Login

russian armor

Heavy Tank Limit

PAGES (8)down
6 Jul 2015, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 17:35 PMRocket

I often wonder why more OKW players don't use the medium tank commander? Does not seem like a terrible one. If they gave you a medium tank Alex it would just be more burning panzers and food for my shermans kappa. :D

Elite Armored is garbage for a bunch of reasons;

-Emergency repair is bugged and can cause your tank to get decrewed every time it takes damage

-HEAT shells are the wrong type of shell and are easy to avoid

-PIV Ausf J's are just worse PIV's for almost the cost of a KT anyway. (At 210 for two they are 105 each but with the fuel penalty cost as much as an Ost PIV anyway). Also nobody wants 2 PIV's at 9 CP

-Panzer Commander is expensive and doesn't really do much other than look cool and call in extremely slow artillery barrages.
6 Jul 2015, 18:27 PM

I think they should get rid of this limitation, so used to calling in 2nd Tiger. One Tiger alone is lack luster for its cost, perhaps a separate topic for this.
6 Jul 2015, 18:45 PM

Replace the puma with the pIVJ and I am sure no one will bat an eyelid to your multiple is2s. Because by the time it will be on the field the mediums would be vetted. I would much rather charge allies with ptrs or bazookas at the side of a tiger than any infantry you want to pick at the side of soviet heavies with a dshka up top and a molotov on the way.
6 Jul 2015, 18:48 PM

Replace the puma with the pIVJ and I am sure no one will bat an eyelid to your multiple is2s. Because by the time it will be on the field the mediums would be vetted. I would much rather charge allies with ptrs or bazookas at the side of a tiger than any infantry you want to pick at the side of soviet heavies with a dshka up top and a molotov on the way.

Because medium tank at 8-9 minute is such AWESOME idea.

Why won't we put sherman to LT tier and T34 to T2 as well?
6 Jul 2015, 18:49 PM

-Emergency repair is bugged and can cause your tank to get decrewed every time it takes damage

-PIV Ausf J's are just worse PIV's for almost the cost of a KT anyway. (At 210 for two they are 105 each but with the fuel penalty cost as much as an Ost PIV anyway). Also nobody wants 2 PIV's at 9 CP

-Panzer Commander is expensive and doesn't really do much other than look cool and call in extremely slow artillery barrages.

I agree that Elite armor is garbage, but OKW does have a medium, the Panther, it's just that it is a really expensive medium given the fuel penalty. It doesn't matter much in a 3 or 4 but in a 1v1 it means that it comes really late, and you always have to chose between JP4 (or Puma if you went mechanized) or being vulnerable for a long time if you're waiting to build Schwerer and Panther.
6 Jul 2015, 18:53 PM

Because medium tank at 8-9 minute is such AWESOME idea.

Why won't we put sherman to LT tier and T34 to T2 as well?

Rushed shermans are a thing that already exists.

I agree that Elite armor is garbage, but OKW does have a medium, the Panther, it's just that it is a really expensive medium given the fuel penalty. It doesn't matter much in a 3 or 4 but in a 1v1 it means that it comes really late, and you always have to chose between JP4 (or Puma if you went mechanized) or being vulnerable for a long time if you're waiting to build Schwerer and Panther.

That's the issue, OKW has a huuuuuge gap in it's mid game thanks to 1 tier being nothing but light vehicles that start dropping off in usefulness when AT guns hit the field en mass and the other doesn't offer good AI options.

The Panther really isn't a generalist medium, it's a heavy tank with some sprinkled on AI for all intensive purposes.
6 Jul 2015, 18:55 PM

It pains me to agree with Alex but yeah....this commander needs some love mostly by a cost reduction to the call in pair and bug fixes.
6 Jul 2015, 19:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Or maybe NDA NDA, dunno. Wonder if they plan on releasing that on live.
6 Jul 2015, 19:07 PM

Nda isn't what this thread is about, its about how all okw players want a nice fast generalist tank instead of a hulking beheamoth that gets stun locked and engine critted into a burning pile of resources that gets broken down by swarms of t34s.
6 Jul 2015, 19:09 PM

If you want my personal opinion on what should be done to fix Elite Armored....

1. Armor Detection just allows your tanks to detect enemy tanks around them as a passive, Soviet ability should work the same way (but with infantry detecting tanks of course)

2. Emergency Repairs is like the USF ability but just on the tank, pay some munitions (like 20 or something) to get a quick crit repair and a little bit of damage.

3. HEAT shells should be a toggle on and off that decreases ROF but increases damage and pen

4. PIV's are just build able from your Schwer whenever you have the commander on, so if you want to rush then feel free. Also they should come with the skirts but cost more fuel (hue hue)

5. Panzer Commander is essentially just radio net
6 Jul 2015, 19:26 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 18:55 PMNapalm

It pains me to agree with Alex but yeah....this commander needs some love mostly by a cost reduction to the call in pair and bug fixes.

It just needs the alpha changes :foreveralone:
6 Jul 2015, 20:21 PM

Alpha change this sucka. The tank commander went full commando.

6 Jul 2015, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 20:21 PMNapalm
Alpha change this sucka. The tank commander went full commando.

Looks like the tank commander is just being a nice guy and holding the binoculars for the MG gunner, working as intended :snfPeter:
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS