Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger breaks the game

PAGES (8)down
25 Jul 2015, 22:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 22:44 PMjesulin

Yes sure, I totally agree with you about ISU but in this case I still think that you have a huge advantage in teams games with a single sturmtiger and mates supporting you.

Team games being broken and insane has been par for the course for a while now.
25 Jul 2015, 23:00 PM
Donator 33

Yes sure, I totally agree with you about ISU but in this case I still think that you have a huge advantage in teams games with a single sturmtiger and mates supporting you.

I think it's very map dependant. A map with lots of shot blockers (Ettlebruck, Minsk Pocket etc) makes it hard to spot a Sturmtiger without recon planes. A map like Steppes makes it very easy.

We shouldn't judge too early. It comes rather late and may or may not pay off. Its gun takes a long to aim which makes it hard to use against someone who spots it with recon units.

If it turns out to be uncounterable its ability to pierce through world objects should be removed.

Out of curiosity: would it be possible to reduce its damage when piercing through world objects?
25 Jul 2015, 23:19 PM

I think it's very map dependant. A map with lots of shot blockers (Ettlebruck, Minsk Pocket etc) makes it hard to spot a Sturmtiger without recon planes. A map like Steppes makes it very easy.

We shouldn't judge too early. It comes rather late and may or may not pay off. Its gun takes a long to aim which makes it hard to use against someone who spots it with recon units.

If it turns out to be uncounterable its ability to pierce through world objects should be removed.

Out of curiosity: would it be possible to reduce its damage when piercing through world objects?

Considering the shell won't work unless it pierces world objects, it would always just do reduced damage.
25 Jul 2015, 23:21 PM
Donator 33

Considering the shell won't work unless it pierces world objects, it would always just do reduced damage.

45 range is enough to make FoW shots (without the use of LoS blockers) possible.
25 Jul 2015, 23:31 PM

As if the profile picture and signature weren't hint enough.

The Sarcastic my little pony signature didn't let ring me the bell from the start :romeoPls:
25 Jul 2015, 23:49 PM

45 range is enough to make FoW shots (without the use of LoS blockers) possible.

No like the shell used to explode on the tiniest world objects due to the way projectiles work. The unit doesn't function without the ability to shoot through world objects so it doing reduced damage would just kill it as a unit
25 Jul 2015, 23:56 PM

Ahh yes, the old, "Just give up when there are more than 4 players in a game" approach to balance.

On a more serious note, I have not seen the Sturmtiger yet, but the ability to shoot through shot blockers should be rare to non-existant. The only reasons I don't complain about the pak43 is because the unit is already so niche. Sturmtigers should not have the ability to shoot through objects, why not reduce aim time?. If you hit something on map, sorry that's how it goes. We might also consider reducing reload time slightly.
25 Jul 2015, 23:59 PM

Ahh yes, the old, "Just give up when there are more than 4 players in a game" approach to balance.

On a more serious note, I have not seen the Sturmtiger yet, but the ability to shoot through shot blockers should be rare to non-existant. The only reasons I don't complain about the pak43 is because the unit is already so niche. Sturmtigers should not have the ability to shoot through objects, why not reduce aim time?. If you hit something on map, sorry that's how it goes. We might also consider reducing reload time slightly.

No I don't think you get how the shell on the Sturmtiger works. It used to explode on anything including tiny wooden fences and small little barrels and Relic gave it shooting through shotblocklers so it could actually work as a unit.

And no nobodies given up on balance in 4's, it's just that the focus goes to the competitive game modes first because they are easier to isolate variables in.
Phy
25 Jul 2015, 23:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 22:17 PMjesulin

I think Sturmtiger should not pass through buildings because it is a bit frustrating to see this unit in an allies perspective way.

This.
26 Jul 2015, 00:03 AM
Donator 33

No like the shell used to explode on the tiniest world objects due to the way projectiles work. The unit doesn't function without the ability to shoot through world objects so it doing reduced damage would just kill it as a unit

Nvm then :luvDerp:
26 Jul 2015, 00:04 AM

It's interesting to note how many people have not personally used the unit, know little about the use of it, and come to proclaim down on high how it's OP despite all the hoops one has to jump through to use it effectively.

The Sturmtiger literally cannot work unless it can shoot through shotblockers, asking that to be removed is the same as asking to remove the unit itself from the game.
26 Jul 2015, 00:18 AM

Shooting through walls and forests does sound pretty exaggerated,though personaly I haven't encountered this unit yet...
26 Jul 2015, 01:37 AM

No I don't think you get how the shell on the Sturmtiger works. It used to explode on anything including tiny wooden fences and small little barrels and Relic gave it shooting through shotblocklers so it could actually work as a unit.

And no nobodies given up on balance in 4's, it's just that the focus goes to the competitive game modes first because they are easier to isolate variables in.

I never said anything that would suggest to me I don't understand that before the shot used to hit world objects. In fact, the Sturmtiger was adjusted twice to try to deal with this. \

And to your other comment, "insane" and "broken" suggest that there is no balancing to be done there. Also not really sure how shooting through buildings is fun in any game mode.
26 Jul 2015, 02:35 AM
Donator 11

Imo the Sturmtiger is some sort of troll tank... I dunno why but I cant take this unit seriously...
Dont like the design and it doesnt fit in my playstyle
26 Jul 2015, 03:05 AM

The unit is terribly designed, in the same stupid category as B4 of "high risk high reward wipe everything" nonsense. Should never have been put in the game in the first place. But with that said, it's not necessarily OP currently. I haven't seen it enough to decide whether it is or not since the last patch. At least it's doctrinal now :/
26 Jul 2015, 04:40 AM

So? It's an armored allkiller. It was misconceived from the beginning and shouldn't have been in the game. It belongs nerfed it into the neverbuild pile.
26 Jul 2015, 16:18 PM

I'll say all these 1 shot wipe super heavy machines should be changed all together.

Even though Relic will never do it.
26 Jul 2015, 16:36 PM

It has been firing through shot blockers since looong time...

+5 range was added, then people goes crazy :luvDerp:
26 Jul 2015, 20:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It has been firing through shot blockers since looong time...

+5 range was added, then people goes crazy :luvDerp:

Nope, it used to hit bug out with the terrain. I think some might find an issue with the damage and pen coming from the explosion on the outsiders but still i think it's "fine".
7 Aug 2015, 10:19 AM

Permanently Banned

You mean 2v2 ?:)
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 16
United States 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L