Login

russian armor

Can we plz fix the Rifle nade?

2 Jul 2015, 14:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2015, 14:35 PMFul4n0

nades are only good when your enemy (the receiver of that nade) is microing/figthing in multiples fronts, sooooo, doesn´t matter that Ostheer doesn´t really do.

I think this is more accurate.

That applies to all grenades.
2 Jul 2015, 14:44 PM

That applies to all grenades.

sure mate, but, as our mate Beefsurge suggested, OST doen´t fight in multiples fronts at same time, as much as allied factions, sooo, nades (all kind of them) are a more powerfull tool in axis hands than in allies ones.

Anyway my point was just to show that this argument about different fights at a time & nades, if anything, is a positive thing for OST, not a cons.

2 Jul 2015, 21:45 PM

- fix vet 2 uber range
- fix not playing the animation
- reduce damage
- slight cost increase?
2 Jul 2015, 21:51 PM

The only thing about the rifle nade that needs fixing is the vet 2 range and (like all grenades) needs to not be able to be fired while suppressed by a machine gun.

Triangle formation on MGS this patch makes it very tough for a rifle made to wipe an MG this patch.

The only thing that needs fixing is the sound playing after a cancel, and the vet 2 range.

It is one of the most telegraphed grenades in the game, with a loud report and a dude that actually takes a knee. If you can't dodge it, that's on you.

2 Jul 2015, 23:13 PM

At least 50% range reduction if suppressed.
2 Jul 2015, 23:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2015, 14:35 PMFul4n0

nades are only good when your enemy (the receiver of that nade) is microing/figthing in multiples fronts, sooooo, doesn´t matter that Ostheer doesn´t really do.

I think this is more accurate.

you're always in rifle grenade range as it has 30 range, especially if the grenadier have vet2.

most other grenade only reaches out to 20 which mean you can kind of safely look away if the fight isn't happening that close. The molly only goes out to 15.

Triangle formation on MGS this patch makes it very tough for a rifle made to wipe an MG this patch.

The only thing that needs fixing is the sound playing after a cancel, and the vet 2 range.

It is one of the most telegraphed grenades in the game, with a loud report and a dude that actually takes a knee. If you can't dodge it, that's on you.

it's not just a matter of wiping. If a .50cal takes a rifle nade it's going to be hurting badly. Combined with their excellent long range DPS, grenadier can just burn down the .50cal while the .50cal try to reshuffle.

it gets ridiculous when a vet2 grenadier can fire a rifle nade almost as far as a mg can shoot. It's almost impossible to prevent your mg from becoming rifle nade fodder.
3 Jul 2015, 02:06 AM

Permanently Banned
:clap::hyper::oops: so make it useless, right guys?
3 Jul 2015, 02:50 AM

Even if rifle nades didn't exist the .50 cal and dhsk wouldn't be worth it because the allies not defending much (unless your guarding an isolated point or you f***** up early game) combined with the Ostheer non-doc mega mortar.

Honestly changing rifle nades out for a different ability or different implementation could buff Grens in a way.
3 Jul 2015, 03:06 AM
Patrion 14

:clap::hyper::oops: so make it useless, right guys?

Making it useless has nothing to do with it. If something is overperforming, it needs a change of some kind. Acting like any nerf will make something useless is the worst argument I have heard of.

Does that mean old maxim/ISU/flamer ht were fine?
3 Jul 2015, 03:13 AM

Permanently Banned

Making it useless has nothing to do with it. If something is overperforming, it needs a change of some kind. Acting like any nerf will make something useless is the worst argument I have heard of.

Does that mean old maxim/ISU/flamer ht were fine?
You srs comm ash? All the nerf AOE, damage, and increase cost posts ive seen are top KEK. effectively making it useless. But once you look through all the L2P issues, its clear as day that what it needs is to have vet 2 range increase range removed, reduced range upon suppression like all nades, fix animations. Thats it. Nerfing AOE, damage, and price on top of what I just said effectively nerfs the riflenade into extinction far past the FHT as of now. Get a grip.
3 Jul 2015, 03:18 AM

Yeah, fixing the animation and replacing vet 2 range with something else is practically all that is needed as rifle grenades are the grenades with the least telltale sign of use. Volks, conscripts, and riflemen usually have clear signs of throwing a grenade by moving in close more than they should. Grens are units that stay at range, and the vet 2 extra range of RG allows them to fire where they are at, so it is harder to distinguish whether or not they are preparing to fire. This is what gets most people caught by rifle grenades.

And of course that one video where the grenadier decides to do his crouching animation after he fires a RG from his crotch.
3 Jul 2015, 03:20 AM
Patrion 14

You srs comm ash? All the nerf AOE, damage, and increase cost posts ive seen are top KEK. effectively making it useless. But once you look through all the L2P issues, its clear as day that what it needs is to have vet 2 range increase range removed, reduced range upon suppression like all nades, fix animations. Thats it. Nerfing AOE, damage, and price on top of what I just said effectively nerfs the riflenade into extinction far past the FHT as of now. Get a grip.

I thought you were complaining about any nerf at all. Your post said nothing about the range. So sorry, but at the same, you should learn to not insult people, makes people take you more seriously. :)
3 Jul 2015, 03:23 AM

Permanently Banned
fine fine, im sorry
3 Jul 2015, 04:59 AM

Yes.

P.s rifle nades hardly wipe squads. Pics or it Didn't happen

Well I don't have pics and I usually don't bother saving replays, but if you've never seen a riflenade wipe a squad before then you've got some crazy RNG following you around.

Especially if your squad is bunched up in yellow. My 2v2 partner often spreads his troops out more than I, and every now and then I'll see a gren waltz up while he's looking elsewhere, pop a riflenade, and instagib an entire rifle squad that's parked in some yellow cover.

I miss how squads would always hit the deck and spread out when grenades were thrown on them in vCoH. Anybody know why that feature was removed?

>inb4 "L2P" response
3 Jul 2015, 05:42 AM

+1
3 Jul 2015, 07:28 AM

Not even close to molotov.
3 Jul 2015, 08:02 AM

All we need is to :
disable vet 2 range increase

decrease rifle nade range when grenadier is supressed

And dont allow grenades to be fired from shot blockers , because you cant see the grenade and it is ofen squad wipe
Phy
3 Jul 2015, 09:50 AM

If rifle grenades were an allied inf hability it would have been fixed so far.

3 Jul 2015, 10:06 AM
Donator 22

they are going to rework the vet system anyway in the future, so lets see.
I'd like the idea to decrease the rifle range or accuracy, when grens supressed. Of course for all faction, type of grenades
3 Jul 2015, 11:05 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Regardless of weapon teams, Rifle Nades are just a really poorly designed mechanic. They don't clear garrisons properly, which is what they're supposed to do, instead they result in gimmicky, effortless squad wipes.

Firing a Rifle nade over a shot blocker that you literally can not see coming and have no time to dodge because it's instant detonate resulting in a squad wipe is just silly. It also makes no sense how they detonate instantly, combined with the fact they have the best animation that can be very hard to spot compared to other grenade animations. It also breaks late game and makes LMG Grens far stronger than what they should be, because it makes other long range LMG unable to remain static for fear of being instawiped. This encourages blobbing because you can't risk fighting on multiple fronts against Rifle Nades.

Giving Grenadiers regular grenades like Volks or Fusileers would be a great chance to not only increase the viability of allied support teams, but also just to decrease the skilless "free" squad wipes and result in more tactical play. It would also help Ost clearing garrisons which is something they lack.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight