Login

russian armor

Stuart and Quad rush are pretty retarded,but....

PAGES (8)down
7 Aug 2015, 08:43 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2015, 03:20 AMJoeH

What about you, Katitof, aaa and pussyking?

I play all faction and i am fo balance, not balance 1 faction. And Axis dont play me :D. Cannot say anything about Katitof and Pusyyking. I really think that Katitof are axis fanboy smurf :p.
7 Aug 2015, 08:47 AM

I play all faction and i am fo balance, not balance 1 faction. And Axis dont play me :D. Cannot say anything about Katitof and Pusyyking. I really think that Katitof are axis fanboy smurf :p.

Had a 2v2 last night, opponents who played sov+usf reckognized me, said how surprised they are to see me playing OKW and started flaming, then they proceeded to get owned in the comeback :D
Was wondering about uploading it, one of few RT games where ally was actually a decent, nice player :D
7 Aug 2015, 09:23 AM

+1 its rly not hard to build an early pak gun as Ost as well as a reketn.

The 222 is pretty bad against the M5 but it makes sense as the 120 muni input makes it fair. Just reduce its damage by 3~ and see where that gets us, we dont need anything to dramatic as its 4 quad guns. Its suppression needs to be kept as well as a little bit of damage.

Listen, the only reason these scrubs are bitching about M5 is because Relic hinted they'd nerf it if it turned out to be OP - so they are piling on the tears in an effort to make it seem OP.

It's kinda ridiculous tbh. ;)
7 Aug 2015, 13:13 PM
Donator 11

The unit doesn't need that much of an adjustment, like I said reduce its damage but buff its AA capabilities (they are rly bad for some reason). Ez and done, see where the balance of the unit goes in from there.

There is no reason to over nerf a unit into oblivion just because its slightly over preforming. Small adjustments are needed yes but nothing drastic.
7 Aug 2015, 13:35 PM

First poll question is poorly phrased. It gives the impression that people agree Allied early game/Axis late game are overwhelming through its phrasing, no option for those who think it's pretty even.
7 Aug 2015, 22:17 PM

Uh, it doesn't lose the old gun, it gains a new gun. It still has the old gun.

I never said it loses the MG-34. I'm saying that it performs worse against infantry with the 2CM upgrade coming as stock.

Prior to this alteration I used to use my 221 with the MG-34 + Vet3 to eliminate snipers and infantry until I saw enemy light vehicles that I'd need the 2cm for. It was very effective.

The 2CM gun doesn't perform very well or accurately against infantry since it is technically using AP rounds instead of HE rounds like the Panzer II Luchs uses.

If anyone remembers back in Beta, the 222 with its AP 2CM round was the answer to early T-70 rushes. It pretty much went toe to toe with that T-70 back then, you'd use your speed and maneuverability to flank the T-70 and hit its rear armor, where head to head the T-70 would win.
7 Aug 2015, 23:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2015, 22:17 PMSierra

I never said it loses the MG-34. I'm saying that it performs worse against infantry with the 2CM upgrade coming as stock.

Prior to this alteration I used to use my 221 with the MG-34 + Vet3 to eliminate snipers and infantry until I saw enemy light vehicles that I'd need the 2cm for. It was very effective.

The 2CM gun doesn't perform very well or accurately against infantry since it is technically using AP rounds instead of HE rounds like the Panzer II Luchs uses.

If anyone remembers back in Beta, the 222 with its AP 2CM round was the answer to early T-70 rushes. It pretty much went toe to toe with that T-70 back then, you'd use your speed and maneuverability to flank the T-70 and hit its rear armor, where head to head the T-70 would win.

Your confused.

MG-34>MG34 and autocannon?
7 Aug 2015, 23:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2015, 22:17 PMSierra

I don't get it, you just admit the MG 34 stays equipped, but still argue it has less performance?
7 Aug 2015, 23:31 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The MG(which does most of the infantry DPS)is like bugged and fires slower or not at all sometimes when alongside the auto cannon.

Or it used to be that way.
8 Aug 2015, 00:25 AM

The problem isn't the Quad, its that Ostheers supposed counter, the 222, is unable to take a bullet from anything. All the 222 needs is an appropriate amount of armor, either by default or through a munitions upgrade.

The vulnerability to small arms fire of all kinds it what imperils the 222 so much and renders it ineffective against everything except for ambulances and katyushas. If the 222 had to stay the same health and armor wise, then its autocannon needs to be effective against infantry ala the CoH1 default puma.
8 Aug 2015, 00:34 AM

The quad is still a problem, it was rebalanced for the old faction. Just revert those changes and tweak the 222 some more and we'll be golden.
8 Aug 2015, 00:42 AM

Buff the 222 too much and it will become OP, I think it's in a decent spot atm. Just slap a fuel price on the quad and make the T-70/SU-76 a tad bit more expensive.
8 Aug 2015, 00:55 AM
Patrion 14

*retertet :luvDerp:
8 Aug 2015, 01:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2015, 00:42 AMRollo
Buff the 222 too much and it will become OP, I think it's in a decent spot atm. Just slap a fuel price on the quad and make the T-70/SU-76 a tad bit more expensive.

The problem with the 222 since the start has been its lack of armor. The minor health increase didn't remedy that, nor did the munitions saved from the free upgun.

Small arms fire just tears through 222s. They don't need to be immune to small arms, they just need enough armor to reliably prevent damage at max range from rifle and SMG fire. Essentially it just needs to be able to engage enemy units without requiring extensive repairs afterwards. It can't exactly cart around its own repair crew like the M3, M5, or any USF vehicle.

Paying for the upgun again would be just fine in that situation. Hell, maybe even the health reverted too just so long they could mitigate damage from weapons weaker than LMGs.
8 Aug 2015, 08:56 AM

Your confused.

MG-34>MG34 and autocannon?

You're* and no, I am not.

I don't get it, you just admit the MG 34 stays equipped, but still argue it has less performance?

See the below.

The MG(which does most of the infantry DPS)is like bugged and fires slower or not at all sometimes when alongside the auto cannon.

Or it used to be that way.

Still is that way. MG-34 fires infrequently or not at all with the 2cm autocannon equipped. Now that it is equipped as stock, it's just ineffective as an anti-personnel vehicle.
8 Aug 2015, 08:57 AM

The problem isn't the Quad, its that Ostheers supposed counter, the 222, is unable to take a bullet from anything. All the 222 needs is an appropriate amount of armor, either by default or through a munitions upgrade.

The vulnerability to small arms fire of all kinds it what imperils the 222 so much and renders it ineffective against everything except for ambulances and katyushas. If the 222 had to stay the same health and armor wise, then its autocannon needs to be effective against infantry ala the CoH1 default puma.

even assuming the 222 got buffed, there's still the su-76 and the t70 in the same building. the soviet light armor are just never meant to arrive this early. the ost just doesn't have any equivalent unit without doctrines.
8 Aug 2015, 09:31 AM

Permanently Banned
Lel why need counter m5 with one 222 ? if are there pacs, mines, shreks and 2 222 ?
You forget that 222 are SCOUT, not tank. The problem are in m5 and old 120 t3, just little nerf damage and thats all, becouse when m5 drive into face and kill all its looks strange, but its must be support unit, not tank.
8 Aug 2015, 15:55 PM

Just give the ost a better light vehical. A puma like in coh 1 would be good. With an aa gun to start and then can pay for an at gun. Put it in tier 2 and call it a day. I mean you are never going to have a 222 fight a t70 or a su76. Tier 3 is not the problem the problem is ost have no good light vehicle.
8 Aug 2015, 16:01 PM

Everything is fine.
8 Aug 2015, 16:03 PM

Why not just offer a AT rifle upgrade to Grens and Volks that would give them a moderate increase in AI performance as well as the ability to help stave off light vehicle rushes?

Volks Light Anti Tank Package: 90 munitions upgrading the squad with 3 AT rifles and enabling the ability to lay light AT mines no truck required

Grens Light Anti Tank Package: 60 munitions upgrading the squad with 2 AT rifles and enabling the ability to fire the panzerfaust at longer ranges BP 1 required.
PAGES (8)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Sweden 53
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak