Login

russian armor

Cruzz's The More You Know

PAGES (58)down
4 Feb 2016, 21:05 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Thank you.

Also do bulletins, such as Infantry training, have any effect on conscript doctrinal PPSHs or PTRSs?
Asking because the bulletins only mention rifles specifically.

its applied to whatever weapon is in hardpoint 1.

the PPSH upgrade removes the mosin nagant from hardpoint 1, and replaces it with PPSH smgs, so yes it would work for PPSHs.

however, The PTRS upgrade applies to the squad as a slot item, not a hard point change.

To my knowledge slot weapons are not considered the same as hard point weapons, as slot weapons are the ones that drop, etc.

so it shouldn't apply to the ptrs.

4 Feb 2016, 23:17 PM

its applied to whatever weapon is in hardpoint 1.

the PPSH upgrade removes the mosin nagant from hardpoint 1, and replaces it with PPSH smgs, so yes it would work for PPSHs.

however, The PTRS upgrade applies to the squad as a slot item, not a hard point change.

To my knowledge slot weapons are not considered the same as hard point weapons, as slot weapons are the ones that drop, etc.

so it shouldn't apply to the ptrs.

If it applies to whatever weapon is in hardpoint 1, does that then mean the bulletin will only have an effect on the PPSH now, or will it still apply to both the Mosin Nagant, and the PPSH?
5 Feb 2016, 00:07 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It only replaces the original hard point weapon for select models, so you would still have mosins in hard point 1 for 3 models, then PPSH just jumps in hard point 1 for the other 3 models.

So yes it would apply to both mosins and PPSH, for that particular 3% accuracy bulletin at least. Things like that may vary. I can look up any others if you want, just ask
5 Feb 2016, 09:41 AM

So when I have PGrens with accuracy bulletins and pick up a weapon, this weapon does not have the increased accuracy?
5 Feb 2016, 10:53 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

i was wrong abotu slot items, they count as hardpoint 1 too so all weapons cons pick up should get le 3% accuracy
6 Feb 2016, 12:07 PM

Conscript merge question here; it is known that units retain their inherent armor and received accuracy but get the new squad's dps profile, my question is do merged conscripts get the veterancy buff of the squad ( such as accuracy and received accuracy changes) ? My guess is merging to a veteran squad should always benefit the merging non-vet conscript overall as they should receive the buffs.
6 Feb 2016, 13:06 PM

Conscript merge question here; it is known that units retain their inherent armor and received accuracy but get the new squad's dps profile, my question is do merged conscripts get the veterancy buff of the squad ( such as accuracy and received accuracy changes) ? My guess is merging to a veteran squad should always benefit the merging non-vet conscript overall as they should receive the buffs.

If they wouldn't be getting vet buffs, there would be no point to even have merge in game.
6 Feb 2016, 13:55 PM

Ok thanks for clarification Katitof.
One more question for the thread; quoting from MilkaCow's explanation on range and dps post here:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/23832/stormpioneers-post-patch/post/214077

The question concerns near range value of soldiers, shock troops have 10 near range according to coh2 stats and the dps graph shows no increase in damage below 10 meter engagements. ( pic below )

Yet the standard practice with shock troops on every level ( pro or new ) is to get as close as possible to the enemy units, which I also do.
So basically the question is what is the truth behind this, does dps stay put at 10 meters and closer or does it increase as intuition and practice dictates?
6 Feb 2016, 14:34 PM

So basically the question is what is the truth behind this, does dps stay put at 10 meters and closer or does it increase as intuition and practice dictates?

Players mentality from the time when bullets from PPSh entered the warp and were gone forever if the range was longer then arms reach.

Another reason is, the closer you'll get before opponent retreats, the longer you'll be able to deal dps to retreating squad.

And you're reading the graph wrong, its not about no increase below 10 range, its about no DPS drop off up to 10 range.
6 Feb 2016, 17:07 PM

I was looking at Miragefla's Youtube feed recently and I discovered this gem:

This should help explain everything about which bonuses are maintained/inherited when you merge squads/recrew weapons etc.
6 Feb 2016, 18:23 PM

Wow thanks Mr.Smith, really spot on. So it seems that:

• Accuracy modifiers from the initial squad persists in the merged models (model modifier).
  • Accuracy modifiers also persist even if the weapon is changed (mosin to ppsh)
  • Received accuracy modifiers from vet initial squad doesn't persist with merging models.(since it is a squad modifier)
  • I have reason to believe vet3 conscripts' -20% weapon cooldown persists with merge.
  • We know that armor doesn't change with merge as it's inherent model value.

I've asked Miragefla, so if he responds i'll edit his answer here.
6 Feb 2016, 20:10 PM

I have a question regarding tanks' moving penalties and scatter.

1. Does moving affect scatter in any way? (I haven't seen anything to suggest this)
2. (corollary) If I am chasing/kiting infantry, does this mean I should not really care about whether I am moving or not?

When engaging in a tank-to-tank battle, it makes sense to hit "stop" right before firing your shots.
- Tanks have significantly large sizes (~20)
- This means that a significant part of the damage potential (~60%) comes from accuracy rolls rather than scatter rolls
- However, moving incurs a significant accuracy penalty (about 25-50% depending on the tank)
- Thus, it makes sense to remain stationary while lining your shots, in order to increase your odds.

However, when engaging infantry:
- Target sizes are tiny, which means accuracy will be 3-5%
- Thus, the vast majority of the damage potential comes from scatter
- Scatter does not seem to be affected by moving (am I correct in this?)
- (vertical and horizontal) Scatter is, however, affected by distance

My question is: if I am chasing infantry, should I keep chasing them (so that I minimize the distance), or should I keep stopping before shooting (so that I have a 3% accuracy instead of a 1.5% accuracy)?
6 Feb 2016, 20:38 PM

Most vehicles get doubled scatter while on the move. You can find the specific number for a given vehicle in their ebps file under action_apply_ext in a requirement action.

Whether it's worth continuing to chase or to stand still will depend on your vehicle and the terrain, but usually staying close to the target to minimize scatter is of higher value.

1) What is the penalty that repair/builder units receive when they are under attack while repairing?

Tripled received accuracy and damage

2) Is the repair rate calculated per model, or per squad? (i.e., does squad size matter?)

Yes

3) Is there a limit to how many squads/models can perform the same action (e.g. sandbags, mines, repairing) in order to speed things up?

There's a limit for building (8), but I don't think there's a limit for repair.

Also do bulletins, such as Infantry training, have any effect on conscript doctrinal PPSHs or PTRSs?
Asking because the bulletins only mention rifles specifically.

They'll affect all weapons infantry have.

Not sure if they'll get applied to stuff like panzerfausts or not, a bit too minor a thing to even bother testing.
6 Feb 2016, 22:43 PM

Cruzz, how are you so knowledgeable?
6 Feb 2016, 22:47 PM

Cruzz, how are you so knowledgeable?

He's Cruzz:hansRNG:
7 Feb 2016, 01:15 AM

Cruzz is da man!
7 Feb 2016, 21:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What are the armor proportions (front vs rear) or where do you find that data?
7 Feb 2016, 22:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What are the armor proportions (front vs rear) or where do you find that data?

I was told people were definitely sure it was front half and rear half in CoH1 and expected it to hold over to CoH2.
7 Feb 2016, 23:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 22:47 PMVuther

I was told people were definitely sure it was front half and rear half in CoH1 and expected it to hold over to CoH2.

And i heard since release, that is not neccesarily true for all vehicles (ex. Ele)
8 Feb 2016, 00:29 AM

And i heard since release, that is not neccesarily true for all vehicles (ex. Ele)

Rear armor being half of the front armor is the most common case, but its only true in maybe 50% of the cases.

Might contain some unused squads for multiplayer, didn't filter.
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS