Login

russian armor

Sandbags Sandbags Everywhere

PAGES (8)down
15 Jul 2015, 04:14 AM

The first thing infantry do when occupying a position, no matter how temporary, is to begin constructing covered positions.

And fuck, cover is a good asset against blobbers.

But yeah the Soviet sandbags have problems
15 Jul 2015, 04:34 AM

I've been saying con's needed a late game buff for since march deployment, but every kept crying about con's getting green cover and soviet call in infantry like that magically made con's useful pass the 12 minute mark
15 Jul 2015, 05:01 AM

as annoying as the sandbags are, they are one of the few things that keep the conscript useful into late game. placing
15 Jul 2015, 05:22 AM
Patrion 14

I agree, sandbags need some changes. With just conscripts, its not so bad, but the problem comes with the synergies that you get with guards.

Unfortunately, after the nerf to molotovs, conscripts have almost no role in the lategame except as sandbag/ AT nade dispensers. I'm all for scaling down conscript sandbags, but I feel like it would need to come with a buff to conscript scaling, like a T4 upgrade for 3-4 PPS43s, which could work like weaker STGs.
15 Jul 2015, 05:36 AM

I feel like just making it so building sandbags while being shot at gave you 25% more received damage would be enough.
15 Jul 2015, 05:54 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I feel like just making it so building sandbags while being shot at gave you 25% more received damage would be enough.

More like make all buildable objetcs give 25% more RA while constructing them.

15 Jul 2015, 05:56 AM

I don't think the soviet sandbags or better said barricades are OP except maybe against OKW and that's because of 1. volks shitty anti infantry capabilities, because of 2. you think twice before throwing a grenade (shouldn't I invest it to buy a shreck than try to flush these cons out of green cover? Decisions decisions...) because of 3. you don't have a flamethrower, because of 4. you don't have a proper mortar, 5. because you don't have a sniper and so on...... The only thing to do against this tactic is start with T3 and build an AA HT which willl be hardcountered pretty fast if your soviet opponent started with T2 or use that super-OP tank hunters doctrine. Or you can rely on more sturmpios, get close and be fast while doing it.

So OKW has some solutions too, in the end.
15 Jul 2015, 06:02 AM

dank hunters and sandbags equals pure Kappa
15 Jul 2015, 06:29 AM
Patrion 14

Does anyone know if the okw irht can crush sandbags? I feel like it would be a good troll counter to script sandbag spam.
15 Jul 2015, 06:34 AM

Does anyone know if the okw irht can crush sandbags? I feel like it would be a good troll counter to script sandbag spam.

It can crush OKW sandbags, but not conscript ones.
15 Jul 2015, 06:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2015, 05:56 AMJohnnyB
I don't think the soviet sandbags or better said barricades are OP except maybe against OKW and that's because of 1. volks shitty anti infantry capabilities, because of 2. you think twice before throwing a grenade (shouldn't I invest it to buy a shreck than try to flush these cons out of green cover? Decisions decisions...) because of 3. you don't have a flamethrower, because of 4. you don't have a proper mortar, 5. because you don't have a sniper and so on...... The only thing to do against this tactic is start with T3 and build an AA HT which willl be hardcountered pretty fast if your soviet opponent started with T2 or use that super-OP tank hunters doctrine. Or you can rely on more sturmpios, get close and be fast while doing it.

So OKW has some solutions too, in the end.

Once the Leig8 ISG is 330 MP all will be well.

What OKW should be worrying about is the new ML-20 and fast T70.
aaa
15 Jul 2015, 06:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2015, 01:13 AMBudwise

There's no tactical movement in this game as long as people can just build green cover all over the map.
/rant

Thats not only rant about losing games. Thats a lie. In fact there are only few positions on the map were you can build usefull sandbags. In most places sandbags will serve for your enemy cuzz axis has mgs snipers and mortars right from the start and thats way can hold positions much better.
15 Jul 2015, 06:45 AM

Permanently Banned
OKW spams sandbags too

But that's an an axis faction so its fine

Cons have a received accuracy penalty, sandbags are a MUST.

lieg got a price decrease, adapt and use it.
15 Jul 2015, 06:46 AM

Being able to spam sandbags isn't the issue, the issue is when I'm in a fire fight and a con horde can win it because they take no extra damage from pulling green cover out of their ass in the middle of a battle.

More like make all buildable objetcs give 25% more RA while constructing them.

so if the enemy tries to magic in some green cover you can punish him for it.

OKW spams sandbags too

But that's an an axis faction so its fine

Cons have a received accuracy penalty, sandbags are a MUST.

lieg got a price decrease, adapt and use it.

Except Conscript sandbags have 5 times as much health and can't be crushed by light half tracks. OKW sandbags die to small arms fire easily or the very shrek of the volk that build it.
15 Jul 2015, 06:48 AM

Indeed, all units should have increased received accuracy while doing repairs/construction/salvaging.
15 Jul 2015, 06:50 AM

Permanently Banned

Except Conscript sandbags have 5 times as much health and can't be crushed by light half tracks. OKW sandbags die to small arms fire easily or the very shrek of the volk that build it.

Asymmetrical balance
15 Jul 2015, 06:52 AM

Asymmetrical balance

Being able to spam sandbags isn't the issue, the issue is when I'm in a fire fight and a con horde can win it because they take no extra damage from pulling green cover out of their ass in the middle of a battle.

Indeed, all units should have increased received accuracy while doing repairs/construction/salvaging.
15 Jul 2015, 06:54 AM

Permanently Banned
Volks dont have a penalty while constructing sandbags either.
15 Jul 2015, 06:55 AM

Building under fire should result in a lot more damage taken. That's all the nerf that's needed I think...

Yes Cons sandbags are annoying as hell but they really need them to survive.
But it's kind of ridiculous that it feels like they don't take any additional damage while building.
15 Jul 2015, 06:56 AM

Volks dont have a penalty while constructing sandbags either.

It's almost like people think all units should have penalty for building while under fire.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 22
unknown 4
unknown 0
United Kingdom 155
Germany 25

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W