Login

russian armor

Dev Diary pt1: UKF - From History to Gameplay

21 Jul 2015, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 14:48 PMPorygon

Well, for the others then.

I don't think thats relevant.

They'll see 2 stock howitzers and will go anus bleeding mode.

And I believe you're underestimating them a bit.
21 Jul 2015, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 14:48 PMKatitof

Just because something was in experimental phase doesn't equal to it being combat used.
IR StGs were not in service during Ardenes assault, the earliest they have seen actual combat was late feb, early march, which was long after Ardenes campaign. OKW is based on battle of the bulge forces, IR StGs were not used there.

Do you need anything else?

Yes, try stop going full retarded, sometimes, maybe.

Arguing this making no sense. Relic taught us Fallshrimmjager were dropped from Stuka. P-47 was used for reconnaissance.
21 Jul 2015, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 14:49 PMKatitof

I don't think thats relevant.

They'll see 2 stock howitzers and will go anus bleeding mode.

And I believe you're underestimating them a bit.

I played Royal Artillery Regiment 90% in the Alpha, underestimating? Kappa
21 Jul 2015, 15:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 14:51 PMPorygon

Yes, try stop going full retarded, sometimes, maybe.

Arguing this making no sense. Relic taught us Fallshrimmjager were dropped from Stuka. P-47 was used for reconnaissance.

Right after you.

And congrats, you've got the point, since WFA introduction history doesn't really play significant role in coh2. Makes as much sense to see Comet as IR StGs.

21 Jul 2015, 15:27 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 14:48 PMKatitof

Just because something was in experimental phase doesn't equal to it being combat used.
IR StGs were not in service during Ardenes assault, the earliest they have seen actual combat was late feb, early march, which was long after Ardenes campaign. OKW is based on battle of the bulge forces, IR StGs were not used there.

Do you need anything else?

These arguements hold no value. We see USF forces fighting in the Outskirts of Moscow. We see USF forces fighting besides Soviet forces. By your logic, USF forces in coh 2 will never get the m26 pershing, since the first Pershing tanks arrived in Antwerp at the very end of January 1945, the battle of the Bulge ended on the 25th of January. (Hunnicutt, R. P. (1971). Pershing, A History of the Medium Tank T20 Series).

Since the USF forces are based around those of the Battle of the Bulge and the Ardennes campaign, they never used the m26 Pershing.

Is that how it is going to be then?

21 Jul 2015, 15:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 14:39 PMnigo
Another interesting thing - hammer or anvil in BRITISH BASE DECALS:

NDA leak - you unlock new Tier with different sets of units (anvil or hammer) :snfBarton:
21 Jul 2015, 16:02 PM

The preview pictures are awfully bare to me considering how much interesting stuff was in the Brits OF. Many of the units shown are the same ones.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 14:28 PMKatitof

Not even close really.

CoH2 brits are one of the best designed armies in the whole coh series if not the best designed one.
Converting their "special feature" for other armies would improve gameplay and open new strategic options tremendously.

Balance is another thing.
21 Jul 2015, 17:03 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

NDA leak - you unlock new Tier with different sets of units (anvil or hammer) :snfBarton:

Hardly NDA... Relic have already stated that....:rolleyes:
21 Jul 2015, 17:11 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

The preview pictures are awfully bare to me considering how much interesting stuff was in the Brits OF. Many of the units shown are the same ones.

What the various publications to date have indicated is an independent British Sniper (absent from OF), a mobile British MG team (not those dreadful turtling MG units from OF), all kinds of AFVs (many not in OF), Air Support (definitely not in OF), a forward HQ (not in OF) ...and that is without the extra 3 NDA Commanders
21 Jul 2015, 17:11 PM

My favorite unit from the Alpha was the Centuar which is essentially a cross between an Ostwind and a OKW Flak HT.

(I ain't breakin no NDA they have already shown the unit :snfMarcus: )
21 Jul 2015, 17:15 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Correct. :) AFAIK, the only stuff really under NDA now is the actual speech from the units and details of the 3 extra Brit Commndrs (which may well have changed) - and some stuff relating to the original 4 armies...... which may well be only experimental.
21 Jul 2015, 17:33 PM

My favorite unit from the Alpha was the Centuar which is essentially a cross between an Ostwind and a OKW Flak HT.

Centaur was that dbl 20mm squad wipe unit? :snfBarton:
21 Jul 2015, 17:43 PM

Centaur was that dbl 20mm squad wipe unit? :snfBarton:

Yes. It has an ability that just kills any infantry in a certain radius that you designate. Think like the Flak HT but 4 times as deadly.
21 Jul 2015, 18:28 PM

Correct. :) AFAIK, the only stuff really under NDA now is the actual speech from the units and details of the 3 extra Brit Commndrs (which may well have changed) - and some stuff relating to the original 4 armies...... which may well be only experimental.

And a guy inv all my discussion, great.
21 Jul 2015, 18:45 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 18:28 PMPorygon

And a guy inv all my discussion, great.

Pory unchained ;)
21 Jul 2015, 18:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yes. It has an ability that just kills any infantry in a certain radius that you designate. Think like the Flak HT but 4 times as deadly.

I just hope they have iron all the bugs. That bug was really scary.
21 Jul 2015, 19:16 PM

Thread title: From History to Gameplay

Thread content: People arguing over whether history has any place in gameplay or not.

It's as if every thread is just the same people disagreeing with the same people over the same things, thread topic and developer statements notwithstanding.
21 Jul 2015, 19:29 PM

I just hope they have iron all the bugs. That bug was really scary.

Lol the bug broke the tank as in it would continue shooting in place until it died. Or a least i heard people complaining it did that, and AI was stuck in that limbo whenever it used it, which is why i never used the ability.
21 Jul 2015, 20:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Lol the bug broke the tank as in it would continue shooting in place until it died. Or a least i heard people complaining it did that, and AI was stuck in that limbo whenever it used it, which is why i never used the ability.

Nope, it just kept shooting till you set another order. You could just quickly kill any OKW building. I think it was a matter of setting the ability range into a small spot so the turret made little to no turns.
22 Jul 2015, 02:05 AM

damn qiunn....
using churchills eloquence and resolution to manipulate us into liking the upcoming expansion

wp, relic :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight