Login

russian armor

Guard Motor Solution?

14 Jun 2015, 17:07 PM

I find stupid arguing with NKVD fanboy.

Maybe they are right, my fault of playing Ostheer because Sovjet have Guard fucking Motor.

And maybe CAS Stuka able to shoot some Wunderwaffe super glue gluing Allies tank on ground. I never know that. :)
14 Jun 2015, 17:16 PM

"Mark vehicle"

People still have problems with this?...
14 Jun 2015, 17:17 PM

Permanently Banned
I swear the two of you going at it reminds me of Ash and Team Rocket from Pokemon.
14 Jun 2015, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2015, 14:37 PMPorygon

Spoken like Pak, MG42, Mortar can move on fire, very fucking funny dude.

In 2v2s, I always play either OH or SU (my comrade plays the corresponding WFA army).

There was a time period where, as Axis, we would rush to a point and fortify it, me usually starting with 2 MG42s while he went for the med truck. We would then push out from there. I would often place many bunkers with overlapping fields of fire and mines and wire. For a time, it worked well.

We began meeting opponents who would build Katyushas, Scotts, and 120mm mortars. These opponents defeated us soundly, rendering our fortifications useless.

So we changed things up. We kept our strategy loose and open-ended until we knew (or at least could make a sound guess) whether any SU enemies were going T4, T3, or just banking for call-ins. And if we did think they went T4, or we saw a 120 or heard a Katyusha, guess what we did?

We moved. And then we kept on moving.

I would stop building MG42s. I kept my AT guns at the rear until they were needed, and I moved my mortar whenever I could. My MGs would stay at the back of the line, setting up only once enemy forces were engaged and pulling back shortly after they were pinned. LMGs were forsaken for minefields, Panzershrecks, and vehicle upgrades. Panzergrenadiers were prioritized over Grenadiers. Guess what happened?

All of that artillery that our foes made was absolutely worthless. They had no stationary targets to shoot at. We would use our great mobility to flank and wipe the 120mm whenever possible, stealing it for our purposes. We used counterbattery fire.

Ever since we started doing this, the 120mm and indeed all other artillery became far less effective. Any 120mm our opponents built became liabilities, 400 MP liabilities that were next to useless in combat, and let's not forget that we had 400MP worth extra of actual frontline fighting units, making it all the easier to retreat enemy forces and gain map control.

The moral of the story is this: if your enemy is taking out your team weapons with artillery or mortars, then move. It really is the single greatest counter to any indirect fire: move. Is your MG being bombarded by a 120mm? Move it, chances are its already surpressed enemy forces and given you the advantage you need. AT gun getting hit by mortars? Move it, and I sure hope you have some mobile handheld AT supporting it because combined arms is amazing. LMG Grenadiers being hit by mortars? Move them, your opponent has countered your build (stationary infantry) with indirect fire, good for them, now you respond by switching to mobile infantry.

Also I found your initial response to my post to be incredibly immature, inapplicable and, frankly, irrelevant. Sure you can avoid death by not living, but you didn't really have a choice there did you? You do, however, have the ability to move your units when they're under fire

And by the way, I'm a pretty big fan of NKVD too.
14 Jun 2015, 17:56 PM

How to counter 120mm?

Same way you counter every indirect fire thing ever: stay mobile.

That also means you don't put your trucks in the middle of the map, and don't invest too hard in bunkers.

Nice advice noob.Now if only my pak,mg42,mortar or LMG grens could fire on the move.
14 Jun 2015, 17:57 PM

Nice advice noob.Now if only my pak,mg42,mortar or LMG grens could fire on the move.

See above.
14 Jun 2015, 17:59 PM
Donator 11

That wasn't exactly the point he was making now was he.
14 Jun 2015, 17:59 PM

See above.

I did,and it meant nothing than you saying it works.
If ost can't use bulk of its main units mg42,lmg grens,paks and mortars it can't win.It can keep on the move sure so the other sov units can come around and mop u up with ur out of position out of cover units.
14 Jun 2015, 18:01 PM

That wasn't exactly the point he was making now was he.

You can't even put a squad in cover for a fight without waiting for the inevitable sudden squadwipe if this thing is within firing range and thats half the maps always.Most broken earlygame unit ever.
14 Jun 2015, 18:03 PM

I did,and it meant nothing than you saying it works.
If ost can't use bulk of its main units mg42,lmg grens,paks and mortars it can't win.It can keep on the move sure so the other sov units can come around and mop u up with ur out of position out of cover units.

I feel like there's some miscommunication issue here.

I'm not saying they should be firing on the move, I'm saying they should be moving often.

Y'know you can use your own mortars, too? The hyper-accurate OH mortar? You can even build two if you want, and guess what your opponent will do?

He'll move.
14 Jun 2015, 18:12 PM

I feel like there's some miscommunication issue here.

I'm not saying they should be firing on the move, I'm saying they should be moving often.

Y'know you can use your own mortars, too? The hyper-accurate OH mortar? You can even build two if you want, and guess what your opponent will do?

He'll move.

And u should know u are essentially saying to be moving inside a battle which means not firing,because anytime ur not moving in a skirmish and this thing is within range ur likely to get squadwipes.

Oh i can?...its just that i can't reach the 120 mm.AND It has something called precision strike to wipe my mortar with 4 men.And soviet mortar has better accuracy plus precision strike than german 'hyper accurate' mortar lol.German one only has better reload.

If u don't know what ur talking about why talk shit?<444>_<444>
14 Jun 2015, 18:28 PM

And u should know u are essentially saying to be moving inside a battle which means not firing,because anytime ur not moving in a skirmish and this thing is within range ur likely to get squadwipes.

Oh i can?...its just that i can't reach the 120 mm.AND It has something called precision strike to wipe my mortar with 4 men.And soviet mortar has better accuracy plus precision strike than german 'hyper accurate' mortar lol.German one only has better reload.

If u don't know what ur talking about why talk shit?<444>_<444>

No no no, not like constantly moving, so much as not standing still. Move when you expect the mortar round to hit, move when you're not firing, move when you don't need to stand still, and don't be so set on making an army that has to stand still to be effective.

And I wasn't saying to hit the 120mm with your mortars, I was implying that OH can build mortars as well to force the same mobility on their opponent.

The OH mortar's barrage sucks, yes. I never use it, because its auto-fire kicks ass and I wipe with and get wiped by it at least half as much as with the 120mm. Slap some veterancy on it and the thing really starts to control engagements.

Honestly I just don't feel like Guard Motor is OP. I rarely choose it as SU and I don't fill up with despair playing against it as OH. The Guards themselves don't bother me, the 120mm doesn't bother me, and the T34/85s only bother me because they skip teching. Even then, I can still fight them effectively.

By the way...

I'm not talking shit.
14 Jun 2015, 19:02 PM

MOVE™, what a genius advice, MOVE™.

Guess what happened when you M-O-V-E-D™?

M-O-V-E-D™ MG42, swarm in Cons and Guards, MG42 rendered useless, sector lost.

M-O-V-E-D™ Gren out of cover, wait isn't the game encourage us using the cover? Good, swarm in the Guards.

M-O-V-E-D™ Pak40, T-34/85 swarm in, Pak lost.

M-O-V-E-D™ Pak43, wait can it be M-O-V-E-D™ ?

M-O-V-E-D™ OKW medic truck, wait...

I love it, M-O-V-E-D™.
Sir, your M-O-V-E-D™ is shit.

The true meaning of that goddamn 120mm is making your M-O-V-E-D™, and render your static stuff useless. As same as old US 105, it is NOT used to kill but force your M-O-V-E-D™ and ease up the difficulties for the Rifles. But 120 can usually squadwipe thanks to PQ genius sticky cover/squad spacing.
14 Jun 2015, 19:39 PM

Wow guys it's amazing how you are able to insult each other but not able to somehow discuss with reasonable arguments.

So if you guys will continue your "screw you" - "no, screw you!" attitude, I have no problem closing this thread.

14 Jun 2015, 19:41 PM

Aerohank, Porygon has a point insofar as OH is far, far more dependant on static weapon play than Soviets are. Trying and spamming Grens vs a good Soviet player will never work, especially once he has discovered the advanced wonders of the sandbags/Guards combo. Not to mention that Grens need to be parked in order to be effective as well.

I know he has a point. I don't think guards motor is fine at all. Soviets in general need some toning down. My post was meant to simply show the hypocrisy in Porygons line of thinking when it comes to axis vs allies balance concerns.

In his world view it is:
1) OK for Ostheer CAS to insta-kill tanks near the side of the map, because (paraphrasing) 'you know it is coming so why have tanks be stationary near the edges of the map'.
2) It is absolutely not OK for Soviets to have a unit that does significant damage to stationary units.

But somehow I am the fanboy because I think no faction should have broken abilities. :rolleyes:

But I digress...

And @highfive. I simply make these post so that the developers don't listen to players like Katitof (Soviet defender #1) and Porygon (guy who claimed the march deployment imbalance fiasco was just Soviets needing to L2P).
14 Jun 2015, 19:48 PM

Guard motor is simply the best chance to win right now for soviets.
So is CAS/Mechanized assault for Ostheer and Elite Rifle for US.

All of the mentioned doctrines need nerfs.
You can simply see Guard Motor more often because it's not premium.
I do neither own Mechanized Assault, nor Elite Rifle.

Sure, I would play them if I had them, who wouldn't?
It's just to be able to compete with your enemy.

And there's the problem:
It's not good if some commanders are simply way superior then others.
Said commanders simply don't have many downsides. Every ability in them is rather useful.

Nerf what is too good and buff what is never played.
14 Jun 2015, 20:43 PM

[...]

Ok, upon reviewing that thread, I concur, thats fairly absurd.
14 Jun 2015, 21:54 PM

Permanently Banned
Just don't play anymore untill the patch hits. I have given it a break for the last two weeks now, only playing 1 game a week or something. Player base has dropped to my believes, automatch queues are getting longer and longer
14 Jun 2015, 22:33 PM

Permanently Banned
Just don't play anymore untill the patch hits. I have given it a break for the last two weeks now, only playing 1 game a week or something. Player base has dropped to my believes, automatch queues are getting longer and longer

Because most allied players have left MVGame
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS