Login

russian armor

M5 Quadrush

PAGES (16)down
6 Aug 2015, 11:36 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Recently been playing with the soviets and tried the m5 aswell, it amazes me how i can just finish games in under 15 minutes.
6 Aug 2015, 11:56 AM

OKW does not have big problems. Just rush puma. For ostheer its different. Id say increase SC cost and buff armor/HP.

T4 for upgrade is too late. Weve been there with HT upgrade which was unplayable.

Lowering rate of fire is an option as well.
6 Aug 2015, 12:10 PM

Going Puma every time as OKW isn't fun either. They just need to reduce it's damage/DPS. I don't know why there is so much handwringing over this since it would still do brutal AoE suppression and it's the most durable reinforcement HT in the game.
6 Aug 2015, 12:36 PM

Going Puma every time as OKW isn't fun either.

for some variety, try mines, wire and raketen!

(Blame the carpenter, not the tools).
6 Aug 2015, 12:45 PM

for some variety, try mines, wire and raketen!

(Blame the carpenter, not the tools).

You know that OKW wire has been cuttable for ages right and lol racktens ain't no guarantee against quadmounts with their dank DPS.
6 Aug 2015, 12:52 PM

You know that OKW wire has been cuttable for ages right and lol racktens ain't no guarantee against quadmounts with their dank DPS.

If you can't chase off an M5 with raketen, a pio and/or a Volks - then you are just useless. :)

Next time that M5 comes sniffing aruond, you'll have something better in store for it... right?

RIGHT? ;)
6 Aug 2015, 13:02 PM

M5, to be honest, is powerful but its doubleedge sword since you know its coming and you can prepare somehow
6 Aug 2015, 13:04 PM

Most people think that M5 is, in fact, not OP.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/195087-new-quad-is-op

There are a grand total of 48 votes on this poll, hardly as decisive as you would like to claim for it.
6 Aug 2015, 13:22 PM

If you can't chase off an M5 with raketen, a pio and/or a Volks - then you are just useless. :)

Next time that M5 comes sniffing aruond, you'll have something better in store for it... right?

RIGHT? ;)

Using infantry against a dedicated AI vehicle is dumb #woah #wow

Regardless the Quad is just to versatile compared to the other AA HT's
6 Aug 2015, 13:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2015, 11:36 AMSpanky
Recently been playing with the soviets and tried the m5 aswell, it amazes me how i can just finish games in under 15 minutes.

Pretty much this.

Most 1v1 Soviet games I have played this patch, which mostly have been games against equally high ranked players, were over long before a P4 could hit the field.

6 Aug 2015, 13:37 PM
Benefactor 392

M5 is a really great unit, not only can it cut down dudes, it can reinforce your dudes as well. it's mobility is really great, and the cost is just amazing for what it can do.
6 Aug 2015, 13:54 PM
Donator 11

The major problem with the M5 Quad in the current state is its lack of real counters at time of arrival.

Its mobility can avoid paks, its suppression can avoid shrecks, its damage destroys any ACs.

Adding the recrew by reinvorcement ability and the high range, its effect is gamebreaking right now. Yes, you can beat it, but the price and effort it takes is in no comparison to the low cost of the M5.

It can be fixed by just getting a weakness. One of those for example:

- reduce damage output to ACs
- loose suppression
- increase fuel cost
- make it very, very slow
6 Aug 2015, 14:46 PM

this has cost me a couple of games :)
lol @ the aoe supression and supressing on the move
lol @ firing with main gun critical(omg relic)
lol @ the way it shreds axis light vehicles
lol @ how fast it can kill raketen and pak

i understand that the games balance may have been biased aganist the allies before but this thing now annihilates lmfao. as if the soviets didnt need any more cheese
6 Aug 2015, 15:00 PM

this has cost me a couple of games :)
lol @ the aoe supression and supressing on the move
lol @ firing with main gun critical(omg relic)
lol @ the way it shreds axis light vehicles
lol @ how fast it can kill raketen and pak

i understand that the games balance may have been biased aganist the allies before but this thing now annihilates lmfao. as if the soviets didnt need any more cheese

Show me a replay where you laid down mines and baited the M5 into your raketen / Pak using infantry.
6 Aug 2015, 15:00 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This unit totally ruins my axis expierence.
I do not understand why soviets must always have "that" batshit overpowered unit or ability that ruins playing against them. Every patch. They either win on bullshit gimmicks or lose because they didn't abuse said gimmicks.
Relic takes 1 step forward with su76 being moved, and t34 moved to SU85 tier, and then takes 15,000 steps back with **** quad.
Honestly I've had it with the soviet shit show. Id rather run into 4 MG42/ 4Pak walls and CAS with USF than deal with anything from the soviets any more.
Just fucking make them on par with axis without giving them 12 flavors of cheese each patch. FOR FUCKS SAKE.

2 years I've dealt with this. I'm so fucking done.
6 Aug 2015, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 13:39 PMJohnnyB
Actually, I believe the actual M5 Quad it's not ok, something must be done with it without cutting its latest gained efficiency. I would delay the supression feature or make the upgrade more expensive. First solution though.

I would also look to double (or more) the reload time. It is 4 guns after all, it shouldn't take a few seconds.
6 Aug 2015, 15:36 PM

Can we at least keep the M5 as it for high game mode, as it makes less of a difference in 3 v 3+?
6 Aug 2015, 15:37 PM

Just reduce its damage, it doesn't need to shred everything it looks at. Everyone would still use the thing.

6 Aug 2015, 15:43 PM

Permanently Banned
Can we at least keep the M5 as it for high game mode, as it makes less of a difference in 3 v 3+?

6 Aug 2015, 18:15 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2015, 11:36 AMSpanky

how long would it have taken you to beat them without the M5?
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS