Login

russian armor

Guard Motor Solution?

15 Jun 2015, 07:31 AM

I was in the Alpha too, I think its a nerf but I guess we look at things differently.

I'm just looking at leaked patchnotes, so I'll bow to your greater knowledge in this matter, perhaps its been changed. :)
15 Jun 2015, 07:34 AM
Donator 11

I'm just looking at leaked patchnotes, so I'll bow to your greater knowledge in this matter, perhaps its been changed. :)

You read the patch notes, so you also know :p . I guess its a matter of perspective. Specially the T34/76s
15 Jun 2015, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2015, 19:02 PMPorygon

M-O-V-E-D™ MG42, swarm in Cons and Guards, MG42 rendered useless, sector lost.

So you are saying that a infantry coordinate assault with indirect fire support from soviets should be easily countered by ostheers with only front defense army, leaving soviets gaining nothing from that kind of assault?

OMG what the f**k are you thinking this game ought to be? Red Alert? World of Tanks?
15 Jun 2015, 08:48 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Are people in this thread seriously defending CAS? WTF is wrong with you, CAS ,in 2v2+ especially,
is the most cancerous doctrine in the game ATM, IMO. Im not saying Guard motor or other doctrines
are any better, but CAS is by far the worst doctrine in the game.Any clown player in this game
can pick it up and give far superior players a tough time with it.(true for some other doctrines as well, but CAS is the easiest to play with a lot more room for error.)
15 Jun 2015, 09:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2015, 07:29 AMKatitof
Which does not translate to "my squads should never die, even if a god damn B4 shell drops on their heads" which many players confuse it with.
That´s why I wrote about the "2CP" mark on which the 120mm mortar appears. Getting a squad wiped around the 7-10 minute mark causes significantly more trouble than in the lategame, where unvetted infantry is thrown away to get VPs.
15 Jun 2015, 12:00 PM

How to counter 120mm?

Same way you counter every indirect fire thing ever: stay mobile.

That also means you don't put your trucks in the middle of the map, and don't invest too hard in bunkers.

lol
15 Jun 2015, 12:04 PM

That´s why I wrote about the "2CP" mark on which the 120mm mortar appears. Getting a squad wiped around the 7-10 minute mark causes significantly more trouble than in the lategame, where unvetted infantry is thrown away to get VPs.

I believe only ost doesn't have tools that would squadwipe easily at that time.
Its not really just 120mm problem.

OKW have flak HT that can melt infantry in a seconds, pay less attention for a moment and you have 1 less squad. Sturms on the retreat path also can finish off retreating squad effortlessly.

USF can more or less successfully chase with M20, M15(less advised) or greyhound.

Soviets have M3s with flamers, demos and 120mm.

120mm have the range advantage here, but its also RNG dependent.
15 Jun 2015, 12:30 PM

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198020822126

Yeah listen to Goldeneale, we just all have l2p, because pros like him say you gotta move your units.

I lost countless moving squads to the 120mm. Moving is the first thing you do after 1 shell lands.

Also move your HMG that screens your troop while a guard blob attacks, because precision strike can just wipe every team weapon and thus crack easily defences.

Hey, I'm just telling you what works for me, and what works for my enemies. You can condescend all you want, I'll go off and use the tactics that I find effective.

Usually if I find myself against a strategy I can't overcome with my own ideas, I'll switch factions and start using that strategy against others until someone beats me. That way I an let someone else do the thinking for me.
15 Jun 2015, 12:32 PM

Are people in this thread seriously defending CAS? WTF is wrong with you, CAS ,in 2v2+ especially,
is the most cancerous doctrine in the game ATM, IMO. Im not saying Guard motor or other doctrines
are any better, but CAS is by far the worst doctrine in the game.Any clown player in this game
can pick it up and give far superior players a tough time with it.(true for some other doctrines as well, but CAS is the easiest to play with a lot more room for error.)

Everyday I pray that RNGesus will bless me with the drop of CAS doctrine.

Bunkers, mines, Panzershrecks, LMGs, Stukas, upgrades... everywhere.
15 Jun 2015, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2015, 12:04 PMKatitof

I believe only ost doesn't have tools that would squadwipe easily at that time.
Its not really just 120mm problem.

OKW have flak HT that can melt infantry in a seconds, pay less attention for a moment and you have 1 less squad. Sturms on the retreat path also can finish off retreating squad effortlessly.

USF can more or less successfully chase with M20, M15(less advised) or greyhound.

Soviets have M3s with flamers, demos and 120mm.

120mm have the range advantage here, but its also RNG dependent.

That's a pretty good point. The 120mm isn't the only thing around that can wipe squads at 2 CP. A pair of those OKW flaktracks working together can wipe a squad in just a couple seconds, especially with the way squad grouping is these days. Toss a few minefields in or a Sturmpioneer on the retreat path and it's infuriating to play against.

I think the problem most people have with the 120mm wipes is the "surprise" factor involved, similar to demos. The counterplay involved with both is less a matter of killing things and more a matter of being constantly at attention and avoiding certain situations. At least if something gets wiped by a flaktrack or a squad on your retreat path it's very clear that you've been outplayed in some way. The more RNG wipers, however, tend to frustrate because it's very easy to blame the game, or luck, instead of actual player actions.

At the same time, one could argue that the S-mine field is OH's early-game wiper. Set one up behind a blob before you force the retreat and that's a major chance of gg right there. Perhaps riflenade salvos as well, but those can be dodged if you're paying attention.
15 Jun 2015, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2015, 03:36 AMAladdin

Yet Soviet stays the strongest faction as it's been

This seems like the direction Relic is heading towards, I guess Brits and USF will be competitive only.
15 Jun 2015, 18:11 PM

Solution: Wait for 23rd...
15 Jun 2015, 20:41 PM

That's a pretty good point. The 120mm isn't the only thing around that can wipe squads at 2 CP. A pair of those OKW flaktracks working together can wipe a squad in just a couple seconds, especially with the way squad grouping is these days. Toss a few minefields in or a Sturmpioneer on the retreat path and it's infuriating to play against.

I think the problem most people have with the 120mm wipes is the "surprise" factor involved, similar to demos. The counterplay involved with both is less a matter of killing things and more a matter of being constantly at attention and avoiding certain situations. At least if something gets wiped by a flaktrack or a squad on your retreat path it's very clear that you've been outplayed in some way. The more RNG wipers, however, tend to frustrate because it's very easy to blame the game, or luck, instead of actual player actions.

At the same time, one could argue that the S-mine field is OH's early-game wiper. Set one up behind a blob before you force the retreat and that's a major chance of gg right there. Perhaps riflenade salvos as well, but those can be dodged if you're paying attention.

The axis unit wipers you described require micro and your units have to put themselves in jeopardy in order to kill enemy units.

The 120mm can sit way way back auto-firing shells all day without the player having to direct it. You don't need to sneak and fight your way into the retreat path at the same time as you force a retreat if you have the 120mm. They won't even have a chance to retreat a lot of the time.

I don't complain about getting a rifle blob or shocktroopers or anything else in my retreat path. Just about the 120mm.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★