Login

russian armor

Heavy Tank Limit

PAGES (8)down
29 Jun 2015, 08:25 AM

Is the Pershing gonna be limited or what?

I hope not.
29 Jun 2015, 08:27 AM

Permanently Banned
Is the Pershing gonna be limited or what?

I hope not.

It is considered a heavy during ww2

it should be limited
29 Jun 2015, 08:46 AM

The whole point is, Two heavies (1 player) were on the field where all we can field are mediums and 1 heavy.

Figuratively speaking, you have better chances to be hit by a falling plane in your own house than meeting this situation on the field: same okw player build one Jagdtiger and one KT in one game and keep them alive to act as a team. Or you got stomped quite hard since game beginning. ....Aaand that game has to be real long. ....Aaand okw player did not spend its fuel on anything else but teching, KT and Jagdtiger.
I doubt I'll ever meet that tbh.
29 Jun 2015, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 08:46 AMJohnnyB

Figuratively speaking, you have better chances to be hit by a falling plane in your own house than meeting this situation on the field: same okw player build one Jagdtiger and one KT in one game and keep them alive to act as a team. Or you got stomped quite hard since game beginning. ....Aaand that game has to be real long. ....Aaand okw player did not spend its fuel on anything else but teching, KT and Jagdtiger.

Come on.. Really long? In 4v4 you can get second KT at 26min. It's hardly long game.
Two heavies from 1 player in 4v4 is something common.
29 Jun 2015, 08:49 AM

So what? Relic wanted more medium armor play so why not restrict 1 KT OR 1 Jagd? OKW can field both while I am limited 1 IS-2?

Hold it right there, the picture doesn't show one KT and one JagdTiger? I think this is the case that we are looking at, because, you know, patch notes said KTs are limited to ONE at a time, like any other heavy. I know how to read english, wtf?!
29 Jun 2015, 08:50 AM

Come on.. Really long? In 4v4 you can get second KT at 26min. It's hardly long game.
Two heavies from 1 player in 4v4 is something common.

My mistake, I was referring to 2v2s. I believe in 4v4s situation is different, and could be possible. But for sure not as often as people want to imply.
29 Jun 2015, 08:58 AM

I've seen it happen in 2v2s. Keeping a KT alive is easy so it is only a matter of time before you can call in the Jagd.
29 Jun 2015, 09:12 AM

Permanently Banned
Haha, I have seen this comming ever since the patch notes were released. Let me get my KingTiger heavy tank from my hq and than let me call in another heavy tank.

To be fair, if the axis player can get those tanks, it means he has a very high pop cap due to his two heavy vehicles. Which means he will have less infantry. To add to this, if the axis player can get this amount of fuel, you can get a lot of jacksons. Jackson train is very effective against kt, since you outrange it. They are also faster, so a hit and run flank can work very well also.
Pop
29 Jun 2015, 09:32 AM

I feel like most of the time a balance thread gets created about late game units it's orientated around players that are less capable of pushing the game in the early/mid to end it before heavies become a huge issue.

If an OKW player can get a KT PLUS a JT then you must have gone for lunch for half the game. You've got every opportunity to not let the game drift into the stages of this being a possibility.
29 Jun 2015, 09:45 AM

29 Jun 2015, 09:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 08:46 AMJohnnyB

Not exactly the situation you are referring too, but i once faced an double OkW team on Eindhoven were there was both a JT and a KT on the field ( one player going JT and the other KT).
Lateron, one JT was killed but another was called in again.

Eventho this wasn't what you asked for, it certainly was possible for the OkW player's to get multiple heavies on the field (including the aformentioned combo of JT and KT) in a 2vs2.

If you have an hour to spare or simply require proof, i recommend you watch the cast of it:

(the cast and game are quite good if i may say so).

29 Jun 2015, 10:12 AM

Why all this blame? seriously, i don´t want to insult people that take it maybe personal, but if someone can field a KT and a JT or what ever, you are a really bad player and you probably made huge mistakes!

To field 1 JT you have in nomal cases keeping your fuel the entire game, maybe 1 light vehicle but thats all. And the 66% income means OKW received 33% less than others but other factions get 50% more if you are in the view of 66%.

Get a feel for it, this discussion feels so dumb and retarded :rolleyes:

And befor blabla goes on, all my current losses with my team in AT 3v3, 4v4 as allieds are resaults of drop hack (ye was also impressed that this is somehow going) and gamecrashes.

3v3 and 4v4 as allieds is so cheesy, so pls stop complaying about allieds are weak in these modes, it´s only random 3v3 and 4v4 thats suck becaus of bad players and beeing bad is not such a fault as Axis than with allieds.
29 Jun 2015, 10:22 AM

Why all this blame? seriously, i don´t want to insult people that take it maybe personal, but if someone can field a KT and a JT or what ever, you are a really bad player and you probably made huge mistakes!

To field 1 JT you have in nomal cases keeping your fuel the entire game, maybe 1 light vehicle but thats all. And the 66% income means OKW received 33% less than others but other factions get 50% more if you are in the view of 66%.

Get a feel for it, this discussion feels so dumb and retarded :rolleyes:

And befor blabla goes on, all my current losses with my team in AT 3v3, 4v4 as allieds are resaults of drop hack (ye was also impressed that this is somehow going) and gamecrashes.

3v3 and 4v4 as allieds is so cheesy, so pls stop complaying about allieds are weak in these modes, it´s only random 3v3 and 4v4 thats suck becaus of bad players and beeing bad is not such a fault as Axis than with allieds.

Or they are playing 4v4, with one ostheer feeding an OKW fuel and OKW truck early defensive ability they can easily field tank after tank, I had a game in 3v3 where OKW trucks held two VP's, they also had the fuel points for a while because the VP's were next to the points, Luckily with the use of SU76, SU85 and guards from me I gave them a good fight on one side, while my friends punished the weaker defensives while I held the line with their heavy defenses, we came up against an early panther and 7-8 KT's during the entire match and won it.
29 Jun 2015, 10:26 AM

Or they are playing 4v4, with one ostheer feeding an OKW fuel and OKW truck early defensive ability they can easily field tank after tank, I had a game in 3v3 where OKW trucks held two VP's, they also had the fuel points for a while because the VP's were next to the points, Luckily with the use of SU76, SU85 and guards from me I gave them a good fight on one side, while my friends punished the weaker defensives while I held the line with their heavy defenses, we came up against an early panther and 7-8 KT's during the entire match and won it.

That massive dude :D tried also to do this "feeding" strat, worked well, my mate had after 13 minutes KT. But i have the feel that in a strong AT game this kind of fast teching is going to fail.

But maybe im wrong, im just disapointed whats the problem is to field a KT and ja JT if you have the ressources. :o Because the mechanics are others as just call in one IS2 after the other.
29 Jun 2015, 10:37 AM

Every time I see a rant from someone I read about units going head to head like that ever happens. What are you doing? Sending your units one by one in combat? I see a lot of complaints about T-34/76s but if you watch the last 2v2 cast from ImperialDane you will see an excellent use of "lame" Soviet armor with absolutely no bs call-in and superb tactics, combined arms and all that jazz. You can play this game with no call in and still achieve victory if you play right. You can not expect to build units and sit back while they win the game for you. I've seen KTs devastating opponents and I've seen some lost without even seeing much action. An unskilled carpenter blames the tools.
29 Jun 2015, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 09:50 AMzarok47

Not exactly the situation you are referring too, but i once faced an double OkW team on Eindhoven were there was both a JT and a KT on the field ( one player going JT and the other KT).
Lateron, one JT was killed but another was called in again.

Eventho this wasn't what you asked for, it certainly was possible for the OkW player's to get multiple heavies on the field (including the aformentioned combo of JT and KT) in a 2vs2.

If you have an hour to spare or simply require proof, i recommend you watch the cast of it:

(the cast and game are quite good if i may say so).

Saw that on replay section weeks ago, you guys just pwned them, that Jagdtiger usage was pretty pretty bad.
29 Jun 2015, 11:38 AM

What if I don't pick Guards mortar? You expect Allies to stop Panthers, KTs and Jagds with 1 IS2s and bunch of garbage mediums?

t34/85 garbage?

:loco:
29 Jun 2015, 12:08 PM

Even if a OKW player can only summon a KT and JT toghether under a blood moon with all the planets aligned, it's still a option which the other team under the same circumstances won't have access to. Limiting it to 1 heavy for OKW as well would only affect the modes where this is possible, which is long matches of 3v3 and 4v4.

I have played games where this has been a tie breaker in long and drawn out matches. I'm not concerned with matches that are a steamroll for either side, but rather when they are even and go well beyond 30-40 mins.
29 Jun 2015, 13:15 PM

Some people on this forum just can't understand simple things. 2vs2 me and my brother USF facing OKW and OST. Play it cool like Lemon told don't rush don't sprint, step by step. In VP we were losing because MG play and schwerer HQ denied us 2 vp point. But eventually we won no chesee no blob smart tactical play no rushes becuase At everywhere and blobs Volk blobs. My priest got 51 kills and the OKW wave hasn't stopped. In the midst of this chaos (no enemy vehicles or tanks sooo KT and Tiger incoming) we destroyed 7 tigers and 4 or 5 King Tigers and finally won. Stil 57mm was denied so many times by the KT. Our commanders were infantry (priest) and Rifle (ez 8 all the way ) if i would have chosen my favourite Mech commander i think we would lose.
29 Jun 2015, 13:35 PM

Even if a OKW player can only summon a KT and JT toghether under a blood moon with all the planets aligned, it's still a option which the other team under the same circumstances won't have access to.

Sums up my thoughts on this matter. My [options] shouldn't be limited if the opposing player can build 2 heavies.

Again, keep in mind this limitation is for 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 match up were we would see multiple heavies from 1 player, this is not rare. Also in 3 v 3 and 4 v 4s, team players can divide up to mitigate pop cap with OKW. For instance, 1 player goes CAS (infantry heavy), 2nd player will go P4s with Eles and small infantry, 3 support weapons and Panthers and 4th player spams KTs and Obers.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS