Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger breaks the game

PAGES (8)down
13 Aug 2015, 06:29 AM

So... It's loud, and from the click to to landing rocket it needs 4.50s (not 6) well, so what's the problem with B4 then? You can hear when it shoots and from that sound you have 6.50 (2 more secs) till shell will hit.

But still, 6.50s is the time for enemy since the sound, but there is also 1sec between clicking and firing so in fact you have almost 7.50secs to move if you are blessed with RNG feeling or 6.50sec to move most value units.

Bring back precision strike! :megusta:

The (old) B4 does far higher damage over a far larger area. Has enough range to cover the entire battlefield. Isn't limited to one. Isn't in a bad doctrine littered with bugs. Doesn't cost the equivalent of an IS2 due to fuel disability.

The units have nothing in common. Stop trying to compare apples and oranges.
13 Aug 2015, 06:52 AM

The (old) B4 does far higher damage over a far larger area. Has enough range to cover the entire battlefield. Isn't limited to one. Isn't in a bad doctrine littered with bugs. Doesn't cost the equivalent of an IS2 due to fuel disability.

The units have nothing in common. Stop trying to compare apples and oranges.

They have everything in common but ST is still over B4 cause of mobility, precision, shot blockers, being not so easy to kill like B4 and it does not reveal itself unitl rocket lands (it's way easier to hear huge boom somewhere in the FoG and spend 6.50sec to move units rather than hear incoming vehicle when there are for example your vehicles moving, without any chance to react once rocket is fired).

They have similar AoE profile, same damage.

ST can move so it can be everywhere, just like rotation B4.
What bugs? Extra shot for ST? Whole doctrine is in fact quite good once you get Ober for heavy infantry.

How many times you can get more than one B-4?
And it means, there is no IS2 nor ISU nor T34/85.

Sure, it costs like IS2 but cannot be killed by 2 clicks, right?

Not to mention, 90ammo shot cannot go through shot blocker which means it's almost useless.
13 Aug 2015, 07:08 AM

They have everything in common but ST is still over B4 cause of mobility, precision, shot blockers, being not so easy to kill like B4 and it does not reveal itself unitl rocket lands (it's way easier to hear huge boom somewhere in the FoG and spend 6.50sec to move units rather than hear incoming vehicle when there are for example your vehicles moving, without any chance to react once rocket is fired).

The B4 is impossible to kill for OKW due to not having a precision artillery strike. And as Ostheer if you didn't have a Stuka Bombing strike you were fucked as well. Sure the Sturmtiger doesn't have 2 click counters but it's not impossible to kill like artillery pieces are due to the fact they have super long range and can be built under the protection of your base.

Your defending of the old B4 is disgusting; like seriously? I don't get how you can honestly make the comparison of a unit that requires constantly manual reloading and babysitting to something that can hit literally the entire map.

They have similar AoE profile, same damage.

Yes and? One has 250 range and 1 has 45 range.

ST can move so it can be everywhere, just like rotation B4.

Ah yes, you can just drive your Sturmtiger into the enemies base and all over the map unopposed :S

What bugs? Extra shot for ST? Whole doctrine is in fact quite good once you get Ober for heavy infantry.

HEAT shells being the wrong type of shell, instant abandonment after using critical repair, armor tracking either outright not working or showing IS2's as ambulances or ambulances as IS2's, Panzer Commander being an shitty waste of munitions, ect. The commander is only now useful for the Sturmtiger.

How many times you can get more than one B-4?

Throw molotov on B4 ----> recrew with engineers ---> enjoy 3 popcap B4's

And it means, there is no IS2 nor ISU nor T34/85.

Who cares? Soviet stock army is sex now. And the KV1 isn't limited to teching allowing you to stick to T3 and still have a brawler tank.

Sure, it costs like IS2 but cannot be killed by 2 clicks, right?

Well considering the IS2 is it's most direct counter along with the ISU.....

Not to mention, 90ammo shot cannot go through shot blocker which means it's almost useless.

Are you talking about precision strike? wtf

I'm starting to understand why you hid your playercard. :luvDerp:
13 Aug 2015, 07:44 AM

You can as well keep it decrewd most of the time with Stuka and take away veterancy.

So you are fucked if you don't have dive bomb and it's the fault of B4 not you?
So who I can blame if I go for reserved army and then I have nothing to counter Elephant?
ST needs no babysitting. Fire from FoG, back to base, reload. So in the end you keep an eye on it only once per 1-3mins. That's not babysitting.
Don't blame commander for bugs.
And those molotovs, can they give me 600MP?
What precision strike? There is no precision strike. There is direct shot for 90 ammo which cannot be used even through budling which already collapsed.
45range? And that's why it can move.

ST is like B-4 on wheels and nothing can chage it.

And I don't defend old B-4 with Markt Target and Mother Russia. It shouldnt kill JT in 1 hit. Tho right now it;s useless - pure RNG. You will hit entire army in the first shot or you will get nothing through entire game.

I'd like to see B-4 as a Pak43 with slower reload, slower rotation, even without shooting thorugh everything but with vet ability to use it for 1 shell barrage (while on CD it cannot shoot normally)
13 Aug 2015, 07:55 AM

You can as well keep it decrewd most of the time with Stuka and take away veterancy.

Your not going to be hitting a B4 in your opponents base with a Stuka. Also lol giving him free decrews to keep his popcap down.

So you are fucked if you don't have dive bomb and it's the fault of B4 not you?

Ah yes all those OKW doctrines with Stuka Dive Bomb :luvDerp:

So who I can blame if I go for reserved army and then I have nothing to counter Elephant?

Elefant's counters are flanking, AT guns, and mines which are all non-doctrinal. It's not an anti-everything unit with 250 range. Also the ML-20 can be pretty scary to Elefants.

ST needs no babysitting. Fire from FoG, back to base, reload. So in the end you keep an eye on it only once per 1-3mins. That's not babysitting.

You have to carefully pick targets, sight for it, protect it's flanks with Ractkens and support. Also make sure when it's reloading it's not doing it close to buildings. Also you need to put it some were recon won't catch it so it gets arty'd or bombed. Using it is not as simple as you make it.

If you were used to playing OKW at a high level you would understand this.

Don't blame commander for bugs.

lol I will blame Relic and their poor bug fixing all I want

And those molotovs, can they give me 600MP?

They can drastically reduce the popcap you pay for it giving you more MP income. Also Soviets don't really bleed that hard in the first place.

What precision strike? There is no precision strike. There is direct shot for 90 ammo which cannot be used even through budling which already collapsed.

They added the ability to shoot through shotblockers to it.

45range? And that's why it can move.

Very slowly and unwieldy. Also predictably.

ST is like B-4 on wheels.

I don't think so Tim.

Dude you have very little experience playing with OKW competitively. The Sturmtiger by far isn't very common at high levels of play because it locks you into a very shit commander and it's very map dependent.
13 Aug 2015, 08:07 AM

I don't deny that, I'm not OKW player at all.
Nevertheless, when I use ST it's devastating.
When I watch some replays/cast I can see it killing entire armies.

And no, they did not.

I just tried ST and B4. Road to Kharkov, north spawn fuel. There is a budiling next to it.
Strumtiger without any problems shoots over it (it collapsed). Then I put B-4, and it was unable to shoot Jadgtiger behind the building (but was able to shoot it when JT was in front of the building). Talking about direct hit ability.

And ST is B4 on wheels. Same AoE profile, precision strike, can shoot through FoW, can wipe entire army (weird you defend something what can wipe so many squads but you don't like B-4 killing stuff), can shoot through shotblockers.
And why won't you hit B-4 in enemy's base? I did that countless times with Stuka.

Don't blame B4/ML-20 for lack of counters against them for OKW. Blame Relic.
13 Aug 2015, 08:08 AM

Who started comparing B4 to the Sturmtiger and why?

We all know there will be another Alled unit soon that can do at least 3 things better than the ST, anyways...
13 Aug 2015, 08:12 AM

I don't deny that, I'm not OKW player at all.
Nevertheless, when I use ST it's devastating.

These are two very contradicting statements.

When I watch some replays/cast I can see it killing entire armies.

That's good! That's what it's supposed to do! Punish blobbers. As OKW doesn't really have anything else that can do so.

And ST is B4 on wheels. Same AoE profile, precision strike, can shoot through FoW, can wipe entire army (weird you defend something what can wipe so many squads but you don't like B-4 killing stuff), can shoot through shotblockers.

Except the Sturmtiger has a longer reload, much shorter range, a intense fuel cost, requires much more micro, comes in a buggy awful commander, ect. There are so many differences the fact you ignore them all and just directly compare the gun's shows you have very little experience actually using it.

Like I said; you see it very rarely in high level play because it's map dependent.
13 Aug 2015, 13:59 PM

yes it is very loud but how much time you have to react? around 0.5-1sec i think

you can't hear the aim right? since the field usually really loud. I never pay attention to aim sound of strum tiger though
13 Aug 2015, 14:03 PM

Thinking about it, the artillery option for the Sturmtiger seems to be the best solution. Otherwise you either end up with a unit wiping everything, because you can´t dodge the shot

or the other extreme from the previous patch

a useless unit that can be dodged way too easily.
14 Aug 2015, 12:39 PM

lol I will blame Relic and their poor bug fixing all I want

You argued the sturmtiger is not so good because the commander has a bug (whatever bug that is). That type of argumentation is what makes people think of a person as fanboy because the discussion is no longer focused on balance as intended. I'm not calling anybody a fanboy since that is rude, but one starts to wonder what causes such argumentation.
14 Aug 2015, 13:08 PM

I'm not calling anybody a fanboy since that is rude

You are to much of a gentlemen for these forums. And probably for this life too :D.
14 Aug 2015, 19:17 PM

You argued the sturmtiger is not so good because the commander has a bug (whatever bug that is). That type of argumentation is what makes people think of a person as fanboy because the discussion is no longer focused on balance as intended. I'm not calling anybody a fanboy since that is rude, but one starts to wonder what causes such argumentation.

I think the Sturmtiger is incredibly powerful and I have loved using it since day 1 of WFA. But the fact of the matter is Elite Armored is a very buggy commander.
14 Aug 2015, 20:15 PM
Patrion 14

I'm seeing the Sturmtiger justified "because it punishes blobbing." However, as pointed out many times in the past, there are 2 types of blob counters:

-High Damage AOE weapons that will damage units in a large area.

-Suppression weapons that will slow and make combat ineffective enemy blobs.

The problem with high damage AOE weapons like the B4, ISU, Sturmtiger, and Demo charge, is that they work against blobs, but ALSO delete single squads just as effectively.

I would honestly like to see all of these kind of weapons removed from the game, but more realistically, I think these kind of weapons should not wipe squads nearly as well. Make them deal high damage over a wide area, but not enough to completely kill single models. Give them bonus damage to vehicles and the ability to pin to compensate.

Single shot squad wipe weapons are cancer in this game that already has lots of squad wipes from RNG. On top of that, anyone who defends one form while hating another is just blatantly being biased. Either you hate all of them, or you think they are ALL fine.
15 Aug 2015, 19:40 PM

Permanently Banned
Well im pretty sure cruzz said its possible for a unit to shoot through cover and stuff, but not shotblockers. Thats really the only fix. Everything but the shotblocker thing is fine.
16 Aug 2015, 16:37 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2015, 13:08 PMJohnnyB

You are to much of a gentlemen for these forums. And probably for this life too :D.

He is a swede. Thats totally normal behavior up there. Swedes are very nice folks.
16 Aug 2015, 18:29 PM

I think the Sturmtiger is incredibly powerful and I have loved using it since day 1 of WFA. But the fact of the matter is Elite Armored is a very buggy commander.

Elite armor is not at all bad,its rather pretty good when u know how to play with it.
ST fits perfectly in that doctrine :

1)Detection for ST or other vehicles to hunt or kill already damaged tanks.To know which unit u are seeing u have to use tac map btw.
2)crit repair for mine or naded flak/puma whatever.
3)Heat increases dmg and pen,imo better than mark vehicle.
4)Panzer commander always useful for vet p4 or Panther
5)Already known

That doc heavily relies on vehicle play and preservation if you play differently yeah then its only good for ST.
I even uploaded a replay against a rank 150 soviet "armored assault" guy on semoski which is definitely not the best map for it.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS