russian armor

Heavy Tank Limit

PAGES (8)down
30 Jun 2015, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 16:18 PMVonIvan
So you guys keep forgetting the point here. :foreveralone:
Medium armor spam counters all this patch. :foreveralone:
If you haven't realized this yet...........gl hf :foreveralone:

I wish this was the case, but sadly T-34/76 is not on par with its counter parts. Su-85s are great with Guards to handle Panthers but with shocks not too well.
30 Jun 2015, 20:51 PM

I wish this was the case, but sadly T-34/76 is not on par with its counter parts. Su-85s are great with Guards to handle Panthers but with shocks not too well.

T-34/76s can be with guards + marked target + ISU. :foreveralone:
30 Jun 2015, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 16:18 PMVonIvan
So you guys keep forgetting the point here. :foreveralone:
Medium armor spam counters all this patch. :foreveralone:
If you haven't realized this yet...........gl hf :foreveralone:

EDIT: Fanbois trying to get more heavy tanks out to counter other heavy tanks. :foreveralone:

Been saying that all along, its just that this mostly benefits...wait for it...factions that have medim call-ins, aka 85s. And now you cant even engine crit them! Brave new world.
30 Jun 2015, 21:13 PM

Permanently Banned

What do you want to say? 75 supply of an impossible to acquire army (unless you can find an abandoned IS-2) worth ~1800mp and 740fuel can beat a KT? I'd better well hope so. I don't see how this has anything to do with the discussion at hand though.

The discussion is two KTs or a KT with another heavy call in. I just numbered the options one can have if they encouter this. Please don't be butthurt about it xd
30 Jun 2015, 21:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 20:51 PMVonIvan

T-34/76s can be with guards + marked target + ISU. :foreveralone:

This is a tough strategy to pull if Axis player pulls out both KT and Jagd. :guyokay:
30 Jun 2015, 21:40 PM

This is a tough strategy to pull if Axis player pulls out both KT and Jagd. :guyokay:

260+80+40+290 = 670 fuel. With OKW's reduced fuel income that's equivalent to 917 fuel.

Yeah, uh, if you are facing down a KT + JT combo something went wrong somewhere on your end vis a vis map control. :foreveralone:
30 Jun 2015, 22:12 PM

260+80+40+290 = 670 fuel. With OKW's reduced fuel income that's equivalent to 917 fuel.

Yeah, uh, if you are facing down a KT + JT combo something went wrong somewhere on your end vis a vis map control. :foreveralone:

Just stop your fuel math. After 2 schrecks and few mines you have nothing to spend ammo for (just nades but 15-19ammo/min is enough for them) -> fuel conversion all day long.
30 Jun 2015, 22:18 PM

Not really considering panzerfausts can't insta-crit them and numbers > elite tank. :foreveralone:
30 Jun 2015, 22:26 PM

Just stop your fuel math. After 2 schrecks and few mines you have nothing to spend ammo for (just nades but 15-19ammo/min is enough for them) -> fuel conversion all day long.

Nothing to spend ammo for? Are you kidding me? OKW has tons of artillery call in abilities that are excellent late game as well as the fact you need to keep upgrading your infantry to make them useful. 90 muni to upgrade Fuss, 60 muni for Obers, ect.

And fuel conversion isn't 100% efficient, you will still very much be at a disadvantage income wise.

Ignoring OKW fuel penalty is like ignoring fact that Soviet stock units are shitty or that USF have vehicle crews.
1 Jul 2015, 07:08 AM

Just because you like to use the inefficient resource conversion, which honestly puts you at an even worse economic position, and don't know how to use munitions doesn't mean everyone does.

I actually tend to convert fuel to munitions whenever I use the ability. So what if my enemy has armor, I have a ten squad Panzershreck blob and mines and bunkers everywhere. Plus some Obersoldaten and probably a Pak 43 to boot. And here comes my artillery.

Munitions beats fuel. You may need fuel to tech and build armor, but armor can be countered with manpower alone and is doubly vulnerable when munitions gets involved. Meanwhile the only thing that counters munitions is more munitions.
2 Jul 2015, 16:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge

So I; as an Ostheer player techs all the way up to T4 for the amazing privilege of my 1 Panther getting overwhelmed because my opponent has to build literally 1 tier the entire game which is free anyway.

If you are playing 4v4 and only have one Panther out by the time 10CP rolls around you did something wrong

You can get your first by 4CP or so
2 Jul 2015, 17:02 PM

If you are playing 4v4 and only have one Panther out by the time 10CP rolls around you did something wrong

I was specifically talking about 1v1 and 2v2.
2 Jul 2015, 17:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge

You still haven't answered the fact that if heavy limits are supposed to increase medium play; then why does OKW have no medium generalist tank to play with?

What, Panthers are not good enough for you?

Don't tell me they have no AI, Jacksons and SU-85s have no AI, Panther has AI whilst also being largely immune to anything infantry will bring to the party
2 Jul 2015, 17:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 08:50 AMJohnnyB

My mistake, I was referring to 2v2s. I believe in 4v4s situation is different, and could be possible. But for sure not as often as people want to imply.

It's my go-to-strat in 4v4 Random and AT
2 Jul 2015, 17:06 PM

What, Panthers are not good enough for you?

Don't tell me they have no AI, Jacksons and SU-85s have no AI, Panther has AI whilst also being largely immune to anything infantry will bring to the party

Nobody builds Panthers for AI purposes. The fact they do have some ability to hurt enemy infantry (if they get close enough) is good, but I'm pretty sure nobody would be upset if they removed the MG's and lowered the cost of the tank.
2 Jul 2015, 17:08 PM

[...]

:o
Ffs.
2 Jul 2015, 17:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I was specifically talking about 1v1 and 2v2.

Fair enough, but this discussion is framed around large game modes because you won't see two KT otherwise
2 Jul 2015, 17:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge

:o
Ffs.

4v4 tech runs very fast, and there is no reason to get T3 unless you think it can win you the game

T1 - 4 units
T2 - 2-3 PGrens and Paks
T3
T4 - Panther

People who think they can go T1-T4 get punished, but the BO above is quite doable
2 Jul 2015, 17:14 PM

Like my clan is pretty much on top of everything when it comes and 3's and 4's and we dropped KT spam a while ago after it's armor got nerfed. It's a lot more efficient to combine a Panther with a Stuka or some other combo.

I said it before, I wouldn't have a problem with the KT being limited to 1 if they gave OKW a generalist medium tank. :snfBarton:
6 Jul 2015, 17:35 PM

Like my clan is pretty much on top of everything when it comes and 3's and 4's and we dropped KT spam a while ago after it's armor got nerfed. It's a lot more efficient to combine a Panther with a Stuka or some other combo.

I said it before, I wouldn't have a problem with the KT being limited to 1 if they gave OKW a generalist medium tank. :snfBarton:

I often wonder why more OKW players don't use the medium tank commander? Does not seem like a terrible one. If they gave you a medium tank Alex it would just be more burning panzers and food for my shermans kappa. :D
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 29
Peru 11
unknown 8
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L