Login

russian armor

Stuart and Quad rush are pretty retarded,but....

PAGES (8)down
8 Aug 2015, 16:15 PM

Why not just offer a AT rifle upgrade to Grens and Volks that would give them a moderate increase in AI performance as well as the ability to help stave off light vehicle rushes?

Volks Light Anti Tank Package: 90 munitions upgrading the squad with 3 AT rifles and enabling the ability to lay light AT mines no truck required

Grens Light Anti Tank Package: 60 munitions upgrading the squad with 2 AT rifles and enabling the ability to fire the panzerfaust at longer ranges BP 1 required.

Because the Volk and Gren don't need any more reason to be blobed
8 Aug 2015, 16:20 PM

Because the Volk and Gren don't need any more reason to be blobed

Why would you blob in the current meta? It's suicide.
8 Aug 2015, 17:05 PM

Permanently Banned
Why not just offer a AT rifle upgrade to Grens and Volks that would give them a moderate increase in AI performance as well as the ability to help stave off light vehicle rushes?

Volks Light Anti Tank Package: 90 munitions upgrading the squad with 3 AT rifles and enabling the ability to lay light AT mines no truck required

Grens Light Anti Tank Package: 60 munitions upgrading the squad with 2 AT rifles and enabling the ability to fire the panzerfaust at longer ranges BP 1 required.

volks planting mines, grens with AT rifles AND snares... Increased AI performance as well?

Wa...What?
8 Aug 2015, 17:25 PM

Permanently Banned
Change so many things in game becouse we have problem with 1 units, better change 1 units thats all, why need all this changes for gren, volks ?
8 Aug 2015, 17:30 PM

volks planting mines, grens with AT rifles AND snares... Increased AI performance as well?

Wa...What?

AT rifles (such as the PTRS) provide a small increase in AI performance; if you look at the infantry DPS on the PTRS it isn't that fantastic compared to say a regular Kar98k. AT rifles would just be a way of offering Axis a way to help deal with light armor while not encouraging people to spam the upgrade.

And I said light AT mines you know like the Tank Hunter Tactics ones or the USF ones? And the increased snare range on Grens would be to compensate for the fact they cannot get an LMG42 or G43's and are locked into a soft AT role.
8 Aug 2015, 17:31 PM

Permanently Banned

AT rifles (such as the PTRS) provide a small increase in AI performance; if you look at the infantry DPS on the PTRS it isn't that fantastic compared to say a regular Kar98k. AT rifles would just be a way of offering Axis a way to help deal with light armor while not encouraging people to spam the upgrade.

And I said light AT mines you know like the Tank Hunter Tactics ones or the USF ones? And the increased snare range on Grens would be to compensate for the fact they cannot get an LMG42 or G43's and are locked into a soft AT role.

One unit is OP (m5). Nurf the m5 instead of making other units op.

Your logic: USF stuggles against long range TD's. Jackson should get an ultra-sniper upgrade for 90muni, granting it 100 range and 70 sight with the ability to reveal cloaked units
8 Aug 2015, 17:34 PM

I see you've drifted into

again.
8 Aug 2015, 17:35 PM

One unit is OP (m5). Nurf the m5 instead of making other units op.

Your logic: USF stuggles against long range TD's. Jackson should get an ultra-sniper upgrade for 90muni, granting it 100 range and 70 sight with the ability to reveal cloaked units

Do you think Guards are OP? Because they counter light vehicles while not having to pay for their PTRS's, or having to be teched for, or having a build time. You are seriously overestimating how powerful AT rifles are.

Light armor rushes are a problem in general, not just the M5 Quad Mount.

EDIT: Think of the trade off, AT rifles mean no LMG42 or Shreks/Cold Protection.
8 Aug 2015, 17:39 PM

Permanently Banned

Do you think Guards are OP? Because they counter light vehicles while not having to pay for their PTRS's, or having to be teched for, or having a build time. You are seriously overestimating how powerful AT rifles are.

Light armor rushes are a problem in general, not just the M5 Quad Mount.

Light armor rushes are NOT a problem, Its just the m5.

Guards are not op. Why? They don't have any snares and they are doctrinal. Ok lemme just end this. If YOU cannot see how buffing both volks and grens in both AI and AT is op? I dunno what to tell you..... Again, because ONE unit is overpowering.

Get some pgrens/pak(s) if you want AT. As for OKW, you have AT in t1 and the option to get shreks on your volks
8 Aug 2015, 17:43 PM

Light armor rushes are NOT a problem, It just the m5.

Guards are not op. Why? They don't have any snares and they are doctrinal. Ok lemme just end this. If YOU cannot see how buffing both volks and grens in both AI and AT is op? I dunno what to tell you..... Again, because ONE unit is overpowering.

EDIT: Think of the trade off, AT rifles mean no LMG42 or Shreks/Cold Protection.

if you look at the infantry DPS on the PTRS it isn't that fantastic compared to say a regular Kar98k.

Guards can also slow tanks with button so...

This would just offer more options than just going Puma every time or rushing to T2 to get a Pak ASAP. Also do you think Conscript AT rifle packages are OP? Because they have a snare and AT rifles.

8 Aug 2015, 17:49 PM

Permanently Banned

Guards can also slow tanks with button so...

This would just offer more options than just going Puma every time or rushing to T2 to get a Pak ASAP. Also do you think Conscript AT rifle packages are OP? Because they have a snare and AT rifles.

Button? You cant be serious?

Con PTRS package is doctrinal and in a shit commander. So its not OP. This is boiling down to you not wanting to use the options given to you and creation some "faction imbalance" issue in your head that isn't there.

I mean, can my m20 turn into an m10 pls? It gets raped by a puma and the LT teir cant do anything about it. Oh thats right! I can get zooks! Guuess Whats ost has? shreks, mines (oh boy! wish usf had those!), and the best AT gun in the game.
8 Aug 2015, 18:07 PM

I never thought I would see it but calling AT rifles OP is just amazing.

Ummm.... didn't you and a bunch of others made it pretty much a daily mantra before the patch, crying and whining how OP PTRS is...?
Goldfish memory?
8 Aug 2015, 18:10 PM

Permanently Banned
I never thought I would see it but calling AT rifles OP is just amazing. Obviously that Kar98k DPS is just to brutal to handle, and that AT damage....gosh could you think of the consequences!? OKW players might spam it will of their reduced income munitions!

What shock and horror be laid down upon us if the ability to provide soft light vehicle counters was available. As we know more options are bad and such suggestions could only be the work of the dreaded Axis fanboy! Oh look here he comes now!

https://youtu.be/4Ah2I166f_U?t=37

I dumb idea is a dumb idea. period. Jesus christ! stop with the "omg! someone doesn't agree with me or have proven me wrong, so he is attacking me" baby attitude .

One more thing...

Stop trying to turn this into an OKW needs X,Y, and Z thread.
8 Aug 2015, 19:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

PTRS are downgrade on the AI department (specially the Conscript ones).

AT light mine:
The conscript ones sucks. They cause no crit and just stun/shock.
The USF ones requires 2 to have a 10% of engine damage, and 4 to have a 66% of crit (50/50 between thread destroyed and engine damage).

So it's not the same.

Anyway, why give something which is not required in the game instead of nerfing/reworking the problematic unit ?

I'll rather see PENALS having an AT package so they actually have a role.
8 Aug 2015, 19:42 PM
Donator 33

PTRS are downgrade on the AI department (specially the Conscript ones)

I thought Guards and Cons use the same PTRS :hansWUT:
8 Aug 2015, 19:50 PM

You forget that 222 are SCOUT, not tank.

Problem is it doesn't work well as a scout. The whole point of using an ARMOURED car as a scout is that it is resilient to small-arms fire, and only really runs into trouble if it stumbles into a mine or an anti-tank weapon.

As things stand, it's very difficult to use for scouting, because infantry rifle fire is a serious threat to it. It's arguably not even as effective in that role as a kubelwagen, because the kubel can defend itself by suppressing the infantry it finds, and then make its escape.

I think the 222 is in an odd place, without much of a role at the moment.
9 Aug 2015, 13:57 PM

Tank hunter tactics personally , is one of my favourite commanders, especially after the soviet T3 revival. The light mines are outright hilarious to use, dealing mild damage whilst temporarily immobilizing a tank? cracking deal for the price compared to the US m7 shite.

A bit off topic but they supposed to be used in tandem with the conscripts grenade volley, in which they fulfill the role wonderfully. Either that or build vast swathes of them to slow a tank assault down on the flanks.
9 Aug 2015, 22:34 PM

Your unit is becoming so versatile its becoming Soviet. ^^

10 Aug 2015, 00:42 AM
Patrion 14

I feel like I ask this alot, but why? What will this add to the game? The only truly op light armor rush is the m5, and the M5 is not exactly something counterable by infantry due to its stupid dps, timing, and suppression.

Even if this package was necessary, why does it have to be better than the soviet DOCTRINAL upgrade for no reason? 3 at rifles and mines? 2 rifles and better p faust?

OKW and Ostheer dont need jack shit. You have panzer shrecks which are the best at weapon infantry can use. Use those, and don't expect every unique weapon/ ability that the allies have to go to Germans as well, unless you are willing to give up the advantages that Axis factions have such as more efficient lategame in general.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS