for industry, nah because fuck that. KV2 a breakthrough tank? It has lockdown as its a support tank, I don't think a moving apartment block is a good breakthrough tank.

KV2 a breakthrough tank, yes. For early WW2 period it was breakthrough tank. Good armor for that time, big gun 152 mm (tell me what tank have it :nahnah:. If tanks was for breakthrough its dont mean that he can be support.
5 Aug 2015, 10:05 AM

Permanently Banned
I play with this doc in 2v2 a lot in this patch.
+ all that Magic write.
That MP penalty is just a joke, with POPCAP 50-60 i have + 120-100 income Kappa.
That tank need rework like and doc, maybe it would be cool add kv-2 in new doc.
But even wih this shit stats i like how he work vs infatry and ATgun in some maps. But need rework.
I better will be use kv-2 vs infantry blobs than is -2 :D.
5 Aug 2015, 10:06 AM

It was also a shitty breakthrough tank because the giant turret made it super easy to see and just as easy to shoot. There's a reason the ISU-152 was made!
5 Aug 2015, 10:26 AM

The main issue on this tank is that it needs a frontline to perform as it is supposed, I mean, it needs an army that its able to create a front avoiding enemies to run free over the map, something that can be easily done for any other faction but not by rusians, that doesnt has good defenses and even less if it goes Soviet industry. If something holds the line while it barrages from behind it would be great.
5 Aug 2015, 10:34 AM

Permanently Banned
I was also a shitty breakthrough tank because the giant turret made it super easy to see and just as easy to shoot. There's a reason the ISU-152 was made!

What can target him in that time and dont forget that he can shoot not only like direct fire.
5 Aug 2015, 10:44 AM

It was also a shitty breakthrough tank because the giant turret made it super easy to see and just as easy to shoot. There's a reason the ISU-152 was made!

Yeah, easy to see and shoot but you think also that easy to penetrate? ISU has been made by completely other reason then giant turret of KV-2. It really doesn't matter. It was like Panzer III and StuG III.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★