Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes 2 Voices

PAGES (8)down
7 Jun 2015, 16:42 PM

Thanks, would be great! I can't find any voice-rich replays though :(

Thanks for the correction! I made an assumption and was wrong about ze germanz.
Only partly. Having listened to some Grenadier lines I don´t think they are authentic. They say "Einsatzbereit" while the pronunciation should be "Einsatzbereit". Definitely not German. ^^

7 Jun 2015, 17:13 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Just keeping up the tradition of squeaky-voices elite infantry, a la CoH1 Stormtroopers.

Speaking of which, here's the Obersoldaten voice clip. He tries to be positive for everyone, but he's tired of trying :P

Probably could have been a unit that shouldn't be shouting all the time when in combat.
7 Jun 2015, 17:21 PM

Speaking of which, here's the Obersoldaten voice clip. He tries to be positive for everyone, but he's tired of trying :P

Probably could have been a unit that shouldn't be shouting all the time when in combat.

CAPSLOCKSOLDATEN ENGAGE! SCREAM SMARTER, NOT HARDER!

Nice) Can you get any more sound files?
7 Jun 2015, 17:30 PM

Holy shit! Does he say "Army territory" or "Ami territory"? If it´s supposed to be the latter that´s so wrong. The "A" is supposed to be short not stretched (Ammi).

Next time get native speakers Relic. I would even do it for free. :D
7 Jun 2015, 19:25 PM

Normal SS elite troops announcer would be IMO more calm, while SS death squads announcer, well, I don't imply anything

And while in this topic, as a slav I can confirm soviet atrocities seen in campaign aren't just an imagination :mellow: i've seen many 'murricans believing such things didn't happen and its just propaganda, well, archives in my country on the other side of iron curtain tell otherwise
Iam Russian and soldiers from red army are not talking like that. My grand grandfather was fighting in Stalingrad and he can say that soldiers are not talking like in the game. Also, campaign is a big joke.
7 Jun 2015, 20:47 PM

Also, campaign is a big joke.

Of course it is. But it's also a metaphore. The Soviets never murdered a soldier who went to save his commanding officer and surely did not ally with partisans only to kill them afterwards. But they did kill for less than desertion and many foreign people died because of their actions, and some of them were actually partisans killed because of politics to be honest.

I really do not want to sound like I'm mad at Russians because they killed many people, it's just some things happened.
7 Jun 2015, 23:41 PM

...surely did not ally with partisans only to kill them afterwards.

Uhh, actually-
7 Jun 2015, 23:56 PM

Holy shit! Does he say "Army territory" or "Ami territory"? If it´s supposed to be the latter that´s so wrong. The "A" is supposed to be short not stretched (Ammi).

Next time get native speakers Relic. I would even do it for free. :D

They are saying AHMY its a soft R. Rather then Army or Ami. Very Sterotypical German Accent.

Mirage thanks for putting up the African American voice lines. I wish Relic would have added it. They are awesome and it would have added a nice diversity to the USF.
8 Jun 2015, 00:36 AM

Actually the Ostheer announcer is German, and is in fact the same guy who played the general giving that speech to his men in Band of Brothers.

I think it's sad they removed the lines because it made the rear echelon squad a bit more distinct from the riflemen, but on the other hand I can understand why they did it.

IIRC the Ostheer announcer was the German colonel from Raiders of the Lost Ark.
8 Jun 2015, 01:09 AM

Much love for the Paratrooper voice actor. Perfect mixture of gruffness, confidence and professionalism. Reminded me of Donnie Wahlberg's portrayal of Carwood Lipton in Band of Brothers.
8 Jun 2015, 05:57 AM

Just wait till the British arrive, from COH1 I still remember them as the funnies VA, followed by the Hotchkiss.
8 Jun 2015, 07:15 AM

Uhh, actually-

Actually, this.

check urself before u shrek urself
8 Jun 2015, 07:22 AM

Maybe relic removed the black RE squad because they didn't want that the worst squad in the game is actually black.
8 Jun 2015, 08:40 AM

Actually, this.

check urself before u shrek urself

Except Polish partisans in CoH2 campaign are from Armia Krajowa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Army) not Gwardia Ludowa.

And AK soldiers were killed and repressed by the Soviets, during and even long after the war - that part CoH2 got right at least.
8 Jun 2015, 09:58 AM

Except Polish partisans in CoH2 campaign are from Armia Krajowa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Army) not Gwardia Ludowa.

And AK soldiers were killed and repressed by the Soviets, even long after the war - that part CoH2 got right at least.

That's exactly my point.
8 Jun 2015, 10:13 AM

That's exactly my point.

Hmm... maybe I've missed your point then :P

But you did say that the Red Army didn't ally with partisans only to kill them afterwards, and that kind of was the case at times - like after liberation of Lwow. But of course, AK soldiers weren't killed only sent to gulags, but it's not really that much better fate for them.
8 Jun 2015, 12:41 PM

Hmm... maybe I've missed your point then :P

But you did say that the Red Army didn't ally with partisans only to kill them afterwards, and that kind of was the case at times - like after liberation of Lwow. But of course, AK soldiers weren't killed only sent to gulags, but it's not really that much better fate for them.

Yeah, at first I generalised and then responded with link to Gwardia Krajowa because they were actually killing Armia Krajowa, it was a response to Mr. Someguy :p the initial point of what Soviets did stays and this is probably not very related to coh2 voicelines, so

Its a shame cons have same voice as irregulars and partisans
8 Jun 2015, 13:07 PM

I guess RE don't use the 'black' voice because there is no black facial variants. For WFA, they didn't make any new facial variants, and making new ones for only one unit is not a good allocation of ressources. And otherwise, it would've been weird to have white REs with 'black' voices.

As for the faulty accents: I actually prefer the slightly overdrawn portrayal of nations. That's why I find Ostheer's voice acting rather boring compared to OKW. Sure, Ostheer seems to have more native speakers, but OKW delivers the whole grumpy, disciplined german cliché so much better... and this is not meant in an offensive way. It's much cooler. IMO this kind of voice-acting really appeals to national identities. Wether or not you like it, the most powerful parts of a nation's identity come from how it is perceived from the outside, and not from how they'd like to see themselves.
For that reason, I also only have limited understanding for complaints about the russian voice-acting.

TL;DR: The Ostheer voice acting may be closer to the reality of what german soldiers may have been like but the overdrawn OKW (and Soviet) voice acting is a lot more powerful because it delivers clichés that can become a more potent basis of (national) identity.

@OP: Upload moar!!
8 Jun 2015, 18:16 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Ostheer Half-Track

I plan to rotate so USF, OKW, Ostheer, and Soviets. Shocks are next.
8 Jun 2015, 19:20 PM

Ostheer Half-Track

I plan to rotate so USF, OKW, Ostheer, and Soviets. Shocks are next.

Shiza a Tiger is attacking us! This I would like to be able to do once lol.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS