Login

russian armor

M5 Quadrush

PAGES (16)down
30 Jul 2015, 07:43 AM

The FHT upgrade was never made because there is no use for a short range low health unit in the late game.

I don't understand why some people keep bringing up the FHT. The two units are worlds apart. Just because something did not work for one of them doesn't mean it won't for the other.

I have to disagree on this one my friend. I used the FHT a lot, but having to spend 200 mp + 40 fuel to get my FHT was too much of a burden for me to ever use the unit again. It's true that it's a low health unit in the late game, but the power of it was great while you could get it without the BP2 requirements.
30 Jul 2015, 07:45 AM

The FHT upgrade was never made because there is no use for a short range low health unit in the late game.

I don't understand why some people keep bringing up the FHT. The two units are worlds apart. Just because something did not work for one of them doesn't mean it won't for the other.

Do I need to remind you the previous tech already and the fact that unless rushed, there is no place for halftrucks other then IR or rocket arty in the time when mediums swarm the field?

Its pretty simple conclusion that if FHT didn't worked with mediums around, the quad won't as well.
30 Jul 2015, 07:53 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Use the Quad to protect and reinforce the ATG/Support line? Counter-harass enemy squads, shoot planes, suppress infantry from range, and just be a 45m zone of no-go for infantry?

The Quad can also actually support a fight without needing to go in deep thanks to its range and damage output, along with utility. The only advantage the flame-track has is burning down the entire garrison the squad is in and AOE
30 Jul 2015, 08:01 AM

The quad still works well with mediums around. Check your facts Katitof.
30 Jul 2015, 08:04 AM

True on that one, because of the long range of the M5 Quads you can keep it out of range, that's why it keeps it place on the battlefield
30 Jul 2015, 08:36 AM

Plain and simple.
Remove reinforce ability after quadmount is installed.
Same should go for the Wehr halftrack.
30 Jul 2015, 08:40 AM

The quad still works well with mediums around. Check your facts Katitof.

As long as you don't keep it in any kind of direct combat.

You could still have Flame HT on the back of the paks with meds rolling out, you just wouldn't be getting anything combat related out of it due to 2 shot threat.
Phy
30 Jul 2015, 09:58 AM

I rushed an M5 into the enemies base yesterday and killed his Stuka lol. Yeah something needs to be fixed with it's damage.

Replay or did not happen.

The quad upgrade should just require T4.

Quad upgrade at T4 will make the M5 stay relevent in the lategame, because unlike the FlamerHT it has long range, supression, and helpt to deal with loitering planes.

Nobody will use it in modegames >1vs1 so no. I prefer another type of fix like an increase cost or reduce supression.
30 Jul 2015, 10:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 08:40 AMKatitof

As long as you don't keep it in any kind of direct combat.

You could still have Flame HT on the back of the paks with meds rolling out, you just wouldn't be getting anything combat related out of it due to 2 shot threat.

The M5 has long range and suppression. Why can't you get this through that thick skull of yours?
On top of that, the M5 has HUGE reinforce radius as it gains vet. You can move it far back if things get dicey and still reinforce your units fighting on the front line. It is a much, much better lategame unit than the flamer halftrack. Both in terms of firepower and in terms of utility.

Moving the Quad upgrade to T4 will not make it useless. It will not make the M5 a bad investment. What it will do is not make the M5 Quad the absolute best no-brainer unit in the whole damn game, and actually turn it into a balanced unit that scales well throughout the game.
30 Jul 2015, 10:30 AM

Aero, Katitof has no skull, so he can't have any brains. The Kapparino is legend for him
30 Jul 2015, 10:35 AM

The M5 has long range and suppression. Why can't you get this through that thick skull of yours?
On top of that, the M5 has HUGE reinforce radius as it gains vet. You can move it far back if things get dicey and still reinforce your units fighting on the front line. It is a much, much better lategame unit than the flamer halftrack. Both in terms of firepower and in terms of utility.

Moving the Quad upgrade to T4 will not make it useless. It will not make the M5 a bad investment. What it will do is not make the M5 Quad the absolute best no-brainer unit in the whole damn game, and actually turn it into a balanced unit that scales well throughout the game.

This is true, it is indeed a great late game unit. With its overdrive ability it's also great for killing lone VP capping squads in those crucial last minutes of a game. If it dies I build another because it's cheap as hell for what it does to augment your force.

Can't say the same for a FHT. Barely worth it to fight Shocks as they do good damage to it at close range where it needs to be to function.
30 Jul 2015, 10:52 AM

I agree with Aerohank. no matter what part of the battle i always get at least one m5 quad because its such a god damn good support unit.

Katitof you dont understand the value of this unit it seems
30 Jul 2015, 10:59 AM

It's one of the only units that i would consider op.
Hope they nerf it soon.Such a cost effective unit even with bad micro shouldnt exist.
30 Jul 2015, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 10:52 AMZyllen
I agree with Aerohank. no matter what part of the battle i always get at least one m5 quad because its such a god damn good support unit.

Katitof you dont understand the value of this unit it seems

Oh I perfectly do.
I fully realize its too strong against lights(2x222 should beat it, not necessarily without a loss of one, but should win), but its AI performance isn't any different to that of any other AA halftruck, long range, suppression, great damage, M15 needs to be stationary for full power, but is effective against all light armor, 251 needs to be stationary, but can erase squad in single burst if they bunch up and have smoke for easier escape, M5 can reinforce, but doesn't have combat scaling as opposed to the two others, M5 also have different cost distribution as what you're paying in fuel for other two comes up in munis for M5.
30 Jul 2015, 12:04 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 11:04 AMKatitof

Oh I perfectly do.
I fully realize its too strong against lights(2x222 should beat it, not necessarily without a loss of one, but should win), but its AI performance isn't any different to that of any other AA halftruck, long range, suppression, great damage, M15 needs to be stationary for full power, but is effective against all light armor, 251 needs to be stationary, but can erase squad in single burst if they bunch up and have smoke for easier escape, M5 can reinforce, but doesn't have combat scaling as opposed to the two others, M5 also have different cost distribution as what you're paying in fuel for other two comes up in munis for M5.

Disagree here,I'd say the M5 even with imminent nerf is way better than both other flak HTs in every way.

It's 360 no scope(set up)time insta suppression along with 45 range is just way better than set up time restricted/awkward reverse moving only WFA flak.

M5 can also literally dive the axis lines/base and clear out paks or even base defenses(OKW).

30 Jul 2015, 13:58 PM

Plain and simple.
Remove reinforce ability after quadmount is installed.
Same should go for the Wehr halftrack.

This.
30 Jul 2015, 14:07 PM

I hate it, yet I also love it:foreveralone:
30 Jul 2015, 17:02 PM

Clearly everyone here thinks that you're the n00b and not Zyllen :romeoPls:

You are so far beneath me. :)

Your transparent soap-boxing proves it. Carry on if you must.
30 Jul 2015, 18:22 PM

i know people are complaining about m5, but kubel has suppression and can be first unit made :)
30 Jul 2015, 18:36 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 18:22 PMNinjaWJ
i know people are complaining about m5, but kubel has suppression and can be first unit made :)

You think people only complain about its suppression? :luvDerp:
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight